ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   Best ecu for version 2 sti (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/1044568-best-ecu-for-version-2-sti.html)

beenyman 10 January 2017 12:33 AM

Best ecu for version 2 sti

Hello everyone can't decide on weather to stick a eprom chip or get the apexi power fc?

96sti 10 January 2017 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by beenyman (Post 11909287)
Hello everyone can't decide on weather to stick a eprom chip or get the apexi power fc?

Alcatec
Or if money allows syvecs

bigsigh 10 January 2017 11:31 AM

ESL would be my choice

yabbadoo4 10 January 2017 12:03 PM

esl board for sure, the other options are very expensive unless your planning track time. apexi works fine but is old tech now.

96sti 10 January 2017 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by yabbadoo4 (Post 11909343)
esl board for sure, the other options are very expensive unless your planning track time. apexi works fine but is old tech now.

Alot of people run those 2 ecu's without Seing a track

scoobyricht 10 January 2017 07:46 PM

ESL spend a bit extra and get the cable n software to tweek urself. its brill

yabbadoo4 11 January 2017 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by 96sti (Post 11909427)
Alot of people run those 2 ecu's without Seing a track

yes i agree, but its overkill for a road car really. its fine if you want the best and want all the features and moneys no object but esl now has anti lag and launch control and a list of other features. its the same on a newage, you can have the expensive options or use ecutek or carberry rom which again gives you features like A/L and L/C. i would only use the expensive options on a high powered highly modified car which would need/exploit the options that syveccs etc offer.

my94wrx 11 January 2017 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by yabbadoo4 (Post 11909607)
yes i agree, but its overkill for a road car really. its fine if you want the best and want all the features and moneys no object but esl now has anti lag and launch control and a list of other features. its the same on a newage, you can have the expensive options or use ecutek or carberry rom which again gives you features like A/L and L/C. i would only use the expensive options on a high powered highly modified car which would need/exploit the options that syveccs etc offer.

so have ESL finally pulled there finger out and finished the motorsport features they have been promising for years?

Pross 11 January 2017 04:10 PM

so have ESL finally pulled there finger out and finished the motorsport features they have been promising for years?
Nope.

bustaMOVEs 11 January 2017 04:37 PM

If not running avcs then esl is your best option

ossett2k2 11 January 2017 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyricht (Post 11909448)
ESL spend a bit extra and get the cable n software to tweek urself. its brill

^^^This :thumb:

bmxpunk 18 February 2017 06:33 AM

This is a little disheartening. I'm a bit fed up with waiting on ESL to ever finish their Motorsport functions. I had planned to sell mine and order an Alcatek, however it looks like their communication is as bad or worse than ESL. So how is the Syvecs ecu and support? And who would be the best to talk to about shipping one across the pond to me?