ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Head transplant (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1042059-head-transplant.html)

dpb 22 September 2016 08:32 PM

Head transplant

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ad-transplant/

He's brave that's for sure :eek:

mjp02wrx 22 September 2016 09:25 PM

The mans a dick, did you see what hes been doing to try and prove you can repair spine breaks?...

He's been deliberately paralysing animals so he can practice, dogs and mice, if I ever meet him I may snap his spine and tell him to stfu and practice on himself.

Infact would just snap the twats neck

Peedee 22 September 2016 09:29 PM

Is it a head transplant or a body transplant?

dpb 22 September 2016 10:00 PM

good question

pimmo2000 23 September 2016 05:56 AM

To be fair the guy probably thinks win or fail is a good result at this point.

Blue by You 23 September 2016 06:39 AM

Great quote from the neuro scientist "“Of course there is a marginal risk"
Of what exactly, success?

neil-h 23 September 2016 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by mjp02wrx (Post 11878585)
The mans a dick, did you see what hes been doing to try and prove you can repair spine breaks?...

He's been deliberately paralysing animals so he can practice, dogs and mice, if I ever meet him I may snap his spine and tell him to stfu and practice on himself.

Like it or not, a lot of very important medical research was carried out on animals. If you want to get really upset just take a look at what the Russians got up to in the back end of WW2 (and that's without discussing what the Nazis did).

urban 23 September 2016 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 11878625)
To be fair the guy probably thinks win or fail is a good result at this point.

Yeah, I agree

urban 23 September 2016 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by mjp02wrx (Post 11878585)

Take it you know that probably most of the cosmetic products you use are tested on animals?
Same with drugs.

Doesn't make it right.

JGlanzaV 23 September 2016 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 11878703)
Take it you know that probably most of the cosmetic products you use are tested on animals?
Same with drugs.

Doesn't make it right.

Maybe we should trial this kind of stuff on mjp02 he would onviously volunteer to save the poor animals....

Nessecary evil....

markjmd 23 September 2016 12:49 PM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085407/ :Suspiciou

mjp02wrx 23 September 2016 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11878709)
Maybe we should trial this kind of stuff on mjp02 he would onviously volunteer to save the poor animals....

Nessecary evil....

I'm on about him cutting the spine of healthy animals, there are enough people out there now being paid to do medical trials for drugs and creams, all the previous dangerous **** is now known.

So in this day and age do we still need to do it to animals?

I'm not an activist but at least i ****ing care about the animals and from the sounds of you lot you dont.

JGlanzaV 23 September 2016 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by mjp02wrx (Post 11878834)
I'm on about him cutting the spine of healthy animals, there are enough people out there now being paid to do medical trials for drugs and creams, all the previous dangerous **** is now known.

I'm not an activist but at least i ****ing care about the animals and from the sounds of you lot you dont.

Well lets cut in to your spine for the trials and see how you get on.....

No matter how much you pay someone they are not going to let you transplant their ****ing head you lunatic....

Yes we do need to do it still. Unless you and your ilk are going to allow us to test radical and dangerous unknown procedures and drugs on you?

urban 23 September 2016 09:35 PM

Unfortunately the answer is yes, whether you like it or not

pimmo2000 24 September 2016 10:12 PM

I do, but I also think about my son and how medicine will one day either save or prolong his life .. sad world and it pains me thinking about it

Steve T 25 September 2016 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11878835)
Well lets cut in to your spine for the trials and see how you get on.....

No matter how much you pay someone they are not going to let you transplant their ****ing head you lunatic....

Yes we do need to do it still. Unless you and your ilk are going to allow us to test radical and dangerous unknown procedures and drugs on you?

I agree that animals must be used, even though I love animals To respond like that Glanza to a man who obviously loves animals is wrong.

An0n0m0us 25 September 2016 09:27 PM

I object to it being on dogs, it should definitely be on cats though.

SouthWalesSam 25 September 2016 10:30 PM

So have I understood this correctly?

I can fit AVCS heads on my WRX so long as I've tested 'em first on a dog box and an old cat? :wonder:

SJ_Skyline 26 September 2016 08:15 PM

If you stuck a dog's head on a cat's body would the the head chase the body and the body try to run away from the head? :wonder:

silver-sub 26 September 2016 08:57 PM

Reminds me of the movie Human Centipede.

Norman Dog 03 October 2016 07:44 PM

This has already been done with dogs many years ago in the Soviet Union.

Was going to post the link, but it's not really very pleasant to watch. :freak3:

On YouTube if you're interested.

urban 05 October 2016 01:39 PM

What, a head transplant?