ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   Eculabs... Anyone using it? (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/1036990-eculabs-anyone-using-it.html)

786evo8 08 April 2016 09:48 PM

Eculabs... Anyone using it?

Hi guys,

I've got a my99 ecu and want to try mapping it myself. Most people with my car have gone down the ecutek route but this is locked. Standalone ecus are more expensive...

I've stumbled across eculabs in old forum posts but nothing recent. Anyone still using this? Looks like JGM (rip) use to map them but now only mocom racing in Essex use them....?

Any feed back or other options would be good.

Cheers...

banny sti 08 April 2016 11:16 PM

Andrew Carr was looking into this but dont know if he actually offered it, might be worth contacting him

bigsigh 09 April 2016 07:35 AM

I think Pete (Bludgod) has played with it , maybe able to offer his thoughts

joe v3sti 09 April 2016 10:27 PM

Speak to Andrew Carr

euan_r 10 April 2016 10:36 AM

I've got one but cars still in bits so haven't used. Price for functions was no brainer.

You have to send your ecu off to get modified. Its Emmanuel on 22b.com that's owner/developer.

There is support forum where you can ask him questions about using the functions. For the most part your just changing the standard tables which is common across whatever platform is used.

I started learning through mapping my later forester using ecuflash&romraider which there is a lot more discussion and info about. It all generic though and there's lots to read and understand before the actually mapping.

Then you start and come up with loads more questions to find out about. You learn pretty soon about heatsoak too whilst fiddling map at either end of your test road.

bustaMOVEs 10 April 2016 05:45 PM

As said andrew carr does them, also esl have them in testing currently for v5/6 so should be out soon which is easier for diy mapping

bludgod 11 April 2016 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by bigsigh (Post 11818876)
I think Pete (Bludgod) has played with it , maybe able to offer his thoughts

yes i've had a little tinker, generally seems decent enough. As has been said already it just allows you access to the existing standard tables so in terms of what needs changing it's a very similar process to the early newage cars - a lot of the info on romraider will carry across without too much thought. Plus you get the ability to live tune which will save you tons of timing flashing little changes to see the results.

If your planning on having a go yourself make sure and get a decent wideband sensor with a big ass gauge you can look at whilst your driving or ideally find a buddy who can drive the car for you so you can focus on the laptop.

The price is really quite good, but the forum seems to be a little lacking any time I've popped on so I think you'd be reliant on email support from them directly if you ran into any big problems.