ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   EASTER HOLS WEEKEND BEGINS!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1036486-easter-hols-weekend-begins.html)

Turbohot 24 March 2016 06:35 PM

EASTER HOLS WEEKEND BEGINS!!!

God, it feels great to finish early and just do f**k all afterwards, sometimes. :luvlove:

How about you lot? Are you now off until the bank holiday Monday, at least? :)

bustaMOVEs 24 March 2016 06:52 PM

You just finished?
I was back home for 2pm

Turbohot 24 March 2016 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11812948)
You just finished?
I was back home for 2pm

Lucky you! :)

To be honest, I felt quite 'holiday like' relaxed since my lunch time. My visual take of the water and dithering ducks from my peaceful spot was just so calming! I even slept better last night.

I even saw a rabbit, sticking its head out of its hole yesterday, on my same old lunch time wander! I tried to take its picture on my iPhone but it went in when I tried to get closer to it.

It really feels like Easter i.e. 'egg and chicken' like. :)

dpb 24 March 2016 07:03 PM

spend w/e dodging the weather , probably go back to work

Turbohot 24 March 2016 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11812954)
spend w/e dodging the weather , probably go back to work

You mean you or us?

Aren't you surfing this weekend, Duncan?

To be honest, I haven't looked at the weather forecast yet. :wonder:

Turbohot 24 March 2016 08:25 PM

I've just read about the mighty Storm Katie.

Even then, I'm going to enjoy my relaxing holiday. No Katie can come in my way and bar that.

Scooby.Newbie 24 March 2016 10:02 PM

Finished for the weekend, hope about 6pm. Is my little one's 5th birthday today, so been eating cake, playing games and letting her make me up.

Yep, the relative that bought her a make up set, will not be getting a Christmas card this year!

Weather rubbish, but short week then off on holiday next Friday :luxhello:

Torquemada 25 March 2016 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11812942)
God, it feels great to finish early and just do f**k all afterwards, sometimes. :luvlove:

How about you lot? Are you now off until the bank holiday Monday, at least? :)

I've lost all my bank holidays now that I'm over the pond...booo!

The weather is nice though....swings and roundabouts. :)

Scooby.Newbie 25 March 2016 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Torquemada (Post 11813067)

Is pouring with rain here, will swap you a swing for a roundabout!

Torquemada 25 March 2016 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Scooby.Newbie (Post 11813070)
Is pouring with rain here, will swap you a swing for a roundabout!

lol, no way! :) we skipped winter completely here, this year. There is the whole 'tornadoes that could kill you' thing but hey, I live in a little area which seems to be skipped by that stuff here. The thunderstorms are awesome though :)

andy97 25 March 2016 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11812952)
Lucky you! :)

To be honest, I felt quite 'holiday like' relaxed since my lunch time. My visual take of the water and dithering ducks from my peaceful spot was just so calming! I even slept better last night.

I even saw a rabbit, sticking its head out of its hole yesterday, on my same old lunch time wander! I tried to take its picture on my iPhone but it went in when I tried to get closer to it.

It really feels like Easter i.e. 'egg and chicken' like. :)

Metaphor? :D

JTaylor 25 March 2016 10:17 AM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...c0afdd90c.jpeg

Turbohot 25 March 2016 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Scooby.Newbie (Post 11813026)
Finished for the weekend, hope about 6pm. Is my little one's 5th birthday today, so been eating cake, playing games and letting her make me up.

Yep, the relative that bought her a make up set, will not be getting a Christmas card this year!

Weather rubbish, but short week then off on holiday next Friday :luxhello:

Happy birthday to your little one, S.N. Bet you can't wait for your holiday away next Fri. :)

Originally Posted by Torquemada (Post 11813067)

Oh, yes! They don't have a bank holidsys over there. I wonder what they do there, over Easter. Same as here? E.g. Choc eggs, choc eggs hunt etc.?

Turbohot 25 March 2016 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by andy97 (Post 11813110)
Metaphor? :D

Yeah. Metaphor to a new beginning, rebirth and feeling alive again. Days are getting lighter and slightly warmer, yellow daffodils are out. Feels good. :)

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11813134)

Great image, James. Happy Good Friday to you and other Christian folk on here, anywhere and everywhere. :)

JTaylor 25 March 2016 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11813152)
Great image, James. Happy Good Friday to you and other Christian folk on here, anywhere and everywhere. :)

Thanks, Swati. Xx

joz8968 25 March 2016 12:52 PM

Can't wait to tuck into hot x buns and choc eggs...... And get even more fatter LOL!

hodgy0_2 25 March 2016 02:47 PM

Well a after being confronted with a broken central heating system whe I got home last night (after a radiator move by the builders)

