ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Clash of the titans (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/1039429-clash-of-the-titans.html)

Uncle Creepy 18 June 2016 05:17 PM

Clash of the titans

CITROEN C1 vs PEUGEOT 107 vs TOYOTA AYGO

I realise these aren't the types of cars many on here will probably know (or care) too much about - me neither, which is why I'm asking - but my missus' friend is wanting a small, economical car, has narrowed down her search to one of the three beasts mentioned above, and has asked yours truly to help her find a good'un. After a quick look, I've noticed the C1 and 107 have identical bhp, economy, 0-60 times, emissions, etc., so I'm guessing they are essentially the same car underneath and were maybe a collaborative venture, like the GT86 and BRZ. (I also couldn't believe their running costs - 61.4mpg combined and £20 a year tax. Crazy!)

Anyone know anything about any of these cars? Any common issues or things to check?

Cheers!

fat-thomas 18 June 2016 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy (Post 11847387)
CITROEN C1 vs PEUGEOT 107 vs TOYOTA AYGO

I realise these aren't the types of cars many on here will probably know (or care) too much about - me neither, which is why I'm asking - but my missus' friend is wanting a small, economical car, has narrowed down her search to one of the three beasts mentioned above, and has asked yours truly to help her find a good'un. After a quick look, I've noticed the C1 and 107 have identical bhp, economy, 0-60 times, emissions, etc., so I'm guessing they are essentially the same car underneath and were maybe a collaborative venture, like the GT86 and BRZ. (I also couldn't believe their running costs - 61.4mpg combined and £20 a year tax. Crazy!)

Anyone know anything about any of these cars? Any common issues or things to check?

Cheers!

I thought the agyo was also the same car

Uncle Creepy 18 June 2016 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11847390)
I thought the agyo was also the same car

So it is! Good call. :thumb:

So if they're all essentially the same car, presumably they would all suffer from the same issues (if any)?

fat-thomas 18 June 2016 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy (Post 11847417)
So it is! Good call. :thumb:

So if they're all essentially the same car, presumably they would all suffer from the same issues (if any)?

Mechanically the same just styling and trim differences I guess so down to price.
I don't know but I assume the Toyota is the most expensive but I like the styling on this one over the other two

Uncle Creepy 18 June 2016 07:44 PM

Yes, the Aygo is the most expensive - well, used ones are anyway, like-for-like year/mileage examples.

Maybe due to Japanese vs French reputation for reliability.

jayallen 18 June 2016 08:12 PM

I had a C1 courtesy car when my van went into Citroen for a service. Quite a funky little car with few gadgets like touch screen media in the dash and the rag top roof is a nice touch....The 3 cylinder engine sounded quite good on full chat! :lol1:

lozgti1 18 June 2016 09:14 PM

Had an Aygo as a courtesy car too.Quite liked it! Boot ultra tiny though

Has she thought about the other set of triplets too,Skoda Citigo, VW Up !and Seat Mii (think that's what it is) ?

dpb 18 June 2016 09:23 PM

fiat 500 abarth

Uncle Creepy 18 June 2016 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11847445)
The 3 cylinder engine sounded quite good on full chat! :lol1:

Imagine it with a decat! :lol1:

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 11847461)
Has she thought about the other set of triplets too,Skoda Citigo, VW Up !and Seat Mii (think that's what it is) ?

Didn't think of these. I'll suggest them. Cheers.

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11847466)
fiat 500 abarth

Too expensive - budget is about £3k.

Right, thanks chaps, some positive feedback for the C1 and Aygo, and some viable alternatives suggested. I knew the scoobynet massive were the right people to ask. :thumb: