ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   Mapping a classic type r (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/1042659-mapping-a-classic-type-r.html)

evos 16 October 2016 11:39 AM

Mapping a classic type r

Hi all am from Northern Ireland and am looking some information on remping a type r version 6 from Japan fuel to or own 97 Ron.. the car is running a bit lumpie at the moment so am assuming it's the wrong fuel and looking prices on who in Northern Ireland dose yours.. any help much appreciated if you no someone on here from Northern Ireland please link them to this thread as am new enough
Thanks in advance

scoobyricht 16 October 2016 12:25 PM

what year is the car?

evos 16 October 2016 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyricht (Post 11884936)
what year is the car?

2000 pal..

john banks 16 October 2016 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by evos (Post 11884912)
Hi all am from Northern Ireland and am looking some information on remping a type r version 6 from Japan fuel to or own 97 Ron.. the car is running a bit lumpie at the moment so am assuming it's the wrong fuel and looking prices on who in Northern Ireland dose yours.. any help much appreciated if you no someone on here from Northern Ireland please link them to this thread as am new enough
Thanks in advance

Lumpy running especially if we are talking part throttle is not likely octane related.

Look over the MAF, plugs, injectors, fuel pump, fuel filter, maintenance, leaks, oiled up piped, datalogs, fault codes first.

Then map.

bludgod 17 October 2016 09:22 AM

as above, lumpy running wouldn't normally be fuel. Whereabouts in NI are you if you fancy a trip to belfast I'll plug it in and see if anything turns up?

For an ECU you can look at ECUlabs or ECUtek to map the standard ECU (though eculabs will give you some extra features like launch control, antilag, speed density and twin maps), if you don't plan on modding the car too much the ECUtek is probably the cheaper option.

If your wanting to go a little further then you can look into simtek/alcatek/link G4+ etc. and ditch the maf altogether (they all run speed density/mafless full time).

evos 17 October 2016 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by bludgod (Post 11885284)
as above, lumpy running wouldn't normally be fuel. Whereabouts in NI are you if you fancy a trip to belfast I'll plug it in and see if anything turns up?

For an ECU you can look at ECUlabs or ECUtek to map the standard ECU (though eculabs will give you some extra features like launch control, antilag, speed density and twin maps), if you don't plan on modding the car too much the ECUtek is probably the cheaper option.

If your wanting to go a little further then you can look into simtek/alcatek/link G4+ etc. and ditch the maf altogether (they all run speed density/mafless full time).

Sounds good pal al take a trip down surly wen could you plug me in :D