ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Double prize on my Ultrasound (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1037270-double-prize-on-my-ultrasound.html)

pimmo2000 16 April 2016 09:12 PM

Double prize on my Ultrasound

1 Attachment(s)
Suffering for 17 years now with "IBS" I've had a discomfort in my side for just over two weeks and thought sod it, I'll get a scan.

The results are attached .. I need to get an appointment with my GP to talk it through but wondered if anyone could shed any light?

:Suspiciou lot's of conflicting stuff online.

Jer 16 April 2016 10:59 PM

No easy way to break this Pimmo but...

you have blue screened.

Shax 17 April 2016 05:04 AM

Sorry to hear dude but hope it's all minor n sorts out easily

wrx300scooby 17 April 2016 08:15 AM

Hope you get it all sorted mate. At least your Prostate looks normal unlike mine did:thumb:

mart360 17 April 2016 08:52 AM

A couple of polyps in the Gall bladder,

And some collapsed cysts in a kidney

Rescan on the polyps in a few months to see if there growing,,,,

I'm no doctor, but i'd say you were pregnant :D

Mart :D:D

sivo 17 April 2016 09:11 AM

Polyps are growths from the lining of the gall bladder, usually not anything to worry about but they will keep an eye on them.
Anoechoic means that the cysts are absorbing the sound waves so probably filled with fluid.
Cysts are pockets of fluid air or pus.
Ibs wouldn't normally be diagnosed with ultrasound.
Dr might consider endoscopy to look into your colon.

I'm not a doctor but I believe the above to be factually correct. ;)

Siv

wayne9t9 17 April 2016 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by mart360 (Post 11821902)

I'm no doctor, but i'd say you were pregnant :D

Mart :D:D

Reading the title I thought it was twins.

pimmo2000 17 April 2016 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by sivo (Post 11821904)
Polyps are growths from the lining of the gall bladder, usually not anything to worry about but they will keep an eye on them.
Anoechoic means that the cysts are absorbing the sound waves so probably filled with fluid.
Cysts are pockets of fluid air or pus.
Ibs wouldn't normally be diagnosed with ultrasound.
Dr might consider endoscopy to look into your colon.

I'm not a doctor but I believe the above to be factually correct. ;)

Siv

Aye the IBS is long standing, this was to check the pains weren't being caused by anything else.

I've spoken with a doctor (online) don't worry still going to see my own tomorrow, but he said nothing to worry about at all. In fact the sizes mean he wouldnt even been monitoring them, just get on with life and forget them. I won't and I'll get scanned again to confirm they aren't growing, but that's quite a positive response, so I feel better for it.

hodgy0_2 17 April 2016 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by wayne9t9 (Post 11821946)
Reading the title I thought it was twins.

Yes, me too

Turbohot 17 April 2016 10:53 PM

Hey, Pimms. Have you got any stress or your life is as picture perfect as many people here with ample wealth and fulfilling family relations? Prior can potentially trigger and sustain IBS. Bad diet and allergies to dairy products etc. are to be watched, too. Good luck, man.

Kaeo 18 April 2016 12:31 AM

It's likely you'll have your gall bladder removed. It's not a major major operation and almost always goes successfully. As for your kidneys, well, that could range from majorly boring to extremely serious. Good luck!

pimmo2000 18 April 2016 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11822208)
Hey, Pimms. Have you got any stress or your life is as picture perfect as many people here with ample wealth and fulfilling family relations? Prior can potentially trigger and sustain IBS. Bad diet and allergies to dairy products etc. are to be watched, too. Good luck, man.

Always a bit of stress, mine appears to be mostly diet though, on the FODmaps now and seeing a huge improvement.

Originally Posted by Kaeo (Post 11822233)
It's likely you'll have your gall bladder removed. It's not a major major operation and almost always goes successfully. As for your kidneys, well, that could range from majorly boring to extremely serious. Good luck!

Doctor said it's not even worth checking up on, they are not and never will be a problem :thumb:

Turbohot 18 April 2016 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 11822419)
Always a bit of stress, mine appears to be mostly diet though, on the FODmaps now and seeing a huge improvement

Well done and pleased to know that, P. :) Some people reduce or even eliminate their IBS symptoms just by going gluten-free.

fatscoobfella1 20 April 2016 09:11 PM

What are FOD maps?

Suffer from IBS myself although its being very good at the moment... But when its bad,things aint pretty..

Turbohot 21 April 2016 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by fatscoobfella1 (Post 11823311)
What are FOD maps?

Suffer from IBS myself although its being very good at the moment... But when its bad,things aint pretty..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FODMAP

If you Google FODMAP, you'll find loads of info on what the IBS sufferers should eat and what they should avoid.

pimmo2000 21 April 2016 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by fatscoobfella1 (Post 11823311)
What are FOD maps?

I had beetroot weekend before last and good god ...

The fodmaps are basically sugars in most things, you have to really limit your food for a while to find a baseline, but in theory over time and with a lot of effort you can work out exactly what impacts you.:thumb: