ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   If you could ask Jesus one question? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1044519-if-you-could-ask-jesus-one-question.html)

jonc 09 January 2017 07:23 PM

Pointless asking, the Lord is all knowing and therefore already knows exactly what you are going to ask and will already have prepared a cryptic answer just to confound you.....the smug git!

JTaylor 09 January 2017 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 11909242)
Pointless asking, the Lord is all knowing and therefore already knows exactly what you are going to ask and will already have prepared a cryptic answer just to confound you.....the smug git!

Matthew 13:13

Paben 09 January 2017 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11909244)
Matthew 13:13

Great! He caused further confusion for the already confused by talking in riddles. If they didn't understand straight talk how were they supposed to unravel parables? Why would they even bother?

JTaylor 09 January 2017 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11909245)
Great! He caused further confusion for the already confused by talking in riddles. If they didn't understand straight talk how were they supposed to unravel parables? Why would they even bother?

Precisely.

madscoob 09 January 2017 11:16 PM

my question to him would be if your father is so wonderfull cancer in children,what sort of god does that"

legb4rsk 10 January 2017 12:40 PM

I would ask him to stop people on this site posting anything about religion.
Yet another boring diatribe from the self satisfied, smug, entrenched position,small-minded fundamentalists who revel in being holier-than-though.
Whatever you think about JC,I bet he had a more sophisticated sense of humour than any of them.

EddScott 10 January 2017 12:47 PM

I'd ask him, if he'd had the chance, whether he would have voted to leave the EU?

The Pink Ninja 10 January 2017 01:29 PM

Is this Jesus the only white guy in the Middle East or do you mean they guy from Brazil that was in fast and furious :D

markjmd 10 January 2017 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by legb4rsk (Post 11909358)
I would ask him to stop people on this site posting anything about religion.
Yet another boring diatribe from the self satisfied, smug, entrenched position,small-minded fundamentalists who revel in being holier-than-though.
Whatever you think about JC,I bet he had a more sophisticated sense of humour than any of them.

Take a close look at the opening post in this thread, and ask yourself the question. Do you honestly think that was posted by a fervent religious believer?

joz8968 10 January 2017 01:36 PM

# Oh Jesus he knows me... #

wayne9t9 10 January 2017 04:05 PM

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Buddy-Christ.jpg

legb4rsk 10 January 2017 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by markjmd (Post 11909377)
Take a close look at the opening post in this thread, and ask yourself the question. Do you honestly think that was posted by a fervent religious believer?

It's not directed at him.You must know who it is?

markjmd 10 January 2017 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by legb4rsk (Post 11909400)
It's not directed at him.You must know who it is?

It isn't hard to guess, but I'll make the point again. Since it wasn't that person who started the thread, why do you appear to be holding them responsible for it?

ditchmyster 10 January 2017 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja (Post 11909376)
Is this Jesus the only white guy in the Middle East or do you mean they guy from Brazil that was in fast and furious :D

Shussssssssssssh, don't go telling people Jesus was a black man, it's the best kept secret in history. ;)

JTaylor 11 January 2017 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11909485)
Shussssssssssssh, don't go telling people Jesus was a black man, it's the best kept secret in history. ;)

He was a Palestinian Jew.

JGlanzaV 11 January 2017 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11909513)
He was a Palestinian Jew.

Conjecture at best.

Probably fabrication.

ditchmyster 11 January 2017 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11909517)
Conjecture at best.

Probably fabrication.

No it's true, they found his robe and sandles in India. :thumb:

pimmo2000 11 January 2017 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 11909129)
And would you still have told Billy Holiday the same joke back in the day when they were crucifying niggers and leaving them hanging as strange fruit? Or have the same giggle when IS crucify kids in Syria? The Jesus "joke" insults about half the world's population so what about a bit of respect to your fellow creatures.

David

Yet you just used one of the most offence words to try and make your point .. you didn't even try to quote it ..

:nono:

Kinda sums up the mental state of believers this doesn't it.. take a joke and become offended for the sake of it.

