ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Every second. (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/1044107-every-second.html)

JackClark 12 December 2016 08:40 AM

Every second.

Every time you feel like posting about how bad Apple are doing, can I suggest you spend a few seconds on this site.

http://www.everysecond.io/apple

Spoon 12 December 2016 09:58 AM

Impressive figures indeed but it doesn't detract from the fact they are struggling to keep the ball up in my experience. That said, I remain with them and just rinse them a little when necessary. The sheer fact they bend now is recognition of their vulnerability.

dpb 12 December 2016 10:55 AM

Jacks happy just to take his dividend !

JackClark 12 December 2016 11:14 AM

I don't have shares right now.

It's easy to believe Apple have dropped the ball, they're very targeted in their approach. Others take a scattergun approach, throwing everything at a device and seeing what sticks. That can lead you to believe that others have something you don't, but history shows us that where Apple go others follow. You're ahead of the game and you don't know it :)

Wurzel 12 December 2016 03:31 PM

I notice it doesn't happen to have a section for TAX PAID! or did I miss that bit.

JackClark 12 December 2016 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel (Post 11902955)
I notice it doesn't happen to have a section for TAX PAID! or did I miss that bit.

Lets look locally. I would say a good proportion of UK based staff pay 40% income tax, that's a lot of tax, VAT is a good chunk of change too, business rates will be high too, lots of stores and offices. I'm not sure what the "TAX PAID!" number would be globally but you're right it should be there as it's massive and benefits us all Apple hater or owner.

Spoon 12 December 2016 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11902877)
I don't have shares right now.

It's easy to believe Apple have dropped the ball, they're very targeted in their approach. Others take a scattergun approach, throwing everything at a device and seeing what sticks. That can lead you to believe that others have something you don't, but history shows us that where Apple go others follow. You're ahead of the game and you don't know it :)

Of course it is easy if more products struggle than they once did. As for ahead of the game, well, yes they are still and I know it but it is only just and to maintain that their focus needs to be stepped up a gear.

toffee_pie 12 December 2016 06:48 PM

too bad they make $hit products.

But if they tell fanboys they are 'holding it wrong', well then they are doing exactly that.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...07%20reception

JackClark 12 December 2016 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by toffee_pie (Post 11902993)
too bad they make $hit products.

But if they tell fanboys they are 'holding it wrong', well then they are doing exactly that.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...07%20reception

Four.

Gear Head 13 December 2016 04:33 PM

Well I am going to have to pop my Apple cherry. I am getting an iPhone when I start my new job in January. :cry:

JackClark 13 December 2016 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 11903136)
Well I am going to have to pop my Apple cherry. I am getting an iPhone when I start my new job in January. :cry:

New job! Congratulations. You should treat yourself to a Mac, go knuckles deep :)

dpb 13 December 2016 05:22 PM

Not so long ago he could of had a v nice blackberry

complete with efficient email !

god help him if he uses Vodafone

bioforger 13 December 2016 07:21 PM

Just a site with random counters...

JackClark 13 December 2016 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11903194)
Just a site with random counters...

Those are finely tuned piss boilers.

JackClark 13 December 2016 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11903154)
Not so long ago he could of had a v nice blackberry

complete with expensive email !

god help him if he uses Vodafone

FIFY

toffee_pie 13 December 2016 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11903148)
New job! Congratulations. You should treat yourself to a Mac, go knuckles deep :)

Balls deep for you and your Mac paraphernalia crap.

neil-h 14 December 2016 08:26 AM

I think that's five...

JackClark 14 December 2016 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11903305)
I think that's five...

It was a one day event, late entries don't count.

neil-h 15 December 2016 11:00 AM

Probably for the best, not sure there's enough time in the day to keep a tally of every time he jumps on a post that mentions Apple. :lol1:

toffee_pie 16 December 2016 09:19 PM

Thats is just simple Java script with no meangiful source for its figures, looks like Jack is spacing out everyone on this forum with his shiite.

meanwhile in the real world.......

Source: Gartner (August 2016)

In the second quarter of 2016, Samsung had nearly 10 percent more market share than Apple. Samsung saw sales of its Galaxy A and Galaxy J series smartphones compete strongly with Chinese manufacturers. Its new smartphone portfolio also helped Samsung win back share it recently lost in emerging markets.

Apple continued its downward trend with a decline of 7.7 percent in the second quarter of 2016. Apple sales declined in North America (its biggest market) as well as in Western Europe. However, it witnessed its worst sales decline in Greater China and mature Asia/Pacific regions, where sales declined 26 percent. Apple had its best performance in Eurasia, Sub-Saharan Africa and Eastern Europe regions in the second quarter of 2016, where iPhone sales grew more than 95 percent year on year.

neil-h 16 December 2016 09:43 PM

I could explain why your statistics aren't particularly impressive but I have a feeling I'd be waisting my time (and I'm sure I've done it before).