ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   Downpipe help (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/1037648-downpipe-help.html)

Mustoe91 26 April 2016 08:45 PM

Downpipe help

Recently put a toyo sport down pipe on my newage blob and it's rubbing on what I think is my steering colloum, when I'm driving and turn the wheels there's a rubbing feeling coming through the steering wheel but when static no feeling what so ever wheel turns freely

Has anyone had this problem and how did you solve it ? As I'm all out of ideas

gazney101 26 April 2016 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mustoe91 (Post 11825751)
Recently put a toyo sport down pipe on my newage blob and it's rubbing on what I think is my steering colloum, when I'm driving and turn the wheels there's a rubbing feeling coming through the steering wheel but when static no feeling what so ever wheel turns freely

Has anyone had this problem and how did you solve it ? As I'm all out of ideas

Mate toyosport products are complete rubbish, you're best off removing it and fitting a decent quality one, if its making contact with the steering column there's only one thing for it.... Cutting and welding. it shouldnt be anywhere near close enough to touch it.

Mustoe91 26 April 2016 09:12 PM

What type would you recommend ? Tried to order a japspeed one to fit onto my japspeed exhaust but they were out of stock, just extremely annoying

bigh221 26 April 2016 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mustoe91 (Post 11825776)
What type would you recommend ? Tried to order a japspeed one to fit onto my japspeed exhaust but they were out of stock, just extremely annoying

Try Haywood and Scott, bit more expensive but excellent 👍

gazney101 26 April 2016 09:30 PM

Japspeed stuff isn't much better mate tbh, it's OK in some respects.
As said Hayward and Scott, miltek, scooby world, Scooby clinic, RCM.
I'm sure mattybr5 on here will have some good used ones in stock for a fraction of the rrp and a good used one will be far better than a cheapo chines **** new one. I've learned the hard way as well lol

Mustoe91 26 April 2016 10:00 PM

I only bought the toyosport as Matty never had one lol, lesson well and truly learnt here buy cheap buy twice, looks like i will be on the look out for one now but in the mean time is there any way of sorting it so doesn't hit the sterling colloum as it can't be good

Gambit 27 April 2016 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mustoe91 (Post 11825818)
I only bought the toyosport as Matty never had one lol, lesson well and truly learnt here buy cheap buy twice, looks like i will be on the look out for one now but in the mean time is there any way of sorting it so doesn't hit the sterling colloum as it can't be good

lump hammer

rb5 stu 27 April 2016 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Gambit (Post 11826047)
lump hammer

Subtle. lol