JTaylor are you offended? :Suspiciou

JGlanzaV 11 January 2017 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11909522)
No it's true, they found his robe and sandles in India. :thumb:

http://www.israel-catalog.com/apparel/sandals/jesus-sandals-handmade-leather-biblical-sandals

JTaylor 11 January 2017 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 11909526)
Yet you just used one of the most offence words to try and make your point .. you didn't even try to quote it ..

:nono:

Kinda sums up the mental state of believers this doesn't it.. take a joke and become offended for the sake of it.

JTaylor are you offended? :Suspiciou

No. I don't think your post was particularly funny, but perhaps I just don't get the joke.

Luke 23:34 reminds me of how Jesus reacted to His torturers and killers and mockers. I'm to emulate Him.

Matty81 11 January 2017 08:21 AM

Jesus didn't exist!.

Paben 11 January 2017 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Matty81 (Post 11909537)
Jesus didn't exist!.

You can't prove Jesus didn't exist but then it can't be proved that he did exist either.

Matty81 11 January 2017 08:42 AM

after all that's been written about the Christian wars all those yrs ago. If Jesus did actually exist, surely their would of been something written down to prove it.

neil-h 11 January 2017 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11909541)
You can't prove Jesus didn't exist but then it can't be proved that he did exist either.

Is it not generally accepted that he probably did exist and that the stories in the bible are just embellished versions of reality?

hodgy0_2 11 January 2017 09:00 AM

I don’t want to get to pedantic (he says before being pedantic)

But the concept of “proof” in these types of discussions is often misunderstood

So you can’t “prove” he did or didn’t exist in the same way you can’t prove evolution does or doesn’t exist or even the earth is older than 5000 years old

What you can say is “based a consilience of multiple lines of evidence “so and so” is more than likely true"

And on that definition I think the evidence suggest an historical person called Jesus did exist and so did at least some events as portrayed in the bible – The King Herod census etc

and if you take an opposing view - you have to demonstrate why the evidence is flawed and also (in the realms of science) put forward an opposing position that explains ALL the evidence

Matty81 11 January 2017 09:06 AM

I can see your point in that sense. If he did exist he was probably just a prophet or someone that people looked up to. But I can't believe that he had healing powers or the power to heal by just touching someone.

Paben 11 January 2017 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11909550)

So you can’t “prove” he did or didn’t exist in the same way you can’t prove evolution does or doesn’t exist or even the earth is older than 5000 years old

What you can say is “based a consilience of multiple lines of evidence “so and so” is more than likely true"

And on that definition I think the evidence suggest an historical person called Jesus did exist and so did at least some events as portrayed in the bible – The King Herod census etc

and if you take an opposing view - you have to demonstrate why the evidence is flawed and also (in the realms of science) put forward an opposing position that explains ALL the evidence

You're confusing science with oral traditions and texts that have been many times rewritten and re-interpreted. A good question might be: If they existed why didn't Jesus, or for that matter Buddha and Mohammed, write down a single word themselves? Perhaps they couldn't read or write, instead relying on the debatable memories of acolytes, with their personal biases and interpretations. Not good preparation if God had a hand in their words.

hodgy0_2 11 January 2017 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11909556)
You're confusing science with oral traditions and texts that have been many times rewritten and re-interpreted. A good question might be: If they existed why didn't Jesus, or for that matter Buddha and Mohammed, write down a single word themselves? Perhaps they couldn't read or write, instead relying on the debatable memories of acolytes, with their personal biases and interpretations. Not good preparation if God had a hand in their words.

sorry, your confused

my reply was about the concept of proof - using science was just an example

there seems to be documentary evidence for an historical figure called jesus

proof - NO

evidence - YES

jonc 11 January 2017 10:50 AM

The concept of religious "proof".....
http://www.azquotes.com/public/pictu...oss-623582.jpg

neil-h 11 January 2017 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11909550)

****ing hell, it's taken many years but I've finally found someone that actually understands why the vast majority who claim god does/doesn't exist are idiots.

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 11909577)
The concept of religious "proof".....

As much as that image is good for a chuckle, he's wrong.