ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   XBox One vs PS4 vs XBox One S? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/1039438-xbox-one-vs-ps4-vs-xbox-one-s.html)

Fabioso 18 June 2016 10:37 PM

XBox One vs PS4 vs XBox One S?

So I currently only have a XBOX360 and I have £98 of boosted Tesco vouchers to redeem before the boost ends on the 26th June.

Always been in the XBOX camp for console gaming but this is the dilemma..... I want to buy a new console using the £98 I have from the boosted vouchers and presently Tesco direct is not showing the XBOX ONE S. If it was and it was on a clubcard boost then I would be snapping their hands off for a 2TB version at £350 minus the £98.

After phoning Tesco, there is no outlook on when they might start allowing pre-orders for the XBOX One S and it might not be a clubcard boosted item.

Quite like the look of the 1TB Forza Special edition Xbox One in blue for £279 but then I thought about the PS4 especially because VR is something I would like to get in to.

So the choices:-
1) Hang fire for a Xbox One S and hope it's on there before 26th June
2) Buy the Xbox One 1TB Forza Special Edition in Blue for what is effectively £182
3) Buy a PS4 1TB for what would effectively be £221 in anticipation of Playstation VR
4) Buy something else with the vouchers :D

Finding it hard to justify plumping for the old Xbox One given a new one is due in 2 months.............

What would you do and why?

mart360 19 June 2016 09:17 AM

PS4

Buy a bog standard 500gb PS4,

Whip off the side cover and drop a 2 or 4tb hard drive in ...

voila, a 4tb PS4, all legit

Xbox,

But a 2TB USB 3.0 HD and plug it in ...

Tada, a 2 TB Xbox one...

Dont get fleeced for 4K, all your going to get is the same games over and over again ........

Mart

stevebt 19 June 2016 11:06 AM

Won't the 4K for the output on the Xbox one s just be for the TVs apps as I don't think the console would of evolved enough for 4K gaming?

Fabioso 19 June 2016 04:32 PM

Thanks guys that's given me a whole different perspective on it now!

:thumb:

Neanderthal 21 June 2016 02:44 PM

They're not updating the Xbox it to be able to play games at 4K. It can barely do 1080p. I assume they're putting in another chip to handle 4k video/TV.
I have a day one Xbox One. I was happy with it in the main, but I have been thinking I want the PS4 for Uncharted 4 etc. I'm happy to wait for the PS4 Neo though.

mart360 21 June 2016 11:26 PM

I have both,

Resolution aside,, ( only noticable if you have a 1080 tv lol ) there pretty much the same.

Both have unique USP's, i prefer the achievement system on the Xbox over PS4, but prefer spotify on the 4 as opposed to MS's music

I only bought the PS4 for the order 1886, that said the uncharted collection looks good.

& ICO is playable on it too :)

Brun 22 June 2016 01:27 AM

I hardly touch my PS3 but would have a 4 in a heart beat for the next GTA or GT. Battlefield 1 looks good. I've fallen straight out of love with the CoD series as all the futuristic weapons just don't float my boat!

Shaun 22 June 2016 10:21 AM

The S will be able to display native 4K content in respect of TV/Movie software. The key selling point is the fact the S contains a UHD Bluray drive. The S can also utilise HDR, although you'll need a 4K HDR display to see this benefit. This will enhance games written with HDR, but the games will only be upscaled to 4K.

If you're in the game of buying a new XBOX get the S. If you have a XBOX already the benefits are minimal, especially if you're not using a 4K display.

Funkii Munkii 22 June 2016 10:53 AM

Rumours of a PS4K being on the shelves by the end of the year with Uncharted 4K being the release game.

Might also be worth a look if you can wait

jaygsi 22 June 2016 12:52 PM

I was thinking of upgrading to the XBOX ONE S, only reason i have suck with xbox was i had a membership running, prefer the controller layout.