ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   Alcatek Software? (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/1037290-alcatek-software.html)

Power Junkie 17 April 2016 01:21 PM

Alcatek Software?

Hi all, any ideas where I can get the Alcatek software? I have tried contacting them direct but no response.
I just need to Change the setup from a UK to jdm so I can get started. Happy to buy it for the future, I'm not going to try map myself ;) don't worry.

Thanks

banny sti 17 April 2016 03:40 PM

Can only get it direct from Andy Leech as its coded to the ecu, so good luck with that...

JGlanzaV 17 April 2016 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 11822042)
Can only get it direct from Andy Leech as its coded to the ecu, so good luck with that...

Yep. More chance of me ****ting out a couple of gold bars.....

Power Junkie 17 April 2016 05:44 PM

I would rather have it so no issues when it get installed. I have tried getting in contact again so wait and see.

JGlanzaV 17 April 2016 06:02 PM

You obviously didnt read the two posts above LOL!

You wont get a response, so dont hold your breath.

Like I said, you have more chance of pigs flying, me ****ting gold bars on command, the earth been flat, alcazar knowing more about engines than Paul Finch, you get the idea...

Power Junkie 17 April 2016 06:21 PM

Ah OK, so will any mapper be able to do anything?

Turbovin 17 April 2016 06:27 PM

Are they really that horrible? I have an old Simtek that I would like to have upgraded and also have AVCS control added as I have a newly built JDM STI 2.1 stroker engine going into my Type R. Not really any mappers here in Sweden that would help it go any faster either so I would have to deal with them directly.

Would it just be better to go Syvecs then?

sprigeteer 17 April 2016 06:51 PM

If I had my time again I would not get Alcatek, not because of functionality, but because of the communications. Go elsewhere if you can and perhaps chat to a reputable mapper for pointers. It's easier to get a straight answer out of the PM than it is Mr Leech.

JGlanzaV 17 April 2016 07:01 PM

Just go for a syvecs, again not for functionality but for the fact that their customer service is better, in that they actually answer emails and dont take forever to repair, upgrade/replace anything

joe v3sti 17 April 2016 07:21 PM

Alcatek is a brilliant ecu, very capable. Problem is, if you have an issue, your on your todd

Power Junkie 17 April 2016 08:05 PM

They just responded to my facebook message with all the information I needed :) I will be ordering the dongle then software is download.

veerinder9 17 April 2016 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Power Junkie (Post 11822139)
They just responded to my facebook message with all the information I needed :) I will be ordering the dongle then software is download.

Very lucky guy

Power Junkie 17 April 2016 09:51 PM

Lucky I'm not in any rush, I just want everything in place before installing and then having it mapped.

bludgod 18 April 2016 11:11 AM

which facebook account did you use - i've tried messaging them before quite a few times and never had a response :(

Power Junkie 18 April 2016 05:58 PM

Just the alcatek page. Answered twice in one evening :)

bustaMOVEs 18 April 2016 07:32 PM

Or best bet it going to a alcatek dealer as I hear through the grape vine Andy has a secret number to which he answers instantly.
The alcatek 'supplier' don't have an issue of getting it.

MartijnvH 12 July 2018 06:36 PM

Alcatek software

does anyone has the alcatek software still on their PC?
i am looking for the software to remap our Alcatek ecu
looking forward who could help us

nufctoon 13 August 2018 10:22 PM

i could do with this too if anyone has any links or any info (near impossible i bet as they have gone awol) but never say never

nelio 23 June 2022 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by MartijnvH (Post 12018053)
does anyone has the alcatek software still on their PC?
i am looking for the software to remap our Alcatek ecu
looking forward who could help us

A bit late and I imagine you dont need it anymore mas I have it in CD.

Denyville23 STI 17 March 2023 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by nelio (Post 12122711)

Hey, do you still have it? I need a copy please

benike164 15 September 2023 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by nelio (Post 12122711)

Hello!
do you still have it?
I need a copy please, thank you!
benike164@gmail.com
It would be important.