ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Lighting and Other Electrical (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/)
-   -   Hawkeye speedo in blobeye not working (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/1039764-hawkeye-speedo-in-blobeye-not-working.html)

ronjeramy 30 June 2016 12:16 PM

Hawkeye speedo in blobeye not working

Hi I've just bought some defi style STI clocks/speedo to fit in my blobeye STI, but they don't seem to be working. Now I've trimmed the plug as required but as soon as I turn the ignition on the clocks light up but don't actually work. The buzzer is going off, but there is no opening seromony and no mileage or temperature, the rev counter and speedo don't function at all.

The Pink Ninja 30 June 2016 10:25 PM

The Sti plugs are upside down compared to the wrx ones, should just be a case of turning them round ;)

You will have a couple of lights stay on though, ABS and rear diff temp, and you can snip the wire to silence the buzzer if it continues

ronjeramy 30 June 2016 10:39 PM

I have an STI ;) you can't plug them in upside down as the is a locking clip. I have DCCD and the same ABS as the hawk as my car is a widetrack ;)

The Pink Ninja 30 June 2016 11:28 PM

Ah right, no idea then lol

ZANY 01 July 2016 07:40 AM

Are they the mph uk clocks or the import ones? Import ones are plug and play with turning plugs around where as the uk ones need a wire cutting abit more fiddling with the plugs or you will be getting a constant buzzing sound and no function

ronjeramy 01 July 2016 08:38 AM

Yeah there uk clocks in mph off a hawkeye STI.

ZANY 01 July 2016 09:11 AM

U.K. Clocks will need a wire snipping can't remember which one if you contact a competent garage they will be able to inform you which wire needs cutting, I contacted Brian @ cams performance who advised me on the fitting procedure and it was very easy and straight forward but that was over 4years ago so I can't remember which wire it was sorry

ronjeramy 01 July 2016 09:48 AM

I know which wire for the buzzer that's not really the issue, it's why they don't work, just illuminate

fat-thomas 01 July 2016 11:54 AM

You have to trim the plug then turn it upside down and it works as gaz mentions above.
I did it the you need to add a relay for the abs light .
I did it ages ago.

ronjeramy 01 July 2016 01:44 PM

I've already trimmed the plug before installing. I've read the guides on fitting. The plug will only fit one way due the the locking clip, or are you saying trim that also?

ronjeramy 04 July 2016 01:31 PM

Tried another set of uk hawkeye clocks and they worked, it seems they are faulty. :(

obey1 04 July 2016 07:44 PM

clocks

i put a set in my wr1 i had to reduce the guides for the plugs dont worry they hold in ok and plugged in upside down the wire is the yellow one :thumb:

ronjeramy 04 July 2016 10:59 PM

Yeah I've trimmed the guides off and it plugs in fine. A mate has just bought a set also off a hawk and tried them and they worked perfectly, it looks like the set I have bought at faulty