ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   Clutch recommendations for 550 600 hp (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/1045862-clutch-recommendations-for-550-600-hp.html)

Jampot 06 March 2017 09:10 PM

Clutch recommendations for 550 600 hp

I had a little search but mixed reviews really so though I'd start a new thread.

I was thinking exedy twin or triple as can get at a good price but wish to know others experiences

It will be fast road and track not a daily but still want a good feel.

Thanks in advance

joe v3sti 06 March 2017 10:31 PM

Exist twin plate. Tried and tested 👍

Jampot 06 March 2017 11:28 PM

Thanks Joe, it does seem a very popular choice, hence my original thinking.
Now my engine order has started I need to choose.

There are a few which one is most popular for my power requirements?

matt-c 07 March 2017 11:39 AM

Exedy twin, agree for track. Just expect it to be a bit on/off on the road, hill starts can be tricky if you are trying to keep the revs down.

Competition Clutch Stage 2 will manage your power, but if you will go a lot on track the slick shift of the twin plate is very nice.

stonejedi 07 March 2017 01:18 PM

Xtreme twin plate or Exedy twin,both superb clutches but the Xtreme is a bit softer disengaging on the peddle so a bit easier to live with on a daily driver,I'm afraid once you start moving the torque/Bhp curb up with increased power you need a clutch that can cope with that demand without falling apart.SJ.

Tidgy 07 March 2017 01:30 PM

got a twin plate competiton clutch in mine, about 70% the cost of a excede hyper.

bustaMOVEs 07 March 2017 04:20 PM

You have a few choices depending on price and comfort.
Excedy twin, xtreme twin, cc twin or ACT extreme single plate but feels oe and can cope with abuse.

96sti 07 March 2017 06:53 PM

I use a carbonetic twin plate. Been holding well :) although a little noisy think all twin plates are tho not sure.

AS Performance 10 March 2017 09:31 PM

Cost wise the ACT will take the punishment and offer best value for money and ultimately we find they outperform the twins!!

As with most things can supply all quality options at v.good pricing......
0191-4103770

** even our Exedy pricing seems better than the 'super dooper deals' on offer at the moment regardless **

Jampot 10 March 2017 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by AS Performance (Post 11925291)
Cost wise the ACT will take the punishment and offer best value for money and ultimately we find they outperform the twins!!

0191-4103770

** even our Exedy pricing seems better than the 'super dooper deals' on offer at the moment regardless **

Alyn, I am the same person who you have the whiteline item on the shelf for. Email coming your way Sir.

bustaMOVEs 10 March 2017 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by AS Performance (Post 11925291)

0191-4103770

Alyn price on the act extreme please, and dont say contact you, just give us a price please for 5 and 6 speed ;)

matieboy 25 March 2017 11:31 PM

Just replaced my Helix twin with an Extreme organic twin and have to say apart from a little judder cold and a bit of rattle when you press it ts very nice, pedal feel is quite close to standard good bitting point with a little bit of slip to help pull away away unlike the Helix which was just on or off.Also has a nice solid engagement once on the move and seems to be handling the power well 520bhp 520lbft.