ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Ebay classifieds (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1046163-ebay-classifieds.html)

Wull 20 March 2017 02:04 PM

Ebay classifieds

Can you still advertise your car as a classified ad for 28 days?

I've tried to list my car but it only seems to give me the option for the 10 days.....

Is that how it is now?

ZANY 20 March 2017 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Wull (Post 11927295)
Can you still advertise your car as a classified ad for 28 days?

I've tried to list my car but it only seems to give me the option for the 10 days.....

Is that how it is now?

100% sure wull there's still option as my alloys are listed in the same way being classifieds for 28 days it'll be sumat to for with your buy it now settings etc

Go on the help section very helpfull even a fickie like me can work it out :thumb:

Wull 20 March 2017 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 11927336)
100% sure wull there's still option as my alloys are listed in the same way being classifieds for 28 days it'll be sumat to for with your buy it now settings etc

Go on the help section very helpfull even a fickie like me can work it out :thumb:

I'll try again later.......cheers!

bustaMOVEs 21 March 2017 12:24 PM

10 days is probably on auction setting as that's the max on auction setting, you need to change from auction to classified listing in the settings when doing ad and then it will change it

bustaMOVEs 21 March 2017 12:27 PM

Look, just tried it, it's fixed price now, not classified

They have a good till cancelled option now lol, does that mean forever? Whoohoo.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...1b689de2bf.png

Wull 21 March 2017 12:51 PM

I had selected fixed price (the only other option was auction) and the maximum time was 10 days, I tried again last night and it was still the same.

I'll try again, this was on the iPad but via the website and not the app.....it won't allow you to use the app for selling cars.

bustaMOVEs 21 March 2017 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Wull (Post 11927489)
I had selected fixed price (the only other option was auction) and the maximum time was 10 days, I tried again last night and it was still the same.

I'll try again, this was on the iPad but via the website and not the app.....it won't allow you to use the app for selling cars.

Yes agree won't allow app for listing cars, but I just tried it via iPad app for a normal item and it worked as above.
I'll check via website to try sell a car as well to confirm as that's wierd.

bustaMOVEs 21 March 2017 02:50 PM

You're right, will only let you list for 10 days now for vehicles , that's rubbish!
But I believe there's no final value fee anymore on cars like they used to be, so it's just a list price and that's it which has made it better as before you would have to pay a silly amount on fvf if the car sold for like thousands etc.
So a straight £10 listing fee seems fair

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...926d4453e7.png

ZANY 21 March 2017 03:06 PM

Bummer.... 10days hope not :wonder:

Wull 21 March 2017 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11927507)
You're right, will only let you list for 10 days now for vehicles , that's rubbish!
But I believe there's no final value fee anymore on cars like they used to be, so it's just a list price and that's it which has made it better as before you would have to pay a silly amount on fvf if the car sold for like thousands etc.
So a straight £10 listing fee seems fair

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...926d4453e7.png

Is that definite on the fvf?????

bustaMOVEs 21 March 2017 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Wull (Post 11927515)
Is that definite on the fvf?????

Pretty sure yeah, they got rid of final value fee on vehicle listings ages ago when it was about £30 for the 30 day listing which I thought it still was until you posted and in fact it's changed now to 10 day listing for £10 so theoretically same price just means you will have to relist every 10 days.(probably better if car sells quick)
But just double check when finalised listing as normally they state 'if item sells then the final value fees occur' or words to that effect when listing normal stuff, but that's free listings now, they just charge the FVF when sells.

They always changing rules, so my declaration is, don't blame me if different lol

ZANY 23 March 2017 01:35 PM

HERE's an idea!!!!!! :lol1::norty::norty::lol1:

FREE FREE FREE

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222449330776

bustaMOVEs 23 March 2017 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 11927964)
HERE's an idea!!!!!! :lol1::norty::norty::lol1:

FREE FREE FREE

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222449330776

You selling up

ZANY 23 March 2017 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11927975)
You selling up

@ that price bro too right :lol1:

just took it off bro
I was just messing about seeing if it would list :lol1:
I wouldn't advertise it but if it was to sell £14k would be my price bro so I could jump into a s203 only mod would be a roof scoop on that and plenty of polishing

bustaMOVEs 23 March 2017 06:12 PM

So you paid £10 to remove listing looooool

ZANY 23 March 2017 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11928035)
So you paid £10 to remove listing looooool

