ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Congratualtions Leicester (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/1037883-congratualtions-leicester.html)

An0n0m0us 03 May 2016 09:32 AM

Congratualtions Leicester

What an amazing season and an incredible performance by Ranieri and his squad of players who have shown you don't need to be a team of global superstars to make a successful team.

As much as i'd like Mahrez at Arsenal I really hope Leicester keep their squad together over the summer and come back fighting next season.

And thank you Chelsea for ruining the Spuds dream :notworthy:thumb::D

Rooneypies 03 May 2016 09:57 AM

I was initially thinking that the squad would get picked off by bigger clubs but the fact they're in the CL next season would suggest they won't, unless Barca/Real/Bayern come in for Mahrez then I can't see any of them leaving. In fact if anything they'll strengthen.

Well done especially to the ex-United players.

urban 04 May 2016 11:32 AM

Indeed, very well done.
I suspect the vultures will come knocking during the next transfer window.
Be interesting to see how they fair in the champions league

fat-thomas 04 May 2016 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 11828869)
Indeed, very well done.
I suspect the vultures will come knocking during the next transfer window.
Be interesting to see how they fair in the champions league

id disagree as seen with everton and john stones, the clubs no longer need to sell with the money for next years premier league.

added to that the increased income from winning the league and champions league revenue.

all the big players are on long contracts and unless a massive european club comes in for them they will stay, the squad will be strengthened.

Rooneypies 04 May 2016 02:22 PM

Difficult if the player wants to go though. Look at United with De Gea, if it wasn't for some 'dodgy' faxing he'd be long gone.

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11828937)
id disagree as seen with everton and john stones, the clubs no longer need to sell with the money for next years premier league.

added to that the increased income from winning the league and champions league revenue.

all the big players are on long contracts and unless a massive european club comes in for them they will stay, the squad will be strengthened.

fat-thomas 04 May 2016 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rooneypies (Post 11828942)
Difficult if the player wants to go though. Look at United with De Gea, if it wasn't for some 'dodgy' faxing he'd be long gone.

its not difficult at all, stones and de gea wanted to go but are under contract so hence are still there because the clubs wouldnt sell.

arguably leicester are in a far better position than everton as they have champions league football.

Funkii Munkii 04 May 2016 07:22 PM

Fookin amazing achievement :thumb:

Spurs will win a title in the next 3 years i'm sure of that.

hodgy0_2 04 May 2016 08:59 PM

Amazing, and well done to Leicester

And to think I saw them get thumped by Arsenal 5-2 in September

Funny old world

pauld37 05 May 2016 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 11828350)

And thank you Chelsea for ruining the Spuds dream :notworthy:thumb::D

:D

I'm the same, hope they keep that Leicester squad together and see if they can do similar next season, as this one's been really weird! :wonder: