ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   pricing up a small spraying job (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1036952-pricing-up-a-small-spraying-job.html)

SwissTony 07 April 2016 01:55 PM

pricing up a small spraying job

I know its difficlut to price exactly but I have a few small parts that need painting and was keen to get a rough price guide from anyone so at least when I go to a bodyshop I can be prepared. Have a brand new P1 splitter in PU from HT Autos, some 22B bonnet vents, bonnet scoop which has some paint flake and some wing mirrors .

cheers :thumb:

Paben 07 April 2016 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 11818274)
I know its difficlut to price exactly but I have a few small parts that need painting and was keen to get a rough price guide from anyone so at least when I go to a bodyshop I can be prepared. Have a brand new P1 splitter in PU from HT Autos, some 22B bonnet vents, bonnet scoop which has some paint flake and some wing mirrors .

cheers :thumb:

Go waving pound notes, sure to make a difference!

SwissTony 07 April 2016 02:11 PM

dont worry pound notes will be waved just wondering on a rough guide.
Me personally for a half decent job I would expect to pay £170 , is that about fair as all parts are removed from the car already.

BrownPantsRacing 07 April 2016 02:15 PM

Your're quite local to Aylesbury are you not Tony?

If so, go see Jimmy at Gatehouse Motor Craft. He's brilliant, known him for years and can do a cash job sometimes. :)

http://www.gatehousemotorcraft.co.uk/contact.html

BrownPantsRacing 07 April 2016 02:16 PM

I'd say that was a fair price for already stripped parts.

wrx300scooby 07 April 2016 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 11818285)

Got to agree it sounds about right to me too.

SwissTony 07 April 2016 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 11818284)
Your're quite local to Aylesbury are you not Tony?

If so, go see Jimmy at Gatehouse Motor Craft. He's brilliant, known him for years and can do a cash job sometimes. :)

http://www.gatehousemotorcraft.co.uk/contact.html

I am indeed mate, I have a contact down in Marlow who I might see but will also have a look at the ayeslbury guy, not a million miles away :thumb:

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 11818285)

I think so :thumb:

Originally Posted by wrx300scooby (Post 11818289)
Got to agree it sounds about right to me too.

Good to hear

Recovery Ray 07 April 2016 02:25 PM

I think your about right with between £150-£200, depending on the prep involved!.

maybe you could supply paint to bring price down?.

SwissTony 07 April 2016 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Recovery Ray (Post 11818294)
I think your about right with between £150-£200, depending on the prep involved!.

maybe you could supply paint to bring price down?.

I think my price is a good guess without supplying stuff like paint unless I have to supply the coffee ;)

scoobyjunky 07 April 2016 08:36 PM

I just payed £200 for front bumper bonnet scoop plus splitter bloke has done quite a bit for me great colour match to

SwissTony 07 April 2016 09:10 PM

Thats a good price and makes me think my guess is spot on.
cheers

mickywrx 08 April 2016 08:40 PM

I payed £500 for rear arches cut out and replaced, and splitter, sideskirts, bootlid all painted.

Paulo P 09 April 2016 09:38 PM

Have you spoken to Lee for a quote yet? Your price above doesn't sound a million miles away, you shouldn't be paying more than a couple of hundred.

SwissTony 11 April 2016 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Paulo P (Post 11819122)
Have you spoken to Lee for a quote yet? Your price above doesn't sound a million miles away, you shouldn't be paying more than a couple of hundred.

I have indeed called him, last week but he is a bit busy for a week so I need to go down there with the parts so he can price up the job. Hopefully it is about right for the cost

Ian 12 April 2016 04:50 PM

i have been looking for a price for a boot lid and small lip spoiler, and the cheapest price i have found so far near to me is £230

Darrell@Scoobyworx 05 July 2016 02:36 PM

If i was doing it it would be around £280

Materials are not too bad but adhesion promoter/plastic primer is required for a good long lasting job on the splitter etc. Wing mirrors need stripping down to the covers only also to do them right.

I will add though i don't do budget priced paint work so im sure you will find somebody who will do it for around £200-£225 and around my neck of the woods some people would do it for £150 but the quality wouldn't be great and neither would the prep work.

cookstar 05 July 2016 02:41 PM

If you're quite close to Aylesbury you could try West Herts Customs. Based in Dunstable. Check my type R project thread for examples of their work. 👍

jaygsi 05 July 2016 06:32 PM

Do you do rear arches?

Originally Posted by Darrell@Scoobyworx
If i was doing it it would be around £280

Materials are not too bad but adhesion promoter/plastic primer is required for a good long lasting job on the splitter etc. Wing mirrors need stripping down to the covers only also to do them right.

I will add though i don't do budget priced paint work so im sure you will find somebody who will do it for around £200-£225 and around my neck of the woods some people would do it for £150 but the quality wouldn't be great and neither would the prep work.

Darrell@Scoobyworx 05 July 2016 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11855428)
Do you do rear arches?

Yes mate we do, how bad are they

SwissTony 06 July 2016 08:55 AM

Got it all done for £250 in the end , smashing job and hats off to Lee , he knows his stuff and recommend him any day

jaygsi 09 July 2016 11:22 PM

Passenger side isn't very visible but you can see it's started rusting if you look under arch. Drivers side has rusted though about 3 inch wide 1 half inch tall. Can send pics if needed.

Originally Posted by Darrell@Scoobyworx
Yes mate we do, how bad are they

Darrell@Scoobyworx 10 July 2016 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11857001)
Passenger side isn't very visible but you can see it's started rusting if you look under arch. Drivers side has rusted though about 3 inch wide 1 half inch tall. Can send pics if needed.

Email me some pics mate :)

jaygsi 10 July 2016 01:05 PM

Will do cheers