No it was free listing!! As are the wheels I've got up they just realist after 28 days :D
YAAR!! Your not paying any attention today are you bro that cheese must be strong down your ends :norty:

£10 listing for 10days bro if you list proper but not if done indirectly

LULL

bustaMOVEs 23 March 2017 06:46 PM

Ah just seen now, you never listed in car section. We got the gandu cheese over here, you should have some as you'll think you got 2 identical subs

ZANY 23 March 2017 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11928043)
Ah just seen now, you never listed in car section. We got the gandu cheese over here, you should have some as you'll think you got 2 identical subs

Round here it's all fruity and tight nice and mature made at the local farm non of the asda malarkey here ;)
if your ever round here your always welcome at mine for some sikkk cheese and a nice cold can of vimto coke or rubicon mango any time bro :lol1: :thumb:

bustaMOVEs 23 March 2017 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 11928047)
Round here it's all fruity and tight nice and mature made at the local farm non of the asda malarkey here ;)
if your ever round here your always welcome at mine for some sikkk cheese and a nice cold can of vimto coke or rubicon mango any time bro :lol1: :thumb:

Thanks for the offer bro, but I don't touch the cheese anymore.
But I prefer the Mirinda, a bosses drink :lol1:

windmill84 29 March 2017 06:40 AM

You can list your car for 28 days when you pick the 'Classified ad' option. The default option is 'buy it now' which has a max of 10 days. I listed mine last night using a PC on the proper eBay website, I didn't use an app.

Wull 29 March 2017 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by windmill84 (Post 11929266)
You can list your car for 28 days when you pick the 'Classified ad' option. The default option is 'buy it now' which has a max of 10 days. I listed mine last night using a PC on the proper eBay website, I didn't use an app.

I used the website and it never gave me that option, too late now as I've listed it.

After the 10 days I'll try again via the laptop. I listed it via the website but on the iPad.

It never gave me the classified option once as above, just auction or fixed price.

bustaMOVEs 12 April 2017 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Wull (Post 11929286)
I used the website and it never gave me that option, too late now as I've listed it.

After the 10 days I'll try again via the laptop. I listed it via the website but on the iPad.

It never gave me the classified option once as above, just auction or fixed price.

Right I've Sussed it, when listing in top right corner it says switch to advanced version etc, click that. For some reason default seems to be on quick listing option hence no extra option like the 28 days classified (don't know why it's set that default tbh as I've used it in past, must be when they update site)
Picture below shows that I've switched to advanced listing style, then I can switch back to quick style listing

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...7f2d6fcdb2.png

And now can use the 28 days classified option for £14.99 fixed price instead of the rip off £10 for every 10 days.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...194ff1391a.png

Wull 12 April 2017 10:15 PM

That's good, they're robbing *******s.

I stuck it on for the 10 days but when I list it again I'll do it as a classified ad for the month.

Cheers

bustaMOVEs 12 April 2017 10:39 PM

Yes lol, I was just listing my car and thought I'd divulge a bit, only realised after I listed for 10 days and now just listed again for 28 days so I've spent £25 now :( sod it.

ZANY 13 April 2017 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11932637)
Yes lol, I was just listing my car and thought I'd divulge a bit, only realised after I listed for 10 days and now just listed again for 28 days so I've spent £25 now :( sod it.

U sikkk guy :luxhello:
just imagine you could have spent the £10 on some wheel cleaner bro :lol1::thumb:

bustaMOVEs 13 April 2017 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 11932679)
U sikkk guy :luxhello:
just imagine you could have spent the £10 on some wheel cleaner bro :lol1::thumb:

You know dis!
Better than auto trader at £35 and upwards ta raas.(I was about to list then thought feck that, for now).
Listed on pistonheads too as it's about £11.99 for 28 days I think which is good.

ZANY 14 April 2017 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11932758)
You know dis!
Better than auto trader at £35 and upwards ta raas.(I was about to list then thought feck that, for now).
Listed on pistonheads too as it's about £11.99 for 28 days I think which is good.

Hope you get a hassle free sale bro :thumb: