ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   iTunes - How do I get my songs back, or are they gone for good? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/1039304-itunes-how-do-i-get-my-songs-back-or-are-they-gone-for-good.html)

Torquemada 13 June 2016 07:28 PM

iTunes - How do I get my songs back, or are they gone for good?

So, years ago I had iTunes and a 2nd Gen iPod. I bought a sh1tload of music from the iTunes store back then. Mostly when I was drunk and mostly insane purchases (like the drunken purchase of the entire Billy Joel back catalog, or Britney Spears 'Greatest' Hits) but there was a lot of good stuff too.

Problem is, I haven't used the account nor any email accounts that may have been attached to it, for 10-12 years plus. I cannot seem to find a way to get my account back, nor even what the account was called.

Have I simply lost all the money I put into buying this stuff??

JackClark 13 June 2016 09:33 PM

You have two chances, account details to download again or physical copy, if you have neither then consider them lost.

Torquemada 14 June 2016 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11845621)
You have two chances, account details to download again or physical copy, if you have neither then consider them lost.

Well that is gash, it's so long ago I don't have a clue what email account was associated or even if that one exists and I certainly don't have an apple ID. It's amazing that there is no way of Apple helping - even Steam have ways to get into your accounts if you lose the details and cant login (and don't have the email addresses or phones anymore).

I'll try and ask Apple directly, see if I can get some help.

dpb 14 June 2016 04:34 AM

Brittney Spears ??!

I could never drink that much

pimmo2000 15 June 2016 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Torquemada (Post 11845715)
Well that is gash, it's so long ago I don't have a clue what email account was associated or even if that one exists and I certainly don't have an apple ID. It's amazing that there is no way of Apple helping - even Steam have ways to get into your accounts if you lose the details and cant login (and don't have the email addresses or phones anymore).

I'll try and ask Apple directly, see if I can get some help.

Hi, I used to have an account, I don't have any details, no clue what my username, password, email address was .. any chance you can search your billions of accounts and see if you can find some Britney and Billy J downloads?

:Suspiciou :thumb: best of luck :lol1:

Torquemada 15 June 2016 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11845717)
Brittney Spears ??!

I could never drink that much

lol, I know, right! All I know is, I woke up and it was on my PC. I hang my head in shame :)

Torquemada 15 June 2016 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 11846110)
Hi, I used to have an account, I don't have any details, no clue what my username, password, email address was .. any chance you can search your billions of accounts and see if you can find some Britney and Billy J downloads?

:Suspiciou :thumb: best of luck :lol1:

lol, I know but I'm pretty sure that they had my address attached to the account as well as my billing address and maybe some other details that I could guess. Still searching for clues!

JackClark 15 June 2016 06:25 PM

You must know the email address, then you could cross your fingers you added security questions https://iforgot.apple.com

Norman Dog 15 June 2016 08:10 PM

just go on one of the torrent sites and download again for free.

You've already paid for them, so it's not really stealing. :D

Torquemada 15 June 2016 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Norman Dog (Post 11846377)
just go on one of the torrent sites and download again for free.

You've already paid for them, so it's not really stealing. :D

lol, true but I can't even remember what I bought back, then. I have Spotify etc. so it doesn't really matter that much but it's the principle of having paid for the stuff, you know.

Torquemada 15 June 2016 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11846340)
You must know the email address, then you could cross your fingers you added security questions https://iforgot.apple.com

Thanks, Jack. I'm not really sure of the email address, it was so long ago.

What a pain. Oh well, not the end of the world!

Torquemada 16 June 2016 12:49 AM

Thank feck, I somehow managed to figure it out. I'm back in, Billy Joel n all are present :lol1::lol1::lol1:

Cheers, peeps.

JackClark 16 June 2016 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Torquemada (Post 11846477)
Thank feck, I somehow managed to figure it out. I'm back in, Billy Joel n all are present :lol1::lol1::lol1:

Cheers, peeps.

Nice!!

Torquemada 17 June 2016 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11846578)
Nice!!

Yeah, I'm reasonably impressed at what is still there considering it's been over 10 years. There is stuff from my old library that I didn't buy from Apple that is still there, all stored in the cloud.

Sweet :)