ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   hks coilovers what top mounts (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/1042648-hks-coilovers-what-top-mounts.html)

seanvx 15 October 2016 06:58 PM

hks coilovers what top mounts

hi I have hks coilovers on my jdm 03 sti and the rear top mounts are knocking , I was told I need to buy bigger top mounts is this true or will just standard sti ones fit thanks

ZANY 15 October 2016 09:21 PM

Are the top mounts not the solid type on the hks?

seanvx 15 October 2016 09:24 PM

not sure would you know where I could buy them

Vxr2010 16 October 2016 08:05 AM

i would expect the mounts woukd have to be hks ones , so i would contact them
direct , i would not expect them to be bigger , you could try the standard mount there are two different types and don't know if they would fit , the top 3 bolt holes on the two different original subaru mounts are the same the spring mounting side of them are different

seanvx 16 October 2016 08:41 AM

ok thanks mate looks like il be contacting hks I was hoping someone had replaced them before and could recommend me what to get

seanvx 19 October 2016 07:13 PM

can any body help me with this hks are not replying to my emails and don't want to waste my money on buying originals to see if they fit

ZANY 19 October 2016 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by seanvx (Post 11886071)
can any body help me with this hks are not replying to my emails and don't want to waste my money on buying originals to see if they fit

Put some pics up I know someone who has a full set are yours the hypermax ones?

ZANY 19 October 2016 07:21 PM

Under the bonnet pic will be able to tell which top mounts you have:thumb:

seanvx 19 October 2016 07:47 PM

ok thanks mate it just says hks il have take wheel off

ZANY 20 October 2016 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by seanvx (Post 11886098)
ok thanks mate it just says hks il have take wheel off

I don't think you get what I'm saying you can see from under your bonnet if you have hard top mounts or the genuine ones if genuine you can replace no problems hard tops slap about a lot to suppose to be common my teins did it and there was nothing wrong with them at all

seanvx 20 October 2016 07:00 PM

they do seem very loud under the bonnet all I can see is metal would I be able to see the black rubber of the top mount then if they are solid do you know where I would get them from

ZANY 20 October 2016 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by seanvx (Post 11886402)
they do seem very loud under the bonnet all I can see is metal would I be able to see the black rubber of the top mount then if they are solid do you know where I would get them from

Yes you can see the black rubber on top or metal if solid mounts if solid you can opt for the whiteline kit available if it mates to the hks units

seanvx 20 October 2016 07:48 PM

ok thanks for your help seems such pain in ass , how am I suppose to know what fits unless waste money on buying mounts I don't need