ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   Which downpipe? (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/104120-which-downpipe.html)

ozzy 11 June 2002 04:22 PM

The ongoing saga of my dodgy O2 sensor continues. Apparently the threads in my OEM one are sh@gged and the Dealer will either have to fit a new one or repair what's there - something about a hela-coil being needed :confused:

So, I think the best thing to do is get a new decat DP and fit my new O2 sensor to that rather than @rsing around with a dodgy pipe.

What are my options? Ideally I'd like something that fits easily, since I've heard a few stories that certain DP's can be a right barsteward to fit. Something not too loud and easily bolted on would do the trick.

Any ideas?

Stefan

David_Wallis 11 June 2002 04:46 PM

They should be able to mend it without taking it off.. suprised they cant just clean the threads with a tap.. they are talking about re-helicoiling it which well.. I wont explain... but if you can swap it yourself replace it with an aftermarket one... otherwise pay someone to fit an aftermarket one as they will probably take it off to mend it.. which will then cost more.. if this makes sense? (dont think it does to me now!)

David

Dark Blue Mark 11 June 2002 04:47 PM

Or get a replacement standard one from sales, probably cheap! You will struggle to re-thread the pipe. If they ****ed it, get em to replace it!

MB

David_Wallis 11 June 2002 04:51 PM

then sell me the shafted one to get your costs back...

David

ozzy 11 June 2002 05:09 PM

David/MB,

That's a thought. Cheers guys.

I want to change the DP anyway, so it's probably just forced the issue somewhat.

I'll have a traul through the previous posts (god damn search) and see what comes up. What have you fitted to your cars? and did it fit OK?

Thanks,

Stefan

Blitz8888 12 June 2002 12:12 AM

hks downpipe, not 2 loud bcos its made from mild steel not stainless steel.

Trout... 12 June 2002 12:38 AM

Quick DP resume

BPM for high engine speed power
Scoobysport 3in or 2.5in for excellent on road torque and driving characteristics - turbo spins up VERY early :D

The latter is cheap by comparison.

The HKS is pretty poor as it has a closed flange which is not so good for wastegate gasflow management.

Trout :D

TonyBurns 12 June 2002 09:54 AM

Scoobymania downpipe ;):D you can hear the turbo spool from 1500 rpm :eek: and its not that intrusive (but sounds great outside the car ;):D:D:D:D:D )

Tony:D

Dark Blue Mark 12 June 2002 12:39 PM

Magnex - best quality and price, twin dump also. Think they have sorted the fitment out too.

MB

Dark Blue Mark 06 November 2002 04:45 PM

Hi there,

There are proablby 1 million topics on this, have a trawl through them. Choose the last 100 days topics and flick through the pages. And remember MOT time!

MB

Speeling! Doh.

[Edited by Dark Blue Mark - 6/11/2002 4:45:40 PM]