ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Front Bumper Scraping On Driveway. (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/1043735-front-bumper-scraping-on-driveway.html)

Lettuce 26 November 2016 05:34 PM

Front Bumper Scraping On Driveway.

Have gotten the keys to my new house today and notice that the front bumper scraps slightly on MY04 STi when entering and exiting the drive. I did reverse onto the drive as i though going in face first would defiantly scrap the bumper on the floor but this didint seem to help, half why up the drive it starts to scrape (i think its when the front wheels drop into the slight gully where the water flows to the drains)

The car does have a Prodrive lip (i think there called that?) fitted to the front of the actual bumper so im guess this is whats actually scraping, are these 'lip' design just for this purpose to protect against scraping??.

Is there anything i can do to stop the car scrapping, does coming in at angels help at all or anything else i could try?, as this might become an issue if it does it every time i leave and come home (plus its embarrassing)

mickywrx 26 November 2016 06:40 PM

Raise your car up or move to a new house. :D

Lettuce 26 November 2016 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 11898568)
Raise your car up or move to a new house. :D

Well this is the thing the car hasn't even been lowered, its all stock levels

360ste 26 November 2016 07:35 PM

Can you get someone else to reverse the car onto the drive whilst you watch it to see if it is the gully. If so put some hardcore in the gully it will still allow water to drain but stop the wheels dropping in.

Lettuce 26 November 2016 08:13 PM

Hardcore?, ill have to look that up thanks

360ste 26 November 2016 08:18 PM

Pieces of stone, large gravel

Bazil_SW 29 November 2016 12:43 PM

I had the same problem when I got my spec D which had an STi splitter on the front bumper. I bit the bullet, removed the splitter and sold it on ebay!

Shame though, because it did look ace, but crashing it on the drive every day was starting to the tear the bumper!

2pot 29 November 2016 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bazil_SW (Post 11899201)
I had the same problem when I got my spec D which had an STi splitter on the front bumper. I bit the bullet, removed the splitter and sold it on ebay!

Shame though, because it did look ace, but crashing it on the drive every day was starting to the tear the bumper!

Any idea how much you gained, by removing the splitter?

Bazil_SW 29 November 2016 01:47 PM

The splitter is about 40mm thick, so clearance wise it now clears the drive going on forwards or backwards... Money wise, I gained £40 for it!

harry007 30 November 2016 02:22 PM

get air suspension for a lift :)

Justme103 30 November 2016 05:18 PM

I had the same problem with my 2002 WRX on Spax lowering springs, Removed them & fitted Prodrive ones & no issues now

Khandaris 30 November 2016 08:49 PM

Concrete in a new ramp?? lol Dont change your car!

Steve001 02 December 2016 09:10 AM

Get on the handbrake and slide your car in sideways :lol1: ;)

riiidaa 02 December 2016 11:52 PM

drive in / out at a jaunty angle