ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wanted (https://www.scoobynet.com/wanted-18/)
-   -   Anyone got a standard fuel pump sock liying around? (https://www.scoobynet.com/wanted-18/1038807-anyone-got-a-standard-fuel-pump-sock-liying-around.html)

bustaMOVEs 30 May 2016 10:14 AM

Anyone got a standard fuel pump sock liying around?

As title I'm after a excellent condition standard fuel pump sock if anyone has one please, mine was disintrigrated when removed so had to fit the smaller one supplied with pump, although it's giving me no issues currently I'd rarther fit a oem one for peace of mind.
Thanks

Darrell@Scoobyworx 30 May 2016 04:12 PM

We ae currently trying to source/have made some socks to the same specs of the oem ones as they can only be bought with a fuel pump. Il update when we have one sorted

bustaMOVEs 30 May 2016 04:18 PM

Cheers darrell that would be wonderful, yes oem pump with original sock retails at £200, i only want the sock

Darrell@Scoobyworx 30 May 2016 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11839921)
Cheers darrell that would be wonderful, yes oem pump with original sock retails at £200, i only want the sock

Ive tried to buy the sock on thier own in bulk for our pumps wih no luck as of yet, but i have other options im looking at :)

bustaMOVEs 30 May 2016 05:12 PM

Yeah fuji wont sell on their own :(
Yeah deffo update me as i may just hold on if you're getting some

bustaMOVEs 30 May 2016 05:14 PM

It would be ideal then to supply with your pumps as the smaller ones that come with them never get used and are just accumulated from all the customers lol

ZANY 30 May 2016 05:32 PM

I'd defo be up for a genuine size sock when available please thanks

bustaMOVEs 30 May 2016 05:42 PM

Group buy anyone:)

ZANY 30 May 2016 05:52 PM

I'll even take the swrd fuel pump if it comes with genuine size sock as a group buy just for piece of mind as my scuby had a walbro put in but knowing it might have the smaller sock in does do my head in:mad: and all the bits will be out when changing sock so why not the pump? Might aswell :D
Up for a group buy bro defo:thumb:

supersai101 31 May 2016 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11839798)
As title I'm after a excellent condition standard fuel pump sock if anyone has one please, mine was disintrigrated when removed so had to fit the smaller one supplied with pump, although it's giving me no issues currently I'd rarther fit a oem one for peace of mind.
Thanks

I have a stock pump from hawk wrx removed with around 50k on the clock if that is any good to you? Will need to see if I can find it first though lol

sunnyjones003 02 June 2016 09:29 PM

Also I've got a standard blob uk sti as I've upgraded.

bustaMOVEs 02 June 2016 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by supersai101 (Post 11840129)
I have a stock pump from hawk wrx removed with around 50k on the clock if that is any good to you? Will need to see if I can find it first though lol

Originally Posted by sunnyjones003 (Post 11841137)
Also I've got a standard blob uk sti as I've upgraded.

Thanks guys, I may take you up on your offers, but if I can hold out a little a and get a new one off darrell then I'm tempted to get new if he manages to source.
I'll be in touch if not.

Darrell@Scoobyworx 08 August 2016 04:54 PM

Ive now got a batch of new filters which are pretty much oem style im told so sit lower in the tank :)

My delivery lands tomorrow so i shall update the thread again then :)

bustaMOVEs 08 August 2016 06:56 PM

Ok cheers darrell, put a picture up when they do and I assume you'll supply a o ring clip thingy too.

SmurfyBhoy 09 August 2016 01:42 PM

Interested in these as i fitted the small sock that comes with your collosus 340 :)

ZANY 09 August 2016 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11865453)
Ok cheers darrell, put a picture up when they do and I assume you'll supply a o ring clip thingy too.

GB on bro :) I'll even take a pump aswell with the sock defo:thumb:

Darrell@Scoobyworx 09 August 2016 02:09 PM

Here is what our pump kits will include going forward once we have sold all out current stock. :)

The filter on the right is the new one :)

Had to give the 2 white filters a flash or aerosol black so they showed up on the picture but they come white in the kits :)

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...6b671de94a.jpg

bustaMOVEs 09 August 2016 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 11865639)
GB on bro :) I'll even take a pump aswell with the sock defo:thumb:

I said it in jest as I'm known as the GB King :D
But I don't need a pump so no point in me doing one. :thumb:

SmurfyBhoy 09 August 2016 02:16 PM

Just need a sock no pump :)

bustaMOVEs 09 August 2016 02:23 PM

I need a sock only also, as I was forced to fit the minuscule sock that came with the colossus pump.

SmurfyBhoy 09 August 2016 02:25 PM

Yea same here really want to swap it out

bustaMOVEs 09 August 2016 02:28 PM

Hence this thread and darrel posting that's he's getting some socks, but seems to be posting his whole kit???
Darrell what's the score here? Are you willing to sell us a sock only or not?

SmurfyBhoy 09 August 2016 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11865651)
Hence this thread and darrel posting that's he's getting some socks, but seems to be posting his whole kit???

A man of his calibre surely wouldn't have his customers buy a whole new kit for something which essentially should be there in the first place :norty:

Darrell@Scoobyworx 09 August 2016 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11865651)

Yes i will do sock only :)

Just cover shipping costs which is £7 through UPS and il send anybody who has already bought a pump a filter sock :)

Sorry i should have made that clear in the post before

SmurfyBhoy 09 August 2016 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Darrell@Scoobyworx (Post 11865663)
Yes i will do sock only :)

Just cover shipping costs which is £7 through UPS and il send anybody who has already bought a pump a filter sock :)

Sorry i should have made that clear in the post before

Count me in how should I place order ?

Darrell@Scoobyworx 09 August 2016 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 11865664)
Count me in how should I place order ?

Ive just ordered a box of 50 of the new filters. Soon as they land here with me il post up again and we can just do a Paypal payment for it :)

SmurfyBhoy 09 August 2016 03:14 PM

Spot on, Cheers Darrell

bustaMOVEs 09 August 2016 04:35 PM

Cheers darrell, awaits update ;)

veerinder9 10 August 2016 04:11 PM

Does anyone know if it will fit a walbro GSK455LPH? Currently have this pump with the small supplied sock and is giving me terrible surge even on a full tank on full WOT from 4th.
Will be doing a swirl setup soon for good measure tho

bustaMOVEs 10 August 2016 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by veerinder9 (Post 11865953)
Does anyone know if it will fit a walbro GSK455LPH? Currently have this pump with the small supplied sock and is giving me terrible surge even on a full tank on full WOT from 4th.
Will be doing a swirl setup soon for good measure tho

On a full tank and still getting surge, I'd be looking to change pump not the sock, or more fuelling maybe??
I have the tiny sock fitted to a 340lph pump and even on low tank I don't get any surge, I'd just rarther fit a proper sock just for good measure (will make my mind feel at ease incase I ever do )