ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Who Do You Think Will Die In 2017? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1044382-who-do-you-think-will-die-in-2017-a.html)

BoozyDave 01 January 2017 11:39 PM

Who Do You Think Will Die In 2017?

Since all of the celebrity deaths in 2016, I thought I'd start a list of celebs that might die in 2017

Hopefully they won't, but my choices are -

The Queen
Bruce Forsyth

What are your guesses?

Peedee 01 January 2017 11:52 PM

Bruce Forsyth
Des O Connor
Paul Gascogne
Eric Pickles
Rolf Harris

BoozyDave 02 January 2017 12:00 AM

Rolf should have gone by now :mad: Dirty kiddy fiddler :mad:

wrx300scooby 02 January 2017 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by BoozyDave (Post 11907079)
Rolf should have gone by now :mad: Dirty kiddy fiddler :mad:

You're not wrong Boozy D :thumb:

JGlanzaV 02 January 2017 02:32 AM

Repost lol

Beastie 02 January 2017 07:12 AM

All of us ............... :D

Matty81 02 January 2017 08:13 AM

:lol1::lol1::lol1: real messed up post this :lol1:

SJ_Skyline 02 January 2017 08:24 AM

Kanye West and that filthy commie cvnt Corbyn.

Jimmyrallye 02 January 2017 10:49 AM

Lol ... paul Gascogne that's a good shout

RAGGY DOO 02 January 2017 11:11 AM

The queen

stevebt 02 January 2017 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 11907137)
The queen

Damn beat me to it :)

How about Kirk Douglas (soon) and prince Philip.

David Lock 02 January 2017 02:46 PM

Unpleasant thread :mad:

tarmac terror 02 January 2017 04:26 PM

Could be me - my wife has gone out an left me to cook for myself - never ends well!

JGlanzaV 02 January 2017 04:47 PM

David attenborough

RAGGY DOO 02 January 2017 04:51 PM

Rhonda rousey

ZANY 02 January 2017 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by tarmac terror (Post 11907192)
Could be me - my wife has gone out an left me to cook for myself - never ends well!

:lol1: order takeaway init :norty:

BoozyDave 02 January 2017 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 11907153)
prince Philip.

I thought him earlier too :lol1:

Gazza, but I hope he can get some serious help before it happens. The media are all over him, but no one is willing to help him :mad:

BoozyDave 02 January 2017 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 11907201)
Rhonda rousey

Drowsey Rhonda Lousey :thumb:

She should have had a top 10 opponent as a warm up fight, her boxing is rubbish and Nunes hits harder than most blokes :lol1:

Peedee 03 January 2017 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by BoozyDave (Post 11907268)
I thought him earlier too :lol1:

Gazza, but I hope he can get some serious help before it happens. The media are all over him, but no one is willing to help him :mad:

He's got George Best written all over him. You need to help yourself before others will. Besides, he's been to therapy and all that and just returns to the bottle. You can't help some people. I just hope another perfectly good liver isn't wasted (again) and goes to someone who will actually appreciate it.

Peedee 03 January 2017 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 11907170)

Everyone dies at some point, that's life!

Matty81 03 January 2017 09:29 AM

Garza has had loads of help. His mates paid for him to go into rehab a couple of times but he threw it back in their faces and hit the bottle again.

BoozyDave 03 January 2017 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 11907170)

Everyone dies at some point, a lot manage to get to a good age before it happens, unfortunatley a lot are taken too soon :(

When I was 8 I was devastated, my best mate died of cancer :cry:
When I was 14 my uncle died of pancreatic cancer aged only 41, luckily he gave me some wise words and advise for my career, and I thank him for that, without those words, I wouldn't be where I am today :notworthy

When my grandparents passed away I was very sad, but they had good lives and were in their 80's

RAGGY DOO 03 January 2017 05:43 PM

My grandfather won't see the end off the week sad times

ZANY 03 January 2017 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 11907417)

Sorry to hear pal it's never easy especially knowing when a loved one is going..

ZANY 03 January 2017 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by BoozyDave (Post 11907413)
Everyone dies at some point, a lot manage to get to a good age before it happens, unfortunatley a lot are taken too soon :(

When I was 8 I was devastated, my best mate died of cancer :cry:
When I was 14 my uncle died of pancreatic cancer aged only 41, luckily he gave me some wise words and advise for my career, and I thank him for that, without those words, I wouldn't be where I am today :notworthy

When my grandparents passed away I was very sad, but they had good lives and were in their 80's

Must have made you much stronger mentally having to deal with such tragedys so early in life dave good on you for carrying on pal takes a lot :thumb:

STI -V4 03 January 2017 05:59 PM

the Mitchell sisters........ oh wait :)

RAGGY DOO 03 January 2017 06:01 PM

Not close to either of my folks my granda is my hero spend few afternoons with him in hospital with him over last few weeks some amazing stories he told

He used work all day in docks in the boats then fill up a coal bag full and sling it over his shoulder and hump it up hill 7 miles on way home

I said why didn't u get the bus
He said he didn't want waste money with 10 kids at home never drank or smoked

Turbohot 03 January 2017 06:42 PM

I'm a bit worried about the Queen this year.

Mind you, she has had a good, long life, she has stayed quite independent, strong and with all her facilities in working order in her 90's, so it won't be so tragic, if she goes. As long as she goes peacefully with least pain, the inevitable law of life would be less traumatic for her any everyone in her case. Unlike Diana.

scoobiepaul 03 January 2017 08:50 PM

Can we also do a "hope will die this year" or is that a bit nasty?

BoozyDave 03 January 2017 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 11907417)

Sorry to hear this :cry:

One thing I would strongly advise you to do is set a voice recorder going and let him tell you one of his stories, then, in years to come you can close your eyes and he will be with you :thumb:

My dad had some great stories and I loved listening to them. When my youngest was just born, my dad was having side effects of long term medication for high blood pressure and under active thyroid. He kept burping, lots and often. His doctor said they could alter his meds and monitor him on a ward. He was 180/130 when he went in, a "doctor" [I use that term lightly] stopped his meds and started him on different ones. When my dad told me, straight away I thought you shouldn't just stop the old ones, he should be weaned off them. 3 days went by and his blood pressure was dropping. The last time I spoke to him he was feeling fine, but light headed at times.
The next morning I had 'the call' :cry:. He had gone to use the toilet in the morning, closed the door and nurses heard a thud, they opened the door and he was unconsious, he couldn't be revived and passed away soon after :cry:.
I asked what the last reading for his blood pressure was, the last time it was checked was the previous night and it was 95 over something :eek: When he collapsed due to low BP he hit his head on the toilet on the way down,

WTF were the doctors and nurses actually 'monitoring'?
Surely BP going from 180 down to 120 would be cause for concern, but going down to 95 and it not getting noticed :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

My point is record memories while you can, it will be memories you can share in the future with your kids or just listen to on your own when you miss him