ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Opinions on Which tyres for daily (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1045580-opinions-on-which-tyres-for-daily.html)

ZANY 23 February 2017 01:23 PM

Opinions on Which tyres for daily

Hi all as per title which ones are best for daily

NANKANG NS2/20
UNIROYAL R3
GOODYEAR F1
DUNLOP SPMAXX
BRIDGESTONE S001
PIRELLI PZERO

I have to pick a package in the next ten minutes so all opinions welcomed

The Trooper 1815 23 February 2017 01:25 PM

I have the S001's on my Leggy. Got them from COSTCO £270 all in including Nitrogen filling. Good allrounder, not setting the world on fire but I don't drive like I stole it either.

Cambs_Stuart 23 February 2017 02:47 PM

I've got goodyear f1's with a 91 sidewall. Good grip in all weather's and not too noisy or hard.

Gambit 23 February 2017 03:10 PM

S001's on my hatch, and had them previously on the hawk. both instances the car is a daily driver, no complaints about them

PT82 23 February 2017 03:25 PM

I really rate the Uniroyal Rainsports. Perfect all year british weather tyre imo.
Good price also.

ps. i have them on my Panda 100hp which is a silly light car. Sidewalls are on the slightly soft side.

ZANY 23 February 2017 03:41 PM

Thanks guys but I've stuck with what the golfs allready got on pirelli's as they were same price as the Dunlop, and the Bridgestone
£1100 spent on exact same design alloys as were on it although i had shown her so many DIFFRENT designs!! women can be so adamant :mad:

fpan 23 February 2017 03:55 PM

Michelin Pilot Supersports if money is no object.
The Uniroyal RS3 have too soft sidewalls.

nortonscooby 23 February 2017 04:03 PM

+1 for the uniroyal rainsports. Had them on my car last two years and find them great. Had p zeros in past and rate them highly but find they wear faster than the uniroyals.

ZANY 23 February 2017 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by fpan (Post 11921586)
Michelin Pilot Supersports if money is no object.
The Uniroyal RS3 have too soft sidewalls.

There won't be any sidewall on the stretched 225 35 19's as they are going on 8.5j wide alloys surprisingly with very little tyre showing with no sidewall the ride still seemed very smooth and solid on the golf till I buckled one :mad:
Tried to explain the whole theory with sidewalls and grip etc but it's like talking to a...:brickwall:brickwall:
I personally wanted the edition30 alloys that are genuine and 18" but it's HER car :cry:

bustaMOVEs 23 February 2017 04:14 PM

I have the Dunlop sportmaxx gt on the daily, replaced with same as I like them for noise, wear, grip etc so stuck with them again.
The noise was an issue if I changed as with 35 profile the noise transmitted would be a problem on the lower profile

S204Darren 23 February 2017 09:09 PM

Uni royals RS3's on the Hatch, drive in the wet like they do in the dry. Highly recommend from me.

ronjeramy 23 February 2017 11:52 PM

Hankook ventris v12 evo

ZANY 24 February 2017 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11921593)
I have the Dunlop sportmaxx gt on the daily, replaced with same as I like them for noise, wear, grip etc so stuck with them again.
The noise was an issue if I changed as with 35 profile the noise transmitted would be a problem on the lower profile

This is the reason I've stuck to the Pirelli tyres as they were good on both wet and dry I've got Dunlops on the scoob now and loving them as I can drive the car in all conditions confidently :)
As for road noise it's not the quietest diesel anyway with a full milltek turbo back exhaust and dpf removed, and it whistles like a Cnut :(

WRX Blues 24 February 2017 10:59 AM

Goodyear F1's on my Spec D and Leggy - good all year rounder.
:thumb: