ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Next Prime Minister (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1039615-next-prime-minister.html)

Paben 14 July 2016 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11858518)
I personally don't have a problem with it tbh

it is a function of our constitution being driven by precedent

and we elect a government not a PM (I think that Job is appointed by the Queen)

if we want to change it - then presumably we can create a law, like we did with fixed term parliaments

I do wonder at her appointment of Boris !!

Perhaps an appointment of such stature will calm him down (if he hasn't already been given the hard word by Mrs M in that respect), then he should tidy himself up and get his bloody hair cut!

Blue by You 14 July 2016 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11858521)
Perhaps an appointment of such stature will calm him down (if he hasn't already been given the hard word by Mrs M in that respect), then he should tidy himself up and get his bloody hair cut!

Yeah, the Billy Bunter look won't do us any favours in the international negotiation arena.

alcazar 14 July 2016 12:15 PM

Perhaps BoJo's manner might make a few foreigners NOT take him seriously...and more fool them.

David Lock 14 July 2016 01:13 PM

But imagine the damage and mayhem Boris could have wreaked if he had been left out of the Cabinet. This way he will have to toe the party line and if the EU negotiations go tits up then Boris will take the hit. Personally I would be delighted if that happened :)

But I would have given that job to Hague but perhaps he was a REMAINER? Top man.

David

hodgy0_2 14 July 2016 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 11858548)
But imagine the damage and mayhem Boris could have wreaked if he had been left out of the Cabinet. This way he will have to toe the party line and if the EU negotiations go tits up then Boris will take the hit. Personally I would be delighted if that happened :)

But I would have given that job to Hague but perhaps he was a REMAINER? Top man.

David

well the cynic would say that in all the key Brexit posts she has put high profile Brexiters, so if it goes t1ts up

she can simply do a load of hand waving

dpb 14 July 2016 01:33 PM

In for a penny in for a pound , or a euro when it all goes tits up

Paben 14 July 2016 02:29 PM

I personally don't have a problem with it tbh

it is a function of our constitution being driven by precedent

and we elect a government not a PM (I think that Job is appointed by the Queen)

if we want to change it - then presumably we can create a law, like we did with fixed term parliaments

here is his witty limerick about the Turkish President

“There was a young fellow from Ankara, Who was a terrific wankerer.

“Till he sowed his wild oats, With the help of a goat, But he didn’t even stop to thankera.”

what could possibly go wrong

The President won't mind that, it doesn't even scan.

dpb 15 July 2016 05:26 AM

So Hammond wants us to leave quick as poss , including leaving single market

Whilst Davis wants us close borders but Keep access to single market

??

Meanwhile Spend spend spend. Presumably all that cash we were just giving to Merkel