ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Will the recent police shooting in Bradford result in another riot? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1044424-will-the-recent-police-shooting-in-bradford-result-in-another-riot.html)

skoobidude 04 January 2017 06:26 PM

Will the recent police shooting in Bradford result in another riot?

Ingredients seem to be there for another riot. Guy with a gun in his car, formally arrested for criminal activity etc. The usual chav photos stood in front of nice cars showing off wealth.

Obviously we don't know why the police shot this guy at the moment, but I feel the longer the unanswered questions, the more likely friends and associates (lots wearing balaclavas on the news just now - why the need to hide their faces?) will start smashing the town up..

This will indeed divide opinion but the shooting of popular gangstas usually results in trouble.

Nick

Peedee 04 January 2017 06:44 PM

Let's be honest about this. To an absolute tiny minority of people, it's 'police brutality'. To just about everyone else in the country, it's justice.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

dpb 04 January 2017 06:59 PM

Doesn't this happen everyday in Manc ?

most peoples point reference will be that cop killer thug

bustaMOVEs 04 January 2017 07:28 PM

Here we go.....

hodgy0_2 04 January 2017 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by skoobidude (Post 11907701)
Obviously we don't know why the police shot this guy at the moment,

they "stopped" the car because they had intel he was carrying a firearm

so at a basic level he was shot because the police believed he had a firearm and was going to use it

I think they have found a fireman nr the scene

steve05wrx 04 January 2017 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11907715)
they "stopped" the car because they had intel he was carrying a firearm.

Poor fireman - wonder what he was doing there?:lol1:

hodgy0_2 04 January 2017 09:11 PM

lol

The Trooper 1815 04 January 2017 09:35 PM

Looks like there is a wider area investigation. Not getting caught does not mean you are innocent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-38509806

Naz Shah, hardly a paragon of community spirit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-36802075

markjmd 04 January 2017 09:37 PM

A riot in mid-winter, with daytime temperatures barely above freezing and the sun going down before tea-time? I'd say the odds are slim to very unlikely. Those balaclava-wearing wannabe gangsters really aren't as hard as they make out.

Turbohot 04 January 2017 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11907715)
they "stopped" the car because they had intel he was carrying a firearm

so at a basic level he was shot because the police believed he had a firearm and was going to use it

Originally Posted by steve05wrx (Post 11907737)
Poor fireman - wonder what he was doing there?:lol1:

I read hodgy's post before, and was trying to work out the relevance of a fireman near the scene. :wonder: I've been a bit slow, so just worked it out! :lol1:

njkmrs 04 January 2017 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Peedee (Post 11907705)
Let's be honest about this. To an absolute tiny minority of people, it's 'police brutality'. To just about everyone else in the country, it's justice.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Agreed....!:thumb:

The Trooper 1815 04 January 2017 10:21 PM

I smell a Siberian Hamster.

bustaMOVEs 04 January 2017 10:32 PM

The shooting was in Huddersfield btw.

Dblock 05 January 2017 03:36 AM

Tin foil hat on.

It's just a race bait. They get us all fighting each other and then we ignore what the government does as the focus isn't on them. Just how the got the snooper charter through when Trump got elected.

ditchmyster 05 January 2017 04:11 AM

Goes with the territory, if you're going to go about waving guns at people and acting like you're a bad a$$ gangsta from da hood sooner or later you're going to attract the attention of the boys in blue, and we all know their gang is bigger and better armed than some dodgy car dealing wanabe Al Pachino :lol1:

By way of sending a message to any other wanabe bad a$$e$ they shoot first and ask questions later, which to be fair in this day and age of brown boys chopping peoples heads off, blowing things up and driving lorries into crowded places is to be expected really.

Zero tolerance I believe is what they call it ;) or basically fcuk with us and we're gona pop a cap in yo a$$! :lol1:

As for the riots, as above, too cold for all that bollocks. :lol1:

Dblock 05 January 2017 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11907791)
Goes with the territory, if you're going to go about waving guns at people and acting like you're a bad a$$ gangsta from da hood sooner or later you're going to attract the attention of the boys in blue, and we all know their gang is bigger and better armed than some dodgy car dealing wanabe Al Pachino :lol1:

By way of sending a message to any other wanabe bad a$$e$ they shoot first and ask questions later, which to be fair in this day and age of brown boys chopping peoples heads off, blowing things up and driving lorries into crowded places is to be expected really.

Zero tolerance I believe is what they call it ;) or basically fcuk with us and we're gona pop a cap in yo a$$! :lol1:

As for the riots, as above, too cold for all that bollocks. :lol1:

Hmm. I agree if you have a gun your up to no good generally, although I think guns should be legal but that's for another day.

So say your a brown guy and you wasn't doing anything wrong you deserved to be shot because other brown people have done bad things? :eek:

Puff The Magic Wagon! 05 January 2017 09:19 AM

"Stop The Killings" - made me laugh, its not exactly USA is it? 5 since 2009? As opposed to 5+ this year already in America?

Did I see a Don't Shoot banner as well? PMSL

banny sti 05 January 2017 09:23 AM

Its awesome seeing the closet bigots come out on your friends list on FB and various pages, when incidents like this happen. Ditchy so us brown people are all deserve to be shot due to the actions of a select few nice :)

EddScott 05 January 2017 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11907751)

Minorities gonna minority.

