ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Midlands (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/)
-   -   (notts) Trying to experience (passanger) a blob before buying (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/1040894-notts-trying-to-experience-passanger-a-blob-before-buying.html)

hugobosslives 06 August 2016 03:31 PM

(notts) Trying to experience (passanger) a blob before buying

Hi guys. I've driven the 2015 sti, and been in both a hawk wrx and sti.

The one that I have always wanted to buy is the blobeye (specificaly a uk widebody 2005 becasue jdm insurance! :cry:). Now the 2015 and 2007 stis felt quite different. So now I am in a position to buy. I am wondering if anyone in the nottingham area would be kind enough to take me for a short ride in a blob?

Further, obviously I would like a sti but as my current car is a measly 150ish hp, I also would like to expierence the blobeye wrx. I often think that this would be a good stepping stone for say 2 years before buying an sti.

Let me know. I'd be very grateful. Petrol/beer can be supplied

Blue by You 06 August 2016 03:50 PM

Why not just go and test drive one at a dealer's?

hugobosslives 06 August 2016 05:04 PM

Well I don't generally look at dealers but from a quick search there arn't any for sale (2005s) from a dealer that close to nottingham.

And two when I took the 2015 sti from subaru she literally wouldn't let me go a NSL back road. I got to pull it on dual carriways but nothing like what these are built for. I've never bought a second hand car from a dealer. Do they let you take it out?

Blue by You 06 August 2016 05:25 PM

Every car I've ever bought from a dealer, including 2 scoobs, were test driven first.
No play, no pay.

hugobosslives 06 August 2016 05:38 PM

Interesting. Thanks for that mate. Do small dealerships cover the insurance aspect or do I need to get one day cover etc?

Blue by You 06 August 2016 07:54 PM

You should be covered under their trader's policy.
TBH I have never even considered that anyone would buy a car, especially 2nd hand, without driving it first. Makes no sense at all.

salsa-king 06 August 2016 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Blue by You (Post 11864987)
You should be covered under their trader's policy.
TBH I have never even considered that anyone would buy a car, especially 2nd hand, without driving it first. Makes no sense at all.

fun enough.. I bought my 330s STi with no test drive.... from a main dealer....... thats a story for another day though lol

Steve777 06 August 2016 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by hugobosslives (Post 11864936)

The one that I have always wanted to buy is the blobeye (specificaly a uk widebody 2005 becasue jdm insurance! :cry:). Now the 2015 and 2007 stis felt quite different. So now I am in a position to buy. I am wondering if anyone in the nottingham area would be kind enough to take me for a short ride in a blob?

Further, obviously I would like a sti but as my current car is a measly 150ish hp, I also would like to expierence the blobeye wrx. I often think that this would be a good stepping stone for say 2 years before buying an sti.

Why don't you come down to the M-SOC monthly meet at the clock warehouse, Shardlow tomorrow (Sunday 7th August)

I'm sure there will be one there that someone will take you out in. Job done :thumb:

boosted 07 August 2016 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by hugobosslives (Post 11864936)

Blob and hawk basically same car, so little difference there.
A 225hp WRX will perform similar to a 150hp fwd hatch (not sure what you have?). You really need about 300hp in a newage to get it going

salsa-king 07 August 2016 08:54 AM

^^^
I was just going to say the same at Steve, come to todays meet and have a look

hugobosslives 07 August 2016 09:27 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry been away all day down at Rutland water. I have only recently moved to the area so not up with the car scene yet. Definitely interested in coming to meets. Just seems a bit awkward in my current Seat 1.8 20v :p My best 60 time is very low 8s. Doesn't compare to a rex

Steve777 17 August 2016 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by hugobosslives (Post 11865200)
Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry been away all day down at Rutland water. I have only recently moved to the area so not up with the car scene yet. Definitely interested in coming to meets. Just seems a bit awkward in my current Seat 1.8 20v :p My best 60 time is very low 8s. Doesn't compare to a rex

Next one is Sunday 4th September

boosted 20 August 2016 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by hugobosslives (Post 11865200)

In 8 seconds my blob WRX is doing over 90mph!

JDM_Stig 20 August 2016 08:15 PM

take a virtual drive . . .