ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   A45 owners input ..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/1037343-a45-owners-input.html)

Wish 18 April 2016 09:59 PM

A45 owners input .....

I've got a golf clubsport on order, sold my last car thinking the Clubsport would arrive in January ... Little did I know I would still be waiting for the bloody car all these months later. Apparently I won't see it anytime soon

So my eyes have been wandering. Fancy a A45 but keep finding mixed reviews. Any owners on here ? Want are your thoughts on the car ?

Dan_Turism0 19 April 2016 09:18 AM

I recently detailed one for a client, sounds lovely but I personally wasn't a fan of the seating position for street use.
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...07764120_o.jpg
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...59175988_o.jpg

Scooby-Mark 19 April 2016 10:02 AM

I had my new A45 delivered last Wednesday by the lease company (Ordered beginning of Jan, Wait is normal for a car being built to spec, 12-16 weeks)

Anyway, absolutely love it !! Still running it in but even so its is awesome.

Regarding the seating position I went for the Premium pack (Electric memory seats, Glass panoramic roof, Harmon Kardon sound system, Keyless entry & start) mainly because I want the Harmon Kardon kit but you can only get it as part of the pack now. I find the seats really comfortable and very adjustable, very useful to have the memory positions too.

Plus the exhaust upgrade is a must, that exhaust note especially in sport+ mode is fantastic and a bargain at £510 !!

Littleted 19 April 2016 11:10 AM

loved mine wish i hadn't got rid to be honest, but i wasn't using it.
If you get the remap done the car becomes nasty and fast totally differing beast.

I also had Red as above sniff....
there are a lot of cars in this ballpark but most are VAG, and up north there a theifs paradise loads near me getting nicked, masked men smashing down doors i just couldn't live knowing that may or may not happen, at least with the 45 your pretty safe from the VAG thieves

so far near me weve seen 3 Golf Rs go 1 S3 and loads of VRS skodas, no idea what there doing with em all, possibly stripping them down...

Wish 19 April 2016 06:24 PM

I want a newer shape one, and in red if I can find it.

People moan they understeer like a bitch .... And they generally don't handle well. Any conformation from owners here ?

Shaun 22 April 2016 07:53 PM

Absolute utter bollocks!

Anyone who says they understeer "like a bitch" hasn't got the foggiest in what they're talking about. Does it understeer.... of course it does, it's either FWD or AWD with a front bias. Most cars nowadays show understeer, even RWD ones! Ha

These cars are quick.... very quick. The fact is most people will be ploughing way too fast into a bend, which in reality is because they're trying to carry way too much speed into the bend. Slow down and as soon as you clip that apex, nail the throttle..... it will soon get you round with no dramas. They have a lot of front end grip.

Take one for a drive and then tell me if you agree it understeers like a bitch. ;)

On the roads, it handles easily as well as my previous Subarus..... they love twisty B roads and eat them for breakfast. Not much will keep up with one imo.

Shaun 22 April 2016 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And they look as "fat as fook" on the road, especially when they're either the Face Lift version, or the pre-FL that has been updated (like I've done) with the rear FL kit. :D

Attachment 35143

Wish 22 April 2016 09:09 PM

Looks fantastic !

Shaun 23 April 2016 08:37 AM

Had mine just over a year mate, and not regretted getting out of Subaru one tiny bit.

Get a test drive in one!

jukebox 23 April 2016 09:09 AM

What year did they have face lift from ?

Wish 23 April 2016 09:47 AM

Mid 2015 ....

b3nmw 23 April 2016 07:37 PM

Would love one £££££

RAGGY DOO 23 April 2016 09:00 PM

King 8f the hatcbacks

Scooby-Mark 29 April 2016 09:52 AM

Here is my new A45, just past 1000 miles and now seems a different animal :norty::norty:

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...fd2832b0e6.jpg

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...27575cb34a.jpg

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...e2c3faf7cc.jpg

Littleted 29 April 2016 10:28 AM

get a remap it gets nasty

Scooby-Mark 29 April 2016 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Littleted (Post 11826873)
get a remap it gets nasty

I am leasing it through my company so I probably can't :cry::cry:

steve05wrx 29 April 2016 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Scooby-Mark (Post 11826874)
I am leasing it through my company so I probably can't :cry::cry:

You can - just don't tell them!

