ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Thwaite's developments racing (TDR) (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1036653-thwaites-developments-racing-tdr.html)

Ben91 30 March 2016 08:27 AM

Thwaite's developments racing (TDR)

Just thought I would post this up to see if anyone has used TDR and if so what they think because I have used TDR for many different things including tuning my impreza and they areally brilliant really good customer service a spotless workshop he is always trying his best to help and please customers and I think he is one of the best mappers in the country and should be a lot bigger in this community

CharlesTuna 30 March 2016 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ben91 (Post 11814839)
Just thought I would post this up to see if anyone has used TDR and if so what they think because I have used TDR for many different things including tuning my impreza and they areally brilliant really good customer service a spotless workshop he is always trying his best to help and please customers and I think he is one of the best mappers in the country and should be a lot bigger in this community

Been using TDR since 2007, now on my 3rd Wagon that TDR has looked after and always been pleased with work done suggestions moving forward . . .currently have a forged 2.1 sat at TDR waiting for turbo housing to be ceramic coated then should be time to get it fitted :)

BUG4LIFE 20 May 2018 04:21 PM

Thought I’d resurrect this thread from a few years ago!

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with TDR lately as I’m looking for a place to service etc my Forester STi?

Cheers.

Dave Y 20 May 2018 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by BUG4LIFE (Post 12010626)

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with TDR lately as I’m looking for a place to service etc my Forester STi?

Cheers.

You will not go wrong using TDR

Pete 20 May 2018 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by BUG4LIFE (Post 12010626)

Cheers.

My Classic RA is there with them now, just so easy to deal with and believe me nothing is too much trouble for them, I don’t usually do BIG UP posts but they’re very very good.

PS, very busy currently too, I counted 13 Imprezas there. Lol

Pete

bonesetter 20 May 2018 06:37 PM

Top experience with Mark and the lads. I've used TDR since 2007 for 4 different scooby's

All engine work and anything else for that matter including mapping which Mark has carried out twice. Cars have driven spot on afterwards

Had a engine refresh and HG job done on my Forester STi. The engine bay and engine looked newer than what it did before. Not a single sign anyone had even had a spanner on a bolt head

Nothing pushy, no BS, reasonable pricing and top work from someone who knows Scooby's inside out

the shreksta 20 May 2018 06:54 PM

another thumbs up from me for tdr, mark and tony are honest as they come. they wont rip you off nor would they sell you something you don't need.

when marks rolling road is back up and running I think I will be getting him to map my car.

bonesetter 20 May 2018 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12010638)
another thumbs up from me for tdr, mark and tony are honest as they come. they wont rip you off nor would they sell you something you don't need.

when marks rolling road is back up and running I think I will be getting him to map my car.

This is so true Shreksta - unlike a recent experience I had elswhere which is something that doesn't sit well at all

TDR is a no stress experience - Mark takes on the stress for you :)

fpan 20 May 2018 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 12010631)
My Classic RA is there with them now, just so easy to deal with and believe me nothing is too much trouble for them, I don’t usually do BIG UP posts but they’re very very good.

PS, very busy currently too, I counted 13 Imprezas there. Lol

Pete

I saw it on Friday, it looks mint! :D:thumb:

My hatch will be serviced there when it is registered.

the shreksta 20 May 2018 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by bonesetter (Post 12010641)
This is so true Shreksta - unlike a recent experience I had elswhere which is something that doesn't sit well at all

TDR is a no stress experience - Mark takes on the stress for you :)

oh dear.....do tell

Dave Y 20 May 2018 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12010638)

Have they given a date for that ?

the shreksta 20 May 2018 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Y (Post 12010644)
Have they given a date for that ?