Justice for Yasser? Yes, I'd say he got justice. Just not the good kind.

ditchmyster 05 January 2017 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 11907812)
Its awesome seeing the closet bigots come out on your friends list on FB and various pages, when incidents like this happen. Ditchy so us brown people are all deserve to be shot due to the actions of a select few nice :)

As you know I'm brown as well, so imo it's not the smartest thing to go about the place acting like a bad a$$ gangster / possible terrorist with guns, we get enough $hit as it is without pinning a target on ones back and giving them an excuse to fill us full of lead.

I travel a reasonable amount average around 10 flights a year so I tend to bare this in mind tbh and don't do anything that may attract attention beyond the norm, I usually get stopped enough as it is and they always scan MY passport and pick at the edges as well as have a good old thumb through it, suppose it doesn't help that I've been to places like Kashmere, India, Turkey and Tunisia all of which I think is recorded as they seem to spend extra time looking at their screens after scanning my passport.

So yeah I do think us brown people need to be a little bit more careful.

Sad but true.

The Trooper 1815 05 January 2017 01:28 PM

It was interesting that his hard core mates all hid behind balaclavas when they attacked the lone copper in his car.

Real f@cking hardmen :cuckoo:

David Lock 05 January 2017 01:28 PM

I am sure he was a very nice chap, perhaps with some minor issues like dealing in hard drugs and killing people - where's the harm in that?

:Whatever_ dl

ditchmyster 05 January 2017 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dblock (Post 11907792)
Hmm. I agree if you have a gun your up to no good generally, although I think guns should be legal but that's for another day.

So say your a brown guy and you wasn't doing anything wrong you deserved to be shot because other brown people have done bad things? :eek:

As above in my reply to banny, it's not the smartest thing to do in the current climate where anyone of colour is yet again in the eyes of those supposedly protecting our freedom a possible target.

I always try and look at things from both sides of the situation and the sad truth is, that's just the way it is, if people of colour don't want to or can't recognise the possibility then their stubborness or stupidity is possibly going to find them on the receiving end of this sort of thing.

Not saying it's right or wrong, it just is what it is.

Kwik 05 January 2017 02:17 PM

This isn't to do with race at all. An idiot carrying a gun, obviously a coward who has to carry a weapon, was caught and shot.
Anyone remotely defending him and not commending the police for being brave and confronting an armed plastic gangster should be ashamed of themselves.

Anyone who see's this as anything other than a triumph might want to take a long hard look at themselves as they're probably the ones with the issues when it comes to racism.

ditchmyster 05 January 2017 02:30 PM

And if you think that didn't play a small part in the situation then more fool you.

Simple fact is it's the times we live in, my comment was about colour not race. :thumb:

FYI last time I checked there was only one race, we're all Humans. ;)

Turbohot 05 January 2017 02:31 PM

Honestly, brown or pale white, pink or black, who cares! If you do something wrong, you should be nailed for it, full stop.
It is still unclear why the Police had to open fire at him, though. Does the illegal possession of a fire arm mean getting definitely shot by police, or should police try their utmost to catch you before they pull the trigger? Or, was he wavering the fire arm at the police and acting all Don from his Audi hence shot? :confused: I think we need to wait for some concrete evidence-based statement from the police, then only we will know what happened.

Daily Mail types are painting him as a Don, whereas his dad and distraught mum on Sky news are vouching for his goodness.

JTaylor 05 January 2017 02:43 PM

The Bell Curve.

ditchmyster 05 January 2017 02:47 PM

The point I was making and I'm sure those with a more well rounded perspective will agree, is that in the current climate it is not really sensible for anyone to be waving guns about the place, EVEN MORE SO if your appearance puts you into a category that the Police are already on guard and actively looking for, how do they know what the guy is capable of after he's already been the subject of criminal proceedings regarding the discharge of a firearm in public.

At the end of the day scum is scum and it would appear the streets are a somewhat safer place after the removal of this man from society.

And I'll say it again for the hard of reading, if anyone thinks that wasn't discussed as a possibility then please send me a PM telling me where you live because I'd like to move there and live alongside you in the bliss of a beautiful world where none of this sort of stuff happens.

The Trooper 1815 05 January 2017 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11907860)
As you know I'm brown as well, so imo it's not the smartest thing to go about the place acting like a bad a$$ gangster / possible terrorist with guns, we get enough $hit as it is without pinning a target on ones back and giving them an excuse to fill us full of lead.

I travel a reasonable amount average around 10 flights a year so I tend to bare this in mind tbh and don't do anything that may attract attention beyond the norm, I usually get stopped enough as it is and they always scan MY passport and pick at the edges as well as have a good old thumb through it, suppose it doesn't help that I've been to places like Kashmere, India, Turkey and Tunisia all of which I think is recorded as they seem to spend extra time looking at their screens after scanning my passport.

So yeah I do think us brown people need to be a little bit more careful.

Sad but true.

It's like having an Irish accent any time between 1968 and 1998 on the UK mainland, when the killing stops (sic) then you are accepted.

The tiny minority completely f$ck it up for the majority.

banny sti 05 January 2017 02:54 PM

Shame the police didnt do the same in this situation...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-jo-cox-murder