ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   SKY TV (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1036420-sky-tv.html)

BBB3 22 March 2016 04:01 PM

SKY TV

I've been with sky for 5 -6 years, broadband and phone.

I pay £90 a month with movies/sports

Im now seeing all the above for £30 for new people, anyone feel a bit pissed bout this?

I might give them a call? anyone got anything back?

ossett2k2 22 March 2016 04:22 PM

Worked for us last year and we got a 50% discount,this year they don't want to know!
Think we will either switch to vm and get new customer discount or buy another kodi(we bought that for the 3rd room as multi rooms prices are a rip off)

jayallen 22 March 2016 05:03 PM

I recently ditched SKY after getting fed up of paying £100+ monthly bills. I switched over to BT and get their sports package, unlimited fibre BB, HD and 20 premium channels for £35 a month which is the same amount as just SKY's unlimited BB package!

I still get all the SKY channels including Sports and Movies albeit through a different source ;)

BBB3 23 March 2016 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11812200)
I recently ditched SKY after getting fed up of paying £100+ monthly bills. I switched over to BT and get their sports package, unlimited fibre BB, HD and 20 premium channels for £35 a month which is the same amount as just SKY's unlimited BB package!

I still get all the SKY channels including Sports and Movies albeit through a different source ;)

i might give this ago, it craze me that friends get half price movies and fibre and i get nowt :brickwall

jods 23 March 2016 10:58 AM

I have just gone for the new Sky Q Silver plus two Sky Q minis so I have three rooms serviced with tv. The two minis are wireless boosters and can be placed anywhere/moved at will. My monthly subscription has actually gone down £12.50

LSherratt 23 March 2016 08:00 PM

Ahhh Sky, Virgin, BT woes again :lol1:. Ditch the lot and stick to freeview. If I could I'd ditch my landline too but require that for Internet connection.

I can't believe some people feel happy paying £80+ a month for TV. That's approx. £1k a year! Crazy. Plenty of other cheaper options out there.

njkmrs 23 March 2016 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11812598)
Ahhh Sky, Virgin, BT woes again :lol1:. Ditch the lot and stick to freeview. If I could I'd ditch my landline too but require that for Internet connection.

I can't believe some people feel happy paying £80+ a month for TV. That's approx. £1k a year! Crazy. Plenty of other cheaper options out there.

I believe someone(in government) is trying to stop the big companies from charging for the landline if it is not being used. Even if it is supplying the internet.
I too cannot stand paying for it when I never use the landline.:mad:
Cheeky barstewards.....

PaulC72 23 March 2016 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by BBB3 (Post 11812170)

Im now seeing all the above for £30 for new people, anyone feel a bit pissed bout this?

Nope, i don't have SKY for that sort of reason.

Like most repeat contracts they always go up but never offer the good deals, as these are for new customers only! (until you ask to leave that is) - the same goes for things like car insurance, house insurance and other things if you auto renew it usually ends up costing you more, which has never really made any sense to me as I would want to keep current customers happy too.

njkmrs 24 March 2016 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by jods (Post 11812443)
I have just gone for the new Sky Q Silver plus two Sky Q minis so I have three rooms serviced with tv. The two minis are wireless boosters and can be placed anywhere/moved at will. My monthly subscription has actually gone down £12.50

Did you have to purchase /pay for the new sky q box?

BBB3 24 March 2016 01:39 PM

spoke to them last night, they offered me half price fibre thats it.

I cancelled the sky and stuff and will effect from april

LSherratt 24 March 2016 02:44 PM

Just get a Humax freeview box :) Then get one of those £7 a month subscription things or whatever it is for NowTV/Amazon Prime/Android box.

Skoobie Dhu 24 March 2016 03:48 PM

Sky movies can be had for £3 or £4 a month via a Now TV box - or via the app if you have a smart TV. You can get sky sports via Now TV but it seems expensive.
The Now TV box gives you BBC iplayer etc as well.

Best get the gen 2 box - more features.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/now-...cworld-2416178

Further update codes for more months can be bought from eBay or some online retailers.