Shaun 29 April 2016 02:02 PM

I good remap will totally transform it. Do it or GTFO!

Shaun 29 April 2016 02:06 PM

Gives a good overview of what the A45 is all about.

Understeers like a pig. As if! :D

jukebox 30 April 2016 08:02 AM

Whats the CLA45 like Shaun, re mapping.

fat-thomas 30 April 2016 08:25 AM

That video just shows how much subaru have lost their way.

LSherratt 30 April 2016 01:46 PM

I stopped watching that video at around 10 minutes when they binned off the Subaru. They specifically said that would get rid of the ones that they didn't find fun as that's what these cars are all about. When testing on track they basically said how great it was to drive and how track focused it is. Yet when it came to binning it off, they said that it hasn't changed since the 90s and that it needed an overhaul; that was their reason for binning it :freak3:

I couldn't really care less but it didn't seem a fair reason to dismiss it which makes you question the whole test.

fat-thomas 30 April 2016 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11827338)
I stopped watching that video at around 10 minutes when they binned off the Subaru. They specifically said that would get rid of the ones that they didn't find fun as that's what these cars are all about. When testing on track they basically said how great it was to drive and how track focused it is. Yet when it came to binning it off, they said that it hasn't changed since the 90s and that it needed an overhaul; that was their reason for binning it :freak3:

I couldn't really care less but it didn't seem a fair reason to dismiss it which makes you question the whole test.

I'd say a car that is basically the same for 20 years is a very good reason to bin it off.
Take a look or drive in an a45 and you will see its streets ahead with its flappy paddle box and other luxuries and electronics and more importantly is faster

dpb 30 April 2016 03:44 PM

Subaru has always been an agricultural vehicle !

at least outside of wrc , and little boys imagination

Shaun 30 April 2016 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by jukebox (Post 11827241)
Whats the CLA45 like Shaun, re mapping.

Exactly the same as the A45 mate. Goes like a stabbed rat once remapped.

Boyakasha 02 May 2016 03:02 PM

So A45 almost wins every round and they choose the FRS, I smell a rat!

PS I had the original A45 and couldn't live with the terrible gearbox, hesitant when pulling away unless you booted it, made it quite dangerous at times when pulling out of junctions and onto roundabouts. The FL seems to have cured this issue now.

Saxo Boy 02 May 2016 04:14 PM

Because most wins are marginal and the RS is regarded almost universally in the motoring press as the more thrilling drive (albeit, A45 runs it quite close). The crucial factor is price; if the RS was £40,000 the AMG would win the test, no questions.

I personally am quite an "options happy" chap, I can't help myself. I played around with the A45 configurator and was closing in on £50k. I appreciate you can get some discount to bring that back down somewhat, but even at £40-45k you have strayed into a territory where, for me, a hot-hatch just can't cut it.

ditchmyster 02 May 2016 05:04 PM

The test to me sounds like most should save a shed load of cash and go for the megan, if it's a thrilling drive you're after.

Saxo Boy 02 May 2016 08:24 PM

Almost £5k for the exhaust and dampers!!!! Even more if you add the other stuff they had in the test.

fat-thomas 02 May 2016 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Boyakasha (Post 11828034)
So A45 almost wins every round and they choose the FRS, I smell a rat!

PS I had the original A45 and couldn't live with the terrible gearbox, hesitant when pulling away unless you booted it, made it quite dangerous at times when pulling out of junctions and onto roundabouts. The FL seems to have cured this issue now.

The fix was a software upgrade available for pre fl cars too.
Like all semi automatics it's still not great like reverse parking facing uphill ..... eek