ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Dccd switch position?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1037745-dccd-switch-position.html)

ZANY 29 April 2016 08:50 PM

Dccd switch position??

Please forgive me for my ignorance but can anybody tell me were the right hand side switch is best to the max or min? I have it in auto at all times any help would be appreciated

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...c7fb8520f.jpeg

My switch is @ the L POSITION at he moment

banny sti 29 April 2016 08:58 PM

L is fully locked which will make horrible noises when doing slow manouvers, roll it all the way back near the c diff writing for fully open. Once out of auto this will show as the bottom green light on the dash, hope this helps

Tidgy 29 April 2016 09:05 PM

as above, normal all the way to low indication, then if weather really pants (snow and ice) wind it forward a tad.

Peedee 29 April 2016 09:07 PM

If the switch is in 'auto', does the position of the 'c diff' switch matter? I.e does it make a difference as its already 'automatic'

banny sti 29 April 2016 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Peedee (Post 11827153)
If the switch is in 'auto', does the position of the other switch matter?

Nope makes no difference :thumb:

Peedee 29 April 2016 09:12 PM

Cool, so as that picture stands now, it's in 'auto' mode and the car is deciding how best to use the diff, right?

InTurbo 29 April 2016 09:17 PM

I use open around town parking and manoeuvres, And auto 90% of the time for sprited driving.
I've done some playing around with the other settings, I personally find the car feels more stable on the higher setting but with heavier steering and less inclined to turn tighter corners.
And the opposit on the lower setting, a looser steering feel and will move around at the back out of corners, But you need a boot load of throttle to get this to happen.

If you weave the car side to side while moving the C.Dif wheel front to back you can feel the effects on the steering weight.

kingofturds 29 April 2016 09:23 PM

I tend to keep mine closed except for parking.

Peedee 29 April 2016 09:25 PM

Interesting. My diff seems to clunk when I'm turning at very low speeds I.e parking manoeuvres.

bustaMOVEs 29 April 2016 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by InTurbo (Post 11827160)
I use open around town parking and manoeuvres, And auto 90% of the time for sprited driving.
I've done some playing around with the other settings, I personally find the car feels more stable on the higher setting but with heavier steering and less inclined to turn tighter corners.
And the opposit on the lower setting, a looser steering feel and will move around at the back out of corners, But you need a boot load of throttle to get this to happen.

If you weave the car side to side while moving the C.Dif wheel front to back you can feel the effects on the steering weight.

Yep as the fronts will be doing some work, knock it back and it will feel lighter again, on track it will help correct the front by ending forward very slightly till the grip is good.
It's a good feature as you can dial out under steer/oversteer too.
I use mine fully back on road and if wet or racing etc, knock it forward 1-2 notches, never go to near fully forward as I hate the sound and clucking, also I don't think it's good to have fully toward if not on snow.

InTurbo 29 April 2016 09:40 PM

Yeah I don't use lock, that's a sure way of messing up the diffs on a high traction surface.

bustaMOVEs 29 April 2016 09:53 PM

I suppose on drag strip fully forward won't hurt till you off the line :)

domino46 30 April 2016 07:13 AM

Gets even more interesting and complicated in the hatchback , as it has auto and manual but also has auto plus and auto minus setting for more front or rear bias depending where you want most of the traction , still getting used to playing with it as feels loads different to my hawk lol

ZANY 30 April 2016 08:34 AM

Thx guys

Superb and very knowledgable info thanks guys much appreciated exactly what I wanted to know:thumb:

Hawkeye D 30 April 2016 09:37 AM

Mine is always in auto apart from parking or pulling out of tight junctions.
Then it's in manual with the control wheel turned like the pic above, so the green O is lit up at the very bottom of the dashboard display.