I spoke with mark week before last and he said the part has been ordered,all he said was that he was hoping within the next few weeks.

we should have a rolling road day down there at some point me thinks

Dave Y 20 May 2018 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12010645)
I spoke with mark week before last and he said the part has been ordered,all he said was that he was hoping within the next few weeks.

we should have a rolling road day down there at some point me thinks

Good idea.
Try and get Mark to open on a Saturday

the shreksta 20 May 2018 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Y (Post 12010653)
Good idea.
Try and get Mark to open on a Saturday

Blood from a stone springs to mind lol

bonesetter 20 May 2018 08:11 PM

Mark phoned me at 4.15 last Saturday and he was just finishing my car, so he does do Saturdays

the shreksta 20 May 2018 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by bonesetter (Post 12010663)
Mark phoned me at 4.15 last Saturday and he was just finishing my car, so he does do Saturdays

Perhaps it all depends on work load then. Next time I'm there I will ask about a meet/rolling road day

Pete 20 May 2018 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by fpan (Post 12010642)
I saw it on Friday, it looks mint! :D:thumb:

My hatch will be serviced there when it is registered.

That’s kind of you thanks, means a lot that :thumb:

Ok, it’s got a few chips etc but it is very clean and the main thing ROT free, dreading my bill though :lol1::lol1:

scooby2.5maz 20 May 2018 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12010664)
Perhaps it all depends on work load then. Next time I'm there I will ask about a meet/rolling road day

mark is waiting on new software i believe for the dyno :thumb:.

maz

fpan 20 May 2018 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 12010666)
That’s kind of you thanks, means a lot that :thumb:

Ok, it’s got a few chips etc but it is very clean and the main thing ROT free, dreading my bill though :lol1::lol1:

Yes the arches look like it has just come out of the factory! I've got a couple of pics of it in my phone :)

Did you import it recently?

Pete 20 May 2018 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by fpan (Post 12010670)
Yes the arches look like it has just come out of the factory! I've got a couple of pics of it in my phone :)

Did you import it recently?

Bought if from a cracking dealership who imported into the country :thumb:

My list is as follows. Lol

Simtek ECU
Turbo Back Hayward & Scott Exhaust
Fuel Pump
Plugs
HT Leads
Underside clear coated
Manifold painted factory red
New Momo Steering wheel
Private Plate
Stock BOV
Cam belt
Service

£££££££ :eek: :lol1:

Oh, forget, I’m getting 4 new tyres too when I get it back home

fpan 21 May 2018 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 12010671)
Bought if from a cracking dealership who imported into the country :thumb:

My list is as follows. Lol

Simtek ECU
Turbo Back Hayward & Scott Exhaust
Fuel Pump
Plugs
HT Leads
Underside clear coated
Manifold painted factory red
New Momo Steering wheel
Private Plate
Stock BOV
Cam belt
Service

£££££££ :eek: :lol1:

Oh, forget, I’m getting 4 new tyres too when I get it back home

Nice list there :)
Who is doing the underside clear coating? I'd like to get this done as well.

BUG4LIFE 22 May 2018 03:43 PM

Thanks guys. Glad the reviews are so good. I’ll give them a bell as I got a few bits I need doing.

Pete 22 May 2018 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by fpan (Post 12010800)
Nice list there :)
Who is doing the underside clear coating? I'd like to get this done as well.

Yes a pricey list :lol1: they’re doing themselves :thumb:

Widetrack 24 May 2018 03:11 PM

Hello all. First post after lurking for years but hey, I had to come out of hiding in order to say that as a 45 year old bloke who’s been driving fast Suburus for the last 15 years, Mark is by far the most professional, knowledgeable, hard working and honest person in the motor trade I have ever had the pleasure to know.
I would not have anybody else touch my 05 Sti other than him and will travel any distance when work is required. I cannot recommend Mark/TDR highly enough. Bigup to Tony and Mike too! Thanks for helping produce a truly amazing car guys.

Ste333 25 May 2018 01:09 PM

Sold my subarus a fair while ago now... but when I had my wagon, and my later blob widetrack STI - Mark did pretty much all the work/tuning on both. And was spot on. A very friendly accommodating guy. Very knowledgeable too. Highly recommend TDR