ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Info on brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1042636-info-on-brakes.html)

scoobiesteve103 15 October 2016 11:00 AM

Info on brakes

Morning all
After taking my blob out on a run yesterday I found I have now got quite bad brake judder. I've been looking at brembos set up but can't help but think that with the same money you can buy 6 pots from say a porsche ect. Question is has anyone fitted these and what kind of ballache was it? Was there other parts ill need ect? Sorry if it's somthing asked meny times over but ive looked and can't find much infor and tbh im crab at this sort of thing lol.
Meny thanks Steve

nikon-man 15 October 2016 11:11 AM

a lot would depend how you set the brakes up.....

I have full brembos on my hatch and stop so quickly it is amazing.

stonejedi 15 October 2016 11:17 AM

Did you have the brake judder before the run or just after?.SJ.

bustaMOVEs 15 October 2016 12:14 PM

Pad deposits on discs if fine when went out prior.
Crap pads will overheat and leave deposits on discs

stonejedi 15 October 2016 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11884643)
Pad deposits on discs if fine when went out prior.
Crap pads will overheat and leave deposits on discs

I Was just about to get to that Busta Lol:lol1:I just wanted to hear his reply first:thumb:.SJ.

bustaMOVEs 15 October 2016 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by stonejedi (Post 11884645)
I Was just about to get to that Busta Lol:lol1:I just wanted to hear his reply first:thumb:.SJ.

Couldn't be arsed waiting for reply :lol1:
Too much info is always good :D

scoobiesteve103 15 October 2016 03:02 PM

Thank you gus, it happens only after the run ive never really noticed anything before. I only get to use the car once every 2 weeks and never gets used hard as normally I have my 4 year old with me. I don't know what pads was used buy ive got good speed disks on them. Currently sitting at 360 ish bhp so I'm not sure what the limit on the wrx 4 pots would be

bustaMOVEs 15 October 2016 03:48 PM

Wrx 4 pot calipers getting too hot and heat transfer to pads

gpssti4 16 October 2016 06:57 AM

I changed to Brembo's all round in my Type R and never looked back. My original 4 pots were OK until I cooked them after a spirited drive one evening. I could never get them to feel good again, even with disc/pad/fluid changes.

stonejedi 16 October 2016 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by scoobiesteve103 (Post 11884697)
Thank you gus, it happens only after the run ive never really noticed anything before. I only get to use the car once every 2 weeks and never gets used hard as normally I have my 4 year old with me. I don't know what pads was used buy ive got good speed disks on them. Currently sitting at 360 ish bhp so I'm not sure what the limit on the wrx 4 pots would be

360bhp in a blob,I would seriously be thinking about a upgrade to the Brembo set up so I could fit bigger disc and pads,as the newage cars are heavier and came out of the factory with inadequate braking power especially once you have started increasing the power level as you have,Porsche calipers are very nice but very expensive if you can find a set you will be limiting yourself to pad choice though.I would go the Brembo or ap caliper route less fuss and more pad options.SJ.

scoobiesteve103 16 October 2016 01:40 PM

Nice one thanks will start looking at brembos. Been offered a full set from an evo 7-9 for £300 but again unsure if they will fit ect

DannyBoy007 16 October 2016 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by scoobiesteve103 (Post 11884968)
Nice one thanks will start looking at brembos. Been offered a full set from an evo 7-9 for £300 but again unsure if they will fit ect

They don't Fit

stonejedi 16 October 2016 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by DannyBoy007 (Post 11885064)
They don't Fit

THIS!check breakers on this site or pm Ian of Godspeed and see if he has a set of Subaru brembos laying around.SJ.

Beastie 18 October 2016 07:13 AM

some brembos here:

http://www.greenwoodracing.co.uk/specials.asp