ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Sharing a bed (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1036465-sharing-a-bed.html)

lozgti1 24 March 2016 07:24 AM

Sharing a bed

Been seperated 2 years now.

My God it is heaven having your own bed.Not sure if I could again ( odd night excepted)

Sorry,thread triggered by story of the mattress designed to stop your other half snoring.Had more annoying nights with someone in bed than without.lol

You manage to get a night's sleep with the other half who insists on 20 water bottles and 10 duvets while you just need a sheet and the window open? :lol1:

Paben 24 March 2016 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 11812709)

My God it is heaven having your own bed.Not sure if I could again ( odd night excepted)

Sorry,thread triggered by story of the mattress designed to stop your other half snoring.Had more annoying nights with someone in bed than without.lol

You manage to get a night's sleep with the other half who insists on 20 water bottles and 10 duvets while you just need a sheet and the window open? :lol1:

Double beds need to be at least twice the normal size to be acceptable for two people when actual sleep is the requirement i.e. 3 metres or more!

andy97 24 March 2016 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 11812709)

What you need is a king-size bed. This is the minimum size so each of you can have your own space without feeling you are going to fall out of bed. A separate mattress for each person preferable so rolling doesn't disturb the other. I can recommend the tempur mattress, it is like sleeping in a marshmallow. I have such a good night's sleep since we got it. Also when rolling over it doesn't disturb the other half as the mattress dampens all movements. It is a little bit difficult to get out of bed on a morning as you're trying to escape from a treacle :D

I have a good night's sleep, still miss the wife when she is not there!

An0n0m0us 24 March 2016 10:18 AM

Ah you guys are missing his point if you haven't been divorced/separated. Once you get used to being single and your bed becomes yours having someone kip in it after you've had your fun isn't wanted, you just want them to go home so you can have your bed to yourself :lol1:

It's not just the bed though, it's the whole house and being able to do what you like when you like and have the house exactly how you want it and not have to answer to anyone :thumb:

dpb 24 March 2016 10:39 AM

having a spare bedroom doesn't cut it

still have to share the remote

( forced to watch Murder she wrote )

Blue by You 24 March 2016 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11812769)
having a spare bedroom doesn't cut it

still have to share the remote

( forced to watch Murder she wrote )

Ooooooh don't mention the remote, or as it has become known in our house 'The Precious' :D

Scooby.Newbie 24 March 2016 10:27 PM

Am down with this, between wives having the single life back was great, own space and bed to yourself.

Love being in a relationship, but also love when she has the odd night at her parents (they are all pretty close) or when she kips in the spare room because of my snoring.

:thumb: for sleeping like a starfish

njkmrs 24 March 2016 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by andy97 (Post 11812726)
What you need is a king-size bed. This is the minimum size so each of you can have your own space without feeling you are going to fall out of bed. A separate mattress for each person preferable so rolling doesn't disturb the other. I can recommend the tempur mattress, it is like sleeping in a marshmallow. I have such a good night's sleep since we got it. Also when rolling over it doesn't disturb the other half as the mattress dampens all movements. It is a little bit difficult to get out of bed on a morning as you're trying to escape from a treacle :D

I have a good night's sleep, still miss the wife when she is not there!

No its a Super King Size you need..!!!:thumb:

Paben 24 March 2016 11:41 PM

Ideally a harem would do the job, summoning ladies to the bed when required then packing them off to their quarters once you were done with their services, a good night's sleep guaranteed. That's not sexist is it, or a bit Premier Inn? :D

Scooby.Newbie 25 March 2016 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11813060)
Ideally a harem would do the job, summoning ladies to the bed when required then packing them off to their quarters once you were done with their services, a good night's sleep guaranteed. That's not sexist is it, or a bit Premier Inn? :D

That sounds a bit Lord Bath, and his place is a bit better than a Premier Inn.

Will run it past the misses, wish me luck :thumb:

Paben 25 March 2016 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Scooby.Newbie (Post 11813072)
That sounds a bit Lord Bath, and his place is a bit better than a Premier Inn.

Will run it past the misses, wish me luck :thumb:

The additional ladies might cause a slight dispute, but good luck!

RobJenks 25 March 2016 09:26 AM

I would miss waking up in the morning with a hard on and no back attack comfort to slide into.

Osimabu 25 March 2016 10:01 AM

This puts me in mind of this (although it doesn't really apply I suppose):

andy97 25 March 2016 10:07 AM

God that video takes me back :thumb: