ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Worst films ever..warning to others.. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1043947-worst-films-ever-warning-to-others.html)

lozgti1 06 December 2016 10:25 PM

Worst films ever..warning to others..

We have had a good films to watch thread.But just a warning to anyone about watching utter drivel.

I was forced ( true ) to watch 50 shades.Utter rubbish,but my God, Bad Santa 2 I have just seen takes the biscuit.What a waste of 1.5 hours of my life:mad:

Paben 07 December 2016 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 11901248)
We have had a good films to watch thread.But just a warning to anyone about watching utter drivel.

I was forced ( true ) to watch 50 shades.Utter rubbish,but my God, Bad Santa 2 I have just seen takes the biscuit.What a waste of 1.5 hours of my life:mad:

Did a big girl pin you down and make you watch it? :lol1:

Matty81 07 December 2016 08:32 AM

I loved the first bad Santa. It was excellent

hodgy0_2 07 December 2016 09:10 AM

Bad Santa 2 has had awful reviews

most of the films I see I think have been a waste of my time

the last one a saw was Finding Dory, which was rubbish imo - lazy filmmaking, not a patch one Finding Nemo

silver-sub 07 December 2016 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 11901248)

Lol, it can't be worse than 50 shades of shi*

EddScott 07 December 2016 10:44 AM

Skyline, Space Truckers, Solaris (Clooney version) Bullet to the Head - up there with the very worst.

Sausage Party - the novelty of cartoon characters swearing wears off within minutes.

Jupiter Ascending - tried twice to get to the end.

alcazar 07 December 2016 11:50 AM

The deer Hunter... sat through it as I'd heard rave reviews, and it was dull to an extreme. I'll never get that wasted two hours back:mad:

Bazil_SW 07 December 2016 12:29 PM

Eyes wide shut?

Matty81 07 December 2016 12:46 PM

Oh hell yeah. My mate thought it was a great film and really clever but I said to him it was utter ****e

On-the-bog 07 December 2016 12:49 PM

batman vs superman, what a crock of pish that was.

Pyschotic batman tries to take out superman, really?

Bazil_SW 07 December 2016 01:08 PM

Batman vs superman... :lol:

Yeah I didn't get that either, as if!

EddScott 07 December 2016 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by On-the-bog (Post 11901422)
batman vs superman, what a crock of pish that was.

Pyschotic batman tries to take out superman, really?

The original story has Batman in an exo-suit ala the film fighting with a much weakened Superman having just been at ground zero from the detonation of the largest soviet nuclear weapon ever fired.

The comic handles the whole thing far far better.

In the film they beat each other up until they find out their mums had the same first name and become bro's for life.

Batman carving into the criminals skin was also terrible - used in the film to get up Supermans' nose and a very un-Batman thing to do. Afleck Batman is up there with Clooney and Kilmer as the very worst. I'd be happy with Christian "Has someone got a cough sweet?" Bale Batman.

All in all, it was a proper turd of a film.

On-the-bog 07 December 2016 03:04 PM

tbh i think afleck could have done ok if the script and story wasnt so lame

Geezer 07 December 2016 03:18 PM

E.T. I realise I am probably in the minority, but utter dog turd of a film.

EddScott 07 December 2016 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by On-the-bog (Post 11901485)
tbh i think afleck could have done ok if the script and story wasnt so lame

Possibly. Admittedly at first I was like anyone but him. - It should have been someone like Josh Brolin. Superman and Batman fight in The Dark Knight Returns - Batman is much older and comes out of "retirement" as Gotham falls apart.

I guess they wanted someone who they could use for further films. Don't know what it is with DC films. They just can't help but balls up the source material. I've got Suicide Squad to watch but I'm not holding out much hope of it being any good.

On-the-bog 07 December 2016 03:36 PM

Without a spoiler, its ok, but i didnt think anything special

Geezer 07 December 2016 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by On-the-bog (Post 11901503)
Without a spoiler, its ok, but i didnt think anything special

Only Margot Robbie redeems it :norty:

On-the-bog 07 December 2016 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Geezer (Post 11901505)
Only Margot Robbie redeems it :norty:

preferred her in wolf of wall street :norty::norty::norty::norty::norty::norty:

On-the-bog 07 December 2016 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by 53 (Post 11901515)
Latest X MEN is shockingly sh1t

i've lost track, which is the latest one? :lol1:

myblackwrx 07 December 2016 04:57 PM

X Men Apocalypse......The end credit scene and the cameo by Wolverine is great.

Even as poor as some of the Marvel movies have been they are still far far better than the DC showings.

I switched off Suicide Squad as it's an utter pile of boring dross and had the misfortune to watch the BvS extended edition..good grief that was dull as hell.

All DC had to do was do origin stories for all the Justice League characters and then do the Justice League movie...i.e. like Marvel did for the Avengers

RS_Matt 07 December 2016 05:05 PM

The Great Land of Small

On-the-bog 07 December 2016 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by myblackwrx (Post 11901563)
X Men Apocalypse......The end credit scene and the cameo by Wolverine is great.

Even as poor as some of the Marvel movies have been they are still far far better than the DC showings.

I switched off Suicide Squad as it's an utter pile of boring dross and had the misfortune to watch the BvS extended edition..good grief that was dull as hell.

All DC had to do was do origin stories for all the Justice League characters and then do the Justice League movie...i.e. like Marvel did for the Avengers

ah that one, yeah wasnt impressed. they seem to go forward, back, left, right, up, down, inside and out time wise lol

RobJenks 09 December 2016 07:39 AM

I hate

Harry Potter
Star Wars
Bollywood
All Chinese films
and anything with Jerry Lewis in

On-the-bog 09 December 2016 08:35 AM

who the hell is jerry lewis?

Geezer 09 December 2016 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by On-the-bog (Post 11902071)
who the hell is jerry lewis?

You're obviously a young man ;)

You're not missing much, though.

On-the-bog 09 December 2016 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Geezer (Post 11902073)
You're obviously a young man ;)

You're not missing much, though.

I've had to revert to google :D

Not really my kinda thing tbh, wouldn't remember much before the early 80's so looks to have been mainly been active before my time as you say. Sounds like that was a good thing :thumb:

stilover 09 December 2016 10:14 AM

The last Witch hunter has to be the biggest pile of Cr@p I've ever seen. Truly awful.

I didn't go to see Batman V Superman, as I could tell it was Sh!t without having to watch it.

Sausage party was just not funny at all. As said above, the swearing wears off after 5 mins.

Didn't think much to Suicide squad either.

London has fallen was utter sh!te too. The SAS was made out to look like a joke, but wait. One man can take on an entire terrorist outfit, while the SAS get shot and look on in awe.

47 NAT 09 December 2016 11:19 AM

Swiss army man. Just awful.

The Trooper 1815 09 December 2016 03:48 PM

Arrivals.
Nocturnal Animals.
Suicide Squad.
Batman vs Superman.

Turbohot 23 December 2016 12:00 PM

Larry Brand's 'The Girl On The Train' (2013). Absolute rubbish.

What a waste of my 40 minutes! I ejected the DVD half way through. How these film makers think that by presenting something half-dreamy with some vague dialogues thrown in it can entertain/stimulate the audience, is beyond me. You have to be paralytic p7ssed to stand something like that. I should never have spent my four quid on this second hand DVD.

Not to be mistaken with the new, Emily Blunt one. Mind you, I hear that's that one is also nothing amazing, if not one of the worst movies.