ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   How do people live with stupidly loud exhausts? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1045487-how-do-people-live-with-stupidly-loud-exhausts.html)

Gear Head 17 February 2017 09:17 PM

How do people live with stupidly loud exhausts?

Now I might be getting old but the blitz system that came with my recent purchase is doing my head in.
It has a decat downpipe too and my ears are actually hurting after a 20 mile journey.
You can't drive quietly, not a chance.
Luckily I have sourced a standard cat, centre and prodrive backbox which my mate will fit hopefully this week as he runs his own garage with a lift.

I see scoobies on here with cannon type exhausts and just think 'how does not do your head in after 5 minutes?'

:wonder:

asht88 17 February 2017 09:19 PM

sell me the blitz back box, how much you after?

ive went from having afterburner vortex to hks silent hi power and now its to quiet

Gear Head 17 February 2017 09:32 PM

Will list it all on here when it's off the car mate.
Ideally all together.

sti-chris 17 February 2017 09:43 PM

mines is only for the weekend so part of the experience :)

gazney101 17 February 2017 10:13 PM

The novelty soon wore off for me, Ive settled on the revolution system now and it's perfect for me, but because I have no blow off valve or recirculation valve all I get is massive turbo chatter noise from the 30r and that's now doing my nut in aswell.

​​​

The Trooper 1815 17 February 2017 10:18 PM

Attention seekers innit blud. Bbbbrrrrraaaaa!

NGBZ 17 February 2017 11:15 PM

In the words of Kath and Kim "Look at me, look at me..."

sti-chris 17 February 2017 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by NGBZ (Post 11920375)
In the words of Kath and Kim "Look at me, look at me..."

Should have bought a ford then

maff125 18 February 2017 07:33 AM

i don't get it either, no 4 cylinder engine sounds that good, well compared to a straight 6 or v8 anyhow, that's why my 2.5" pro drive exhaust system ain't goin nowhere!

ZANY 18 February 2017 08:46 AM

I think your best bet would be milltek I had full system on mine defo one for the oldies

I personally prefer the blitz as it unleashes that burble even on a twinscroll

If you don't want to be noticed and don't want attention dont buy a scooby simples :D

"LOUD & PROUD" as they say :)

PT82 18 February 2017 09:00 AM

Lad round my way has an old Zafira GSI with two cannons sticking out the back. I can't believe anyone would strap their little ones in the back for the day and take them anywhere with the racket it makes!!

Loud exhausts aren't for me. Almost as embarrassing as a yellow car......

RAGGY DOO 18 February 2017 09:21 AM

Mine is ear drum deafening and I love it

The Trooper 1815 18 February 2017 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 11920410)
Mine is ear drum deafening and I love it

That explains a lot.

Uncle Creepy 18 February 2017 10:57 AM

:lol1:

neil97rs 18 February 2017 01:01 PM

[QUOTE=PT82;11920407]Lad round my way has an old Zafira GSI with two cannons sticking out the back. I can't believe anyone would strap their little ones in the back for the day and take them anywhere with the racket it makes!!

Loud exhausts aren't for me. Almost as embarrassing as a yellow car......[/QUOTe

i must be really bad. I've got a blitz and my car is yellow.

Lng05 18 February 2017 01:28 PM

mines really loud too,doesnt bother me much though

scotty boy 80 18 February 2017 05:08 PM

Prodrive backbox with full decat is plenty for me, went through about 5 different bbox, now it still sounds good and you can actually have a conversation on journeys

RussStiTypeuk 18 February 2017 09:42 PM

Nur Spec R is the must nuts... sounds awesome, my STi is only driven one to two days a week so after all week in the A6 TDi it's great to fire up the beast Spec R... everyone had individual taste that's what makes us different, buy an electric car if you want a quiet ride...

Rbon91 18 February 2017 09:52 PM

TOMEI Titanium on mine... Can't hear passengers in rear over 80 hahahaha

360ste 18 February 2017 09:55 PM

Got a 3.5 inch de-catted system and love the sound of it, am going to but some sound deadening in the boot for when plodding along but that should not affect full throttle fun. If it does I shall open the rear windows slightly. LOL

Worlasshasansti 19 February 2017 09:14 AM

I had a full 3" cobra Inc decat on my blob sti, my neighbour won't have been keen when I left for work at 6.30am BUT it did allow my lass to start my tea when I was still 5 mins away....

Mick

Gear Head 19 February 2017 09:16 AM

:D

JDM_Stig 19 February 2017 09:44 AM

When I had my classic it came with a Powerflow, one neighbour asked what was up with the exhaust, I didnt think it was that loud lol

ted bass 19 February 2017 09:48 AM

I went from afterburner vortex to blitz full decat, and yeah tad loud lol not neighbour friendly so car aint used if I'm on an early start coz I'm good like that haha and better still the mrs hates it so won't set foot in it:lol1:

crazyspeedfreakz 19 February 2017 10:20 AM

I've had a few blitz systems over the year the first time was a novitly and everyone saying it's the best sounding exhaust for a classic so I jumped straight in after a short period of time tho I soon got bored and tbh u are at risk of been pulled aswell so ended up fitting the bung 95% of the time which would reduce the sound but then lose performance... in the end I had 2 maps one for with and the other for without the bung !

I do like the look of the system though so with my new found experience this time round and having the spec c I decided on going for a Hks hi power silent, now these systems have a large exit like the blitz but tapers smaller on the inside, visually looks good and opens up on full boost lovely but for pottering about and not making ur ears bleed I love it :)

Blue by You 19 February 2017 12:40 PM

I had a Japspeed on mine for a couple of years but the drone got to me. I have had a resonated Milltek for about 5 years and it's great. Loud enough when pushing on but quiet enough that it won't upset the neighbours or track day noise testers. In fact when I changed to the Milltek one of my neighbours asked what the problem was with the car because it was so much quieter.

ccsimpreza 19 February 2017 05:28 PM

The Subaru Impreza is already a loud car to look at, giving it a free flowing exhaust (which you need for decent power gains) completes it in my opinion.

Alan Jeffery 20 February 2017 01:50 PM

Some really loud exhausts can be an issue when you're working on them!
For example, I make Martyn road test them instead of me doing it.. On the dyno we put up with it, but it does annoy the other staff.
Seriously, we supply Jetex exhausts. They make a really nice mandrel bent 3" system that we've seen over 700 bhp from so why use anything else?
Not even expensive..

gazney101 20 February 2017 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery (Post 11920911)
For example, I make Martyn road test them instead of me doing it.. On the dyno we put up with it, but it does annoy the other staff.
Seriously, we supply Jetex exhausts. They make a really nice mandrel bent 3" system that we've seen over 700 bhp from so why use anything else?
Not even expensive..

is the jetex the same as the revolution only a bit cheaper ?

The Trooper 1815 20 February 2017 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery (Post 11920911)
Not even expensive..

Ahhh the good old JETEX the favoured exhaust of the 80's Golf GTi owner. Well JETEX and REMUS :D