ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Enterprise Insurance in Adminstration: Keith Micheals customer service (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/1040817-enterprise-insurance-in-adminstration-keith-micheals-customer-service.html)

Shaun 03 August 2016 09:53 PM

Enterprise Insurance in Adminstration: Keith Micheals customer service

After being advised via a direct call to me from Gary, that the insurance company providing cover on my RS3 has gone into administration (to the point that they can't guarantee adequate cover), alternative cover was offered as one of the options.

It's not ideal when you hear this, but that wasn't KM's fault and they've done what they can to ensure I had options.... and above all else I was provided/offered appropriate cover for my car.

Yeah, I've had to fork out for a brand new policy and I'm going to have to claim a proportion of my previous policy back, but at least my car continues to be covered. From a customer perspective I couldn't ask for more from my broker in reality.

Cost does not always directly relate to any specific customer service level, however, I've always received great rates and great customer service from KM. It's the reasons why they'll continue to get my business.

Don Clark 04 August 2016 07:24 AM

:thumb::thumb:

In the same situation - Excellent personal service from Gary.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX 04 August 2016 11:24 AM

I'm pleased that you have been able to sort this very unfortunate situation out amicably with your broker. We have tried to do the same for our affected clients too.

Thankfully this type of situation is extremely rare in the car insurance industry.

Regards
Dan

Marietto 06 August 2016 02:15 PM

I am in the same boat unfortunately and Gary @ KM went above and beyond to sort me out with an alternative policy.

sprigeteer 12 August 2016 07:53 PM

Had my letter today to confirm that the existing policy is still legal and offers cover. So, hopefully no need to switch as yet.

salsa-king 12 August 2016 08:53 PM

In the same boat too.

Gary brilliant again, rang me back.. hammered out my worries.. yep.. new policy taken out for a year with a new company (£20 cheaper the who I was/am with) but I can't take the risk to wait and see not knowing what will happen.. for the sake of only losing about £180 from the policy that I've had the last 6months... a small price in comparison if you need to make a claim with a company you're in fear might not be able to pay 100% out.

who knows.... no crystal ball..

With my car it's not a chance I want to take when out driving it or at shows etc.

Shaun 14 August 2016 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by sprigeteer (Post 11866460)
Had my letter today to confirm that the existing policy is still legal and offers cover. So, hopefully no need to switch as yet.

The company is in administration and they can't guarantee the level of cover you have/receive should the worse happen.

That's the magnitude of the risk.

sprigeteer 14 August 2016 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 11866794)
The company is in administration and they can't guarantee the level of cover you have/receive should the worse happen.

That's the magnitude of the risk.

Absolutely, which is why I'm moving the policy come Monday. :thumb:

salsa-king 27 October 2016 11:51 PM

has anyone heard if we'll get any money back yet?

Moley 28 October 2016 10:21 AM

http://www.fscs.org.uk/news/2016/oct...ise-insurance/

Marietto 29 December 2016 05:25 PM

Anyone had a refund of their premium yet?

salsa-king 29 December 2016 07:14 PM

no, not yet.

I had a letter regarding them going into liquidation (or something like that) from liquidator.. TBH, I didn't understand the letter.

So not sure, are we getting some back?

Marietto 29 December 2016 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Moley (Post 11888728)

Originally Posted by salsa-king (Post 11906435)
no, not yet.

I had a letter regarding them going into liquidation (or something like that) from liquidator.. TBH, I didn't understand the letter.

So not sure, are we getting some back?

If you read Gary's link above it say's we are all being refunded through FSCS....well that's what I read from it.

Don Clark 29 December 2016 08:04 PM

https://www.fscs.org.uk/news/2016/de...ise-insurance/

Marietto 29 December 2016 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Don Clark (Post 11906444)

Thanks for that :thumb:

I'll call KM in the morning then

salsa-king 29 December 2016 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Don Clark (Post 11906444)

Anyone on here had any money back of the £26m already paid out?

FSCS has now paid over £26m in compensation on claims following the collapse of Enterprise Insurance
22nd December 2016

FSCS has been paying claims either direct to policyholders or through their broker or finance company, (after the liquidator cancelled Enterprise Insurance policies on 26 October).

We have now paid over £26m in compensation to more than 30,000 policyholders. This includes just over £17.6m for motor policy claims, a further £1m on non-motor policy claims and more than £7.8m for return of premium claims.

We are continuing to work closely with the liquidator, brokers and finance companies to ensure we compensate the remaining policyholders as soon as possible.

FSCS Chief Executive, Mark Neale says: “FSCS is here to protect consumers. We are continuing our work to ensure policyholders are not out-of-pocket. For most policyholders this involves making return of premium payments via their broker, or finance company. They in turn, are transferring their Enterprise business to an alternative insurer.”

More information about how FSCS is compensating customers of Enterprise is available on the FSCS website. People who are unsure whether they were covered by Enterprise Insurance should check their policy documents and speak to their broker.

Moley 30 December 2016 04:08 PM

Unfortunately we have not been given any timescales with regard to the refunds, despite us being in regular contact for updates.

robbie09 05 January 2017 09:10 AM

£26m paid out but don`t look like anyone off here`s had anything !!

Moley 05 January 2017 07:04 PM

They had 500,000+ policies apparently, so will unfortunately take a while to process them all.

salsa-king 05 January 2017 10:43 PM

do you know from when they will refund (some) money ?

Moley 06 January 2017 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by salsa-king (Post 11908110)
do you know from when they will refund (some) money ?

The latest update was estimated circa 6 months

Marietto 09 March 2017 05:04 PM

Any news on this?

Moley 09 March 2017 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Marietto (Post 11924988)
Any news on this?

Nothing yet. The chances are you'll know before we know

Marietto 09 March 2017 05:19 PM

Last update on the FSCS Website:

https://www.fscs.org.uk/news/2017/fe...ise-customers/

robbie09 15 March 2017 01:21 AM

I've not even had a letter never mind a refund ����

Don Clark 11 April 2017 02:29 PM

Compensation cheque received this morning

salsa-king 11 April 2017 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Don Clark (Post 11932275)
Compensation cheque received this morning

great news. Get all your money back?

Don Clark 11 April 2017 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by salsa-king (Post 11932300)
great news. Get all your money back?

I received payment in line with FSCS rules for the period left on my policy following the collapse of Enterprise and the liquidator cancelling motor policies.

Marietto 11 April 2017 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Don Clark (Post 11932305)
I received payment in line with FSCS rules for the period left on my policy following the collapse of Enterprise and the liquidator cancelling motor policies.

Happy days - I hope mine comes soon!!

Marietto 20 April 2017 08:40 PM

Anyone else had any refunds yet?