LSherratt 24 March 2016 05:17 PM

I've got both NowTV and SkyGo (NowTV is owned by Sky anyway) running through my Xbox One as my TV isn't smart enough. Plus I get it for free as my Dad has the whole package which allows him to register SkyGo to 4 devices, me being one of them :). NowTV is off the subscription from my GF's Dad :lol1:.

I only use it for The Walking Dead on Fox and the occasional Sky Movie.

WRXrowdy 24 March 2016 05:44 PM

I've just been reading that sky have signed a deal to be the sole live broadcaster for formula 1 from 2019. I've got sky but refuse to pay for sports as it's mainly paying for the football rights, which I am not interested in. Good job f1 has become boring.

DYK 24 March 2016 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11812598)

And a lot are repeat +1 channels mostly full of repeat programs from three/four years ago.Told my parents to ditch VM and get Freeview.Also I can get variety of channels from the Internet.

Jamz3k 27 March 2016 10:49 PM

Ditch the lot, I got rid of any form of transmitted TV years ago. That coupled with getting rid of Facebook means I'm oblivious to everything and happier for it!

JonsGreenGoblin 27 March 2016 11:44 PM

Im in the same boat.. pay over £100 for everything then just had letter through door saying its going up by extra £3.50.. takes me upto a nice total of £111.. pure joke!

Gonna phone this week as we watch latest films and sports through other sources anyway..

piehole1983 28 March 2016 01:50 AM

I got rid of sky completely after 12 years and now use slightly modified freeview receivers instead. Sky isn't worth the amount they are charging.

Rapid17 28 March 2016 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by piehole1983 (Post 11814110)
I got rid of sky completely after 12 years and now use slightly modified freeview receivers instead. Sky isn't worth the amount they are charging.

More information on what a slightly modified freeview receiver is please mate.

JackClark 28 March 2016 09:05 AM

Won't be long until there's nothing to pirate. Please keep paying £100 a month so the pikeys have something to watch.

P1Fanatic 28 March 2016 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by BBB3 (Post 11812170)

Please show me where you can get Sky TV inc Movies & Sports + BB and Phone for £30pm.

P1Fanatic 28 March 2016 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11814144)
Won't be long until there's nothing to pirate. Please keep paying £100 a month so the pikeys have something to watch.

Exactly. Anyone quoting modified boxes or other sources in what they pay each month should be ignored. I'm waiting for the "how much is your monthly grocery shop thread?". £0 if you shoplift.

jayallen 28 March 2016 12:51 PM

So because I'm able to watch TV channels broadcast in other Countries, like live 3pm Football on a Saturday I'm a pikey, a thief and should be ignored..?

JackClark 28 March 2016 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11814218)
So because I'm able to watch TV channels broadcast in other Countries, like live 3pm Football on a Saturday I'm a pikey, a thief and should be ignored..?

Are you licenced to do so?

stevebt 28 March 2016 01:39 PM

I cancelled my Sky and got a Nowtv box with Movies and entertainment. I buy the passes on ebay and it comes to about £7 a month. I also have Netflix and freesat so my monthly bills for everything are £13 :D

jayallen 28 March 2016 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11814228)
Are you licenced to do so?

No I'm not....Do you want your drive tarmac'd mush or hook up for a bare knuckle fight?

JackClark 28 March 2016 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11814233)
No I'm not....Do you want your drive tarmac'd mush or hook up for a bare knuckle fight?

You can Tarmac my drive if you like, I'll pay some random bloke for a shovel and give you nothing. Fight's cool too, we'll record it and sell it, you can't have a share of the profit though.

JackClark 28 March 2016 06:15 PM

And to be clear, crack on, I don't care, I do however care about bragging about it.

jayallen 28 March 2016 06:25 PM

To be honest I don't give a toss what you or anyone else thinks, now quick run along someone has just slated an Apple device on another thread. :thumb:

Ciaran 29 March 2016 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11814306)
To be honest I don't give a toss what you or anyone else thinks, now quick run along someone has just slated an Apple device on another thread. :thumb: