ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   New Apexi power fc. Map sensor (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/1045949-new-apexi-power-fc-map-sensor.html)

karlberg 11 March 2017 11:30 PM

New Apexi power fc. Map sensor

Hi!
Just bought a apexi power fc för my type r gc8 -00.
and im thinking. Where you guys put the mapsensor? And what kind(brand) of sensor. And how did you connect it to the ecu?

anything else i need to connect?

little'un 12 March 2017 09:11 PM

PFC will read from your standard MAP sensor, unless you have the genuine Apexi boost control kit (with 3 bar sensor) installed and plugged into the 5 pin white connector on the side of the ecu case

karlberg 12 March 2017 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by little'un (Post 11925619)
PFC will read from your standard MAP sensor, unless you have the genuine Apexi boost control kit (with 3 bar sensor) installed and plugged into the 5 pin white connector on the side of the ecu case

the thing is, does my car have a map-sensor? I have a AFM.

I was thinking of taking a map sensor and put on the intercooler piping before the trottlebody, And then connect that sensor to the 5 pin white connector on the Apexi PF.

is that gonna work?

want to get rid of the AFM

bludgod 14 March 2017 11:09 AM

yes you have a MAP sensor in there and the apexi should be reading it no problems.
Hacking an aftermarket sensor into the Apexi won't work - you have to buy the full "boost control kit" for it or just use the factory standard kit and the built in (basic) boost control in the apexi - it should do OK unless your car is heavily modified.

karlberg 14 March 2017 11:32 PM

Okey! Thanks :)

so if i want to delete afm i will need the full bpost kit from apexi?
run:
fully forged ej207 2.0l
big ass stock mounted turbo whit 38mm ewg
6 speed dccd
fmic
1200cc injectors
and on and on :p
Looking for about 500 bhp

thanks for your time again

bludgod 15 March 2017 11:01 AM

no the boost control kit is literally just as the name says on the tin, for controlling boost. If you want to go mafless you would be better with a different ecu. I believe you can make the apexi run mafless with some kind of kit (is it a D-Jetro kit they call it to convert from MAF to MAP).

I think if you want to go mafless then then alcatek/simtek/link/syvecs would be the way to go. Also 500 on a stock location turbo will be a big task, your job will be easier if you lower your expectations or switch to a rotated setup.

karlberg 16 March 2017 10:54 PM

I got the apexi becouse of the good price ;) in a few years i will run link or maxxecu ;)
just got a baby so dont have all the money in the world right now :p

500bhp is very much possible i think ;)

the turbo can make 61lb/min

Bob Rawle 25 March 2017 02:07 PM

Your apexi cannot run mafless, the D Jetro is a specific Apexi model there is no conversion "kit"

Apexi boost control is rubbish, you just need to let it use the stock map sensor and best fit an Apexi AVC-R to control boost as an independent stan alone.

They are cheap but you only get what you pay for its "old" technology

Unfortunately you have bought the wrong ecu for your spec its not going to allow you to get anywhere near 500 bhp

karlberg 25 March 2017 09:05 PM

I know that its old and that you get what your pay for, bud dont got ~£1900 at the time(resently became a father for the first time) for a new link or maxxecu.
but its much better then your standard ecu whit ecutek. Only 4 mappers hete in sweden working whit it.

We will see what kind of power i can make whit it. I defenitly think that 500 bhp is possible. Its all came down to the mapper.

Bob Rawle 27 March 2017 10:56 PM

Your problem is the maf range ... good luck with it whatever figures you get since you are working to a budget make the most from it until you can swap it out, but be aware that the risks that exist relating to maf failure using the factory ecu are still there using this ecu