I have spent the last 5 hours fixing it - which I think I have done

But off on a cheeky ski holiday on Monday - the snow is pretty good in the Alps atm, and hopefully it will be sunny (and warmish) too

dpb 25 March 2016 07:24 PM

splendid day here after all that

Turbohot 25 March 2016 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11813202)
Well a after being confronted with a broken central heating system whe I got home last night (after a radiator move by the builders)

I have spent the last 5 hours fixing it - which I think I have done

But off on a cheeky ski holiday on Monday - the snow is pretty good in the Alps atm, and hopefully it will be sunny (and warmish) too

Have a good skiing holiday, Hodgy. :thumb:

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11813271)
splendid day here after all that

Same here, Duncan. This morning I travelled on the coast road intentionally to avoid the express way traffic jams, but no! Even the coast road was so slow with unbelievable Easter hols traffic that I got fed up and turned back. That didn't exactly stop the sun from shining, so yes, a great day nonetheless.

Apparently, it's downhill from tomorrow on. Non-stop rain and high winds expected.

Turbohot 25 March 2016 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 11813168)
Can't wait to tuck into hot x buns and choc eggs...... And get even more fatter LOL!

Nice! Enjoy. :thumb: :D

For us, it was the mother in law's Mary Berry fish pie and her lemon zest cake for afters; topped with dripping icing and further crowned with tiny, freckled chocolate eggs tonight. Absolutely delicious meal! Fish instead of any other meat is continued to be preferred by her on Good Friday. I said to her that at least on Good Friday, we can pretend to be good by discarding other meat but still eating fish meat. That made her cackle in a pretending way, but it also meant that I didn't get asked to consume the last remaining slice of that amazing cake. Oh well. That's life. :D

I've had one organic chocolate egg gifted to me. I shall further it to my son, if he accepts. I myself bought a Cadbury's one for him, if he accepts. I personally have no interest in hollow chocolate eggs. Mind you, I clocked a massive solid chocolate egg in Tesco last year for 30 quid! :eek: I'm not spending this kind of money on a chocolate frikking egg for myself or anyone.

lozgti1 26 March 2016 09:23 AM

Nice to have a good thread :-)

Got my daughter on Monday.Kate.Or storm Katie coming in.lol

Happy Easter folks

hodgy0_2 26 March 2016 09:54 AM

what I don't understand re storm Katie

is why on earth do people book the ferry when going to France, it is madness

I am going to France on Monday - I suggested to my travel partner that the tunnel would be best

"no no lets do the ferry"

to me that means you are simply at the mercy of the weather

70mph winds forecast on Monday - where the south coast wtf

will people ever learn!!! lol

dpb 26 March 2016 10:01 AM

I book the ferry , cos it's 5 minutes down the road
He can't be saving money if he's driving a Ferrari 599 :Suspiciou

LSherratt 26 March 2016 10:29 AM

Have a good Easter everyone :). I'm off to Scotland for a week doing the North Coast 500 with my GF.

lozgti1 26 March 2016 10:31 AM

You have a girlfriend ?!

Hey joking.Have a great time:thumb:

lozgti1 26 March 2016 10:32 AM

Wish I did.lol

LSherratt 26 March 2016 10:33 AM

Just over 4 years now :lol1: shocking I know! Thank you :).

Turbohot 26 March 2016 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 11813401)
Nice to have a good thread :-)

Got my daughter on Monday.Kate.Or storm Katie coming in.lol

Happy Easter folks

Nice one, Loz. Enjoy their company while they're little, I say. Once they grow up and leave the nest, you're redundant from your parental duties, my friend. That's the time you may want to look for some hobbies for yourself or get cats or something.

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11813406)
what I don't understand re storm Katie

is why on earth do people book the ferry when going to France, it is madness

I am going to France on Monday - I suggested to my travel partner that the tunnel would be best

"no no lets do the ferry"

to me that means you are simply at the mercy of the weather

70mph winds forecast on Monday - where the south coast wtf

will people ever learn!!! lol

Yes, it is ridiculous.

I think some people love to battle with the storms, and don't give a f**k! Silly sometimes, I know.

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11813418)
Have a good Easter everyone :). I'm off to Scotland for a week doing the North Coast 500 with my GF.

You too, Mr. LSh. have a good time away with your co. I wouldn't have bothered with Scotland after knowing that that Hurricane Katie will try to floor me. Good on you, though.

For all n' sundry:

Now as the positive season change has begun around us, enjoy the brightness of the daffodils, even if the sky here doesn't stay as clear :

http://nwdistrict.ifas.ufl.edu/hort/...affodils-2.jpg

Happy Easter, everyone. :thumb:

Turbohot 26 March 2016 11:39 AM

I don't know why that ^ image isn't showing up. What am I doing wrong??? Let's see if this one shows up:

http://www.fromholland.info/wp-conte.../Daffodil1.jpg

dpb 26 March 2016 12:54 PM

They'll be horizontal in couple hours :lol1: