ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   Toad ai606 and my central locking (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/1036813-toad-ai606-and-my-central-locking.html)

Kam B 04 April 2016 11:59 AM

Toad ai606 and my central locking

Gents,

Is it a common fault with these? On my Type R it had no alarm or passenger/central locking so it had a new alarm fitted along with a motor, all was working well until the other day where I cant open the car with my alarm fob...

It doesnt lock/unlock upon arming/disarming but my central locking works perfect when locking and unlocking with the key.

I have dropped the fitter an email but thought i would ask here too

Cheers

MR_TOAD_INSTALLER 05 April 2016 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kam B (Post 11816876)
Gents,

Is it a common fault with these? On my Type R it had no alarm or passenger/central locking so it had a new alarm fitted along with a motor, all was working well until the other day where I cant open the car with my alarm fob...

It doesnt lock/unlock upon arming/disarming but my central locking works perfect when locking and unlocking with the key.

I have dropped the fitter an email but thought i would ask here too

Cheers

Hi Mate

Sounds motor rod has come loose in drivers door
as alarm guy to check it out for you

Ian

Kam B 06 April 2016 10:05 AM

Thanks, I will take a look myself when I get it back and report back :)

MR_TOAD_INSTALLER 06 April 2016 04:09 PM

Ok mate

Kam B 18 April 2016 01:39 PM

Checked motor rods on both sides, checked all cabling in and out the motors and all were in tact. Is this pointing towards the Toad unit?

MR_TOAD_INSTALLER 19 April 2016 06:20 PM

Ok then check the fuse for the central locking both red/blue and red yellow need to have 12v on
Ian

Kam B 26 April 2016 04:15 PM

it was the fuse! To what I assume was going to the toad brain.

cheers for the pointers ;)

edsel 26 April 2016 08:03 PM

Sorry to hijack your post...

Question for Mr Toad. I have an ai606 that auto locks the door, the ******* has locked me out of the car twice now. Once at a car wash and another time in the pit lane at Brands Hatch.
I'm sick of carrying two fobs each time I take the car out in case I casually slam the door whilst the engine is running. Is there a way of disabling this feature?

Cheers

MR_TOAD_INSTALLER 27 April 2016 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by edsel (Post 11825726)
Sorry to hijack your post...

Question for Mr Toad. I have an ai606 that auto locks the door, the ******* has locked me out of the car twice now. Once at a car wash and another time in the pit lane at Brands Hatch.
I'm sick of carrying two fobs each time I take the car out in case I casually slam the door whilst the engine is running. Is there a way of disabling this feature?

Cheers

Ok one thing is i believe your interior light curcuit is nor working on your drivers door as if it was it would disable autolock when it sees it open
Do you have the pin code for the alarm as it can be disabled

Ian

edsel 27 April 2016 07:30 PM

Thanks for the reply, now you mention it, I did have a few months with a faulty courtesy light switch. Its been replaced since.
Unless I'm having a senior moment I'm sure it locks soon after the key is turned. I have the codes and paperwork.

MR_TOAD_INSTALLER 28 April 2016 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by edsel (Post 11826122)
Thanks for the reply, now you mention it, I did have a few months with a faulty courtesy light switch. Its been replaced since.
Unless I'm having a senior moment I'm sure it locks soon after the key is turned. I have the codes and paperwork.

Yes it will lock providing the doors are shut it can be turned off
Ian