ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Which tablet to get, Apple or Samsung ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/1044475-which-tablet-to-get-apple-or-samsung.html)

The Joshua Tree 07 January 2017 10:58 AM

Which tablet to get, Apple or Samsung ?

I don't want this to turn into an Android v Apple debate with the various fanboys playing bitching tennis.

I'm after getting a tablet, i've no experience with these, what currently out there is the best option, a Samsung or an Apple ?

dpb 07 January 2017 11:08 AM

8" is the handiest I suspect . And id go for android and sideload windows .

I have windows 10" tablet and 7" blackberry playbook

of course you maybe closet apple fanboi

JackClark 07 January 2017 11:40 AM

If you want a tablet get an iPad, if you want a hobby get an Android.

Pay cash upfront with Apple or pay with your time fecking about with rom this, side load that on Android.

I keep an Android device because it's somewhat fun keeping it running, Apple devices are boringly stable.

Actually bit of a lie, looking for an Android device right now fecked the last one.

ZANY 07 January 2017 12:22 PM

I have an iPad mrs has the Samsung she can download films etc and watch them while staying at hospital with the kids which is a defo plus where as my iPad is good enough for YouTube eBay and of course scooby net which I'm happy with
The iPad is much less prone to bugs where as Samsung needs one of them virus protection thingies both good on there own ways up to you which one suits you better end of the day
Just my 20p's worth:thumb:

stevebt 07 January 2017 12:48 PM

I may move between Apple and android phones but when it comes to tablets Apple is king. I wouldn't bother with an android tablet.

Puff The Magic Wagon! 07 January 2017 03:15 PM

Although its really annoying to admit & I resisted for years, an iPad. I have a Windows tablet (full win 10) and it never gets used but my iPad mini does all the time. Its just simple and works.

alcazar 07 January 2017 03:27 PM

Kindle Fire HD. Good price, good spec.

scoobypaul_temp 07 January 2017 03:43 PM

I don't like iPhones, much prefer Android for my phone - but - having had an android tablet previously I now have an iPad which is so much better all round

ditchmyster 07 January 2017 04:45 PM

I was surprised when I recently went into one of those 2nd / cash it in shops to see what my sons WI was worth to trade it in, they had older Ipads and other tablets, Ipad in particular from £60 upwards dependant on model, so if you only want one for basic stuff like surfing places like this fb, net etc, worth a look instead of shelling out £300 on a new one.

WI was worth about 2p. :lol1:

Matty81 07 January 2017 07:13 PM

Definitely Apple. Had 2, both Brilliant. Great for films/sky go etc.

Neeko1988 07 January 2017 08:40 PM

I agree with the majority, Ive had my iPad years and it's still as good as day I got it.

simple, easy to use and just works

lozgti1 07 January 2017 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11908511)
Kindle Fire HD. Good price, good spec.

Good call

jonnyboy82 07 January 2017 11:03 PM

Ipad pro all day long if the budget allows! Ive just put the latest kodi on mine loaded with all the latest tv/movies/footy you can handle!

dpb 08 January 2017 02:30 AM

You could have had an amazing spec laptop for that cash , with a ready made screen prop

ditchmyster 08 January 2017 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11908639)
You could have had an amazing spec laptop for that cash , with a ready made screen prop

He's a Londoner mate, he's f@cking minted. :D :lol1:

jonnyboy82 08 January 2017 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
He's a Londoner mate, he's f@cking minted. :D :lol1:

I wish! 😂

JackClark 08 January 2017 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11908639)

You could have an amazing spec Macbook Pro as well as the iPad, horses for courses.

Matty81 08 January 2017 11:01 AM

Easy! iMac over a laptop/pc. I've Had my iMac for 3yrs, no issues whatsoever. Got bored of continuously having to use the virus checker because my laptops/pc's kept picking up viruses. Would never buy a pc again. Went through more pc's over 3yrs than what I'll ever have with my iMac.

JackClark 08 January 2017 11:09 AM

It's all marketing, you just think you have no issues because you're brainwashed. Steve's dead get over it :thumb:

dpb 08 January 2017 11:10 AM

Never bothered with anti virus since windows 10, But then I don't source dodgy material

I just question the point shelling out that much on a tablet which isn't very handy ( what tablets are for) over a better specced ultrabook

Matty81 08 January 2017 11:12 AM

I never bought dodgy anti virus software. No matter what software you have, pc's are prone to viruses.

dpb 08 January 2017 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11908693)
It's all marketing, you just think you have no issues because you're brainwashed. Steve's dead get over it :thumb:

couldn't said it better mysel

dpb 08 January 2017 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Matty81 (Post 11908696)
I never bought dodgy anti virus software. No matter what software you have, pc's are prone to viruses.

if you never leave your house you will never pick up a cold

Matty81 08 January 2017 11:16 AM

I'm not brainwashed, I just prefer mac's. My wife has it on everyday because she's a teacher and uses it to prepare lessons. Like I said! No issues whatsoever.

JackClark 08 January 2017 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Matty81 (Post 11908700)
I'm not brainwashed, I just prefer mac's. My wife has it on everyday because she's a teacher and uses it to prepare lessons. Like I said! No issues whatsoever.

I was just getting in before the true haters arrived. I worked for 12 years in Antivirus software, as soon as OSX came out I stopped using Windows machines at home and advise all friends and relatives to do the same, I'm no longer tech support, when I visit I'm not immediately sat in front of the computer to fix it and that's worth a few quid extra.

The Joshua Tree 08 January 2017 11:30 AM

I think it's looking like an Apple ipad of some kind, possibly a Pro.

Matty81 08 January 2017 11:33 AM

Do it @thejoshuatree. I agree with people when they say that the iPhones are lagging behind! But I only use mine for texting/phone calls/itunes and internet. Sim only @ £25 a month! Job done :thumb:

neil-h 08 January 2017 03:50 PM

I really hope TP finds this thread, simply because I'd love to see his reaction. Looks to be a pretty unanimous decision that the iPad is the way to go :lol1:

Matty81 08 January 2017 03:57 PM

lol he's probably already seen it!. but darent not saying anything :lol1:

JackClark 08 January 2017 05:02 PM

Going Pro too, no messing. I want a drone so bad right now I couldn't do it but they are very nice to use.