ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Back after a 13yr break (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1038516-back-after-a-13yr-break.html)

J.D 22 May 2016 08:05 AM

Back after a 13yr break

Hello all !!

Looks like im getting back into Subaru ownership after a 13yr break as I'm looking to purchase a blobeye STI or RB5, or maybe a P1 as a second car in the next month or so !

My last Subaru was a silver type R although not a classic back then lol, I loved it and nothing's compared since as I've owened skylines M3,s even split screen campers. So looking forward to getting back and involved !

I'm hoping to pop in to some meets so I'll maybe bump into to some of you if you see a weird looking chap with a beard driving a grey Audi A6 sline that will be me 👀

Thanks Jamie.

Brun 22 May 2016 09:50 AM

New age is a whole different world in driving experience!
Have a bash in one first as much of the rawness you will have had in your Type R is not there :thumb:

fat-thomas 22 May 2016 09:58 AM

Rb5 is poo it's just a turbo 2000

nortonscooby 22 May 2016 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11836629)

Do look nice tho :luvlove:

hardcoreimpreza 22 May 2016 04:44 PM

Your poo, just like poo.

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11836629)

fat-thomas 22 May 2016 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by hardcoreimpreza (Post 11836734)
Your poo, just like poo.

What is it with these thick newbs??

It's YOU'RE

Trinity 22 May 2016 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11836741)
What is it with these think newbs??

It's YOU'RE

Did English lessons stop post 2010? its actually ridiculous!

Trinity 22 May 2016 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by J.D (Post 11836588)
Hello all !!

Looks like im getting back into Subaru ownership after a 13yr break as I'm looking to purchase a blobeye STI or RB5, or maybe a P1 as a second car in the next month or so !

My last Subaru was a silver type R although not a classic back then lol, I loved it and nothing's compared since as I've owened skylines M3,s even split screen campers. So looking forward to getting back and involved !

I'm hoping to pop in to some meets so I'll maybe bump into to some of you if you see a weird looking chap with a beard driving a grey Audi A6 sline that will be me 👀

Thanks Jamie.

I'll doubt you'll get anywhere close to finding anything as awesome as a Type R.

JDM Twinscroll Blob would be the best bet if you want the extra refinement and space but keeping some of the urgency of the Type R.

RB5 are poverty spec issues, no real advantage of them, but if your looking at P1's , why not just get another Type R? Dont take the watered down P1 version when they command a big price tag go for a V6 Type R, or a V4 Type for the extra rawness.

J.D 22 May 2016 06:36 PM

I know,....keep getting drawn back to the type r but fancy something with limited uk province or a refined newer version.

So I'll proberly end up with another type R as I've already seen a couple that I like. ��

nortonscooby 22 May 2016 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by J.D (Post 11836777)
I know,....keep getting drawn back to the type r but fancy something with limited uk province or a refined newer version.

So I'll proberly end up with another type R as I've already seen a couple that I like. ��

Good future investment. Ive never owned one so cant comment. P1 maybe a watered down version but might hold a greater return if you plan on keeping for a few years. As much as i hate to agree with trinity if you do go newage then jdm is best bet