ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Top Gear?! No thread about tonight's show? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1038794-top-gear-no-thread-about-tonights-show.html)

RobJenks 06 March 2017 07:41 AM

I enjoyed it.
Le Blanc is an excellent presenter, there is a VERY good driver on board and the other bloke is a geezer.
Refreshing to get away from the "posh" boys style .
Awesome section on the FFXK .

EddScott 06 March 2017 07:42 AM

Found the show perfectly acceptable. Hopefully the three guys will jell over the series. More than a match for Grand Tour.

urban 06 March 2017 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by RobJenks (Post 11924205)
I enjoyed it.
Le Blanc is an excellent presenter, there is a VERY good driver on board and the other bloke is a geezer.
Refreshing to get away from the "posh" boys style .
Awesome section on the FFXK .

FXXK

Anyway, some machine, but what a business model from Ferrari.
Spend 2 million on the car, you can't keep it, you can't race it, and you can't drive it on the road. Plus you need a team of our mechanics anytime you use it

bioforger 06 March 2017 01:04 PM

The brown "geezer" is just a bellend he needs to be replaced.

Tidgy 06 March 2017 01:15 PM

A vast improvement without the annoying twunt evans.

Give them a bit of time to see how they get on.

BrownPantsRacing 06 March 2017 03:45 PM

Now the ginger t055er has gone I'll give this a try tonight. Quite like the 2 left and LeBlanc is acceptable.

S204Darren 06 March 2017 06:58 PM

I enjoyed it and have a lot of time for Chris Harris. Hopefully they get the banter going and it goes from strength to strength, not enough car shows as it is so fingers crossed

Peedee 06 March 2017 07:58 PM

Enjoyed the FXXK feature, then it went stale. The 'challenge' was very boring, to the point I turned it over. They're just copying the old format. Move on and come up with something new. Alternatively, make the entire programme about cars I.e news, reviews etc.

Then again, most folk just want an 'entertainment' programme with the odd power slide in a supercar. Dissapointing.

On a different note. I like Chris Harris, can tolerate Le Blanc, Rory is a ****.

BrownPantsRacing 07 March 2017 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Peedee (Post 11924341)
Enjoyed the FXXK feature, then it went stale. The 'challenge' was very boring, to the point I turned it over. They're just copying the old format. Move on and come up with something new. Alternatively, make the entire programme about cars I.e news, reviews etc.

Then again, most folk just want an 'entertainment' programme with the odd power slide in a supercar. Dissapointing.

On a different note. I like Chris Harris, can tolerate Le Blanc, Rory is a ****.

Watched it last night and this totally sums it up for me. Too staged again IMO. Chris Harris is the most natural presenter out of the bunch, really liked him. The guest spot I thought was just odd having them sit around awkwardly for nearly the whole show. Why? Makes no sense.

Dr Hu 07 March 2017 12:18 PM

Chris Harris looked genuinely shocked\sh1tting it when he rammed LeBlanc hard up the rear in his Volvo... hahahaha

Mind you he couldn't avoid him, the taxi dived right, leBlanc was a sitting lame duck, unavoidable....

The other guy - Rory? - I was'nt sure if he was looking at me or the missus most of the show - hahahahaha

Wish 07 March 2017 09:50 PM

Chris Harris is terrible in it. He's trying wayyyy too hard

tony de wonderful 07 March 2017 09:54 PM

It's a like a bad tribute act now.

BrownPantsRacing 08 March 2017 09:30 AM

Yes.

They need to drop the guest spot and just concentrate on car reviews etc. Change the format up.