ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Brussels under attack now (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1036411-brussels-under-attack-now.html)

urban 22 March 2016 11:00 AM

Brussels under attack now

Not good

http://news.sky.com/story/1664446/de...port-and-metro

Steve001 22 March 2016 11:06 AM

The religion of peace strikes again (allegedly) :(

LSherratt 22 March 2016 11:43 AM

Continued worrying times.

13 killed and 35 injured confirmed.

alcazar 22 March 2016 11:54 AM

Cue: the usual people to come on and say it's not real, it's not Muslims, if it is Muslims it's not real Muslims and they definitely have NOTHING to do with ISIS and did not come in with the so-called refugees:rolleyes:

"Captain Blackadder definitely did not kill and eat that plump-breasted pigeon!"

JTaylor 22 March 2016 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11812062)
Cue: the usual people to come on and say it's not real, it's not Muslims, if it is Muslims it's not real Muslims and they definitely have NOTHING to do with ISIS and did not come in with the so-called refugees:rolleyes:

"Captain Blackadder definitely did not kill and eat that plump-breasted pigeon!"

Not the time to try and score cheap political points!

Turbohot 22 March 2016 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11812065)
Not the time to try and score cheap political points!

Welcome to Scoobynet.

An0n0m0us 22 March 2016 12:43 PM

What I don't get is how Molenbeek has been allowed to become a base for Islamic extremism in Europe. It's clearly been long known to be harbouring terrorist cells yet they have not been dealt with. After the Paris attacks the authorities immediately knew where to look, Molenbeek. So whilst surveillance is critical and being able to watch these cells there has to become a point where the number of terrorists in one place has to be dealt with. And the surveillance hasn't been anywhere effective enough when the cells have been able to operate out of Molenbeek unchallenged to hit Paris and then months later still be operating and then carry out further attacks right on their own doorstep.

This morning has seen a tragic large loss of life due to these cells remaining at large :(

Dr Hu 22 March 2016 12:57 PM

Its seems that Brussels is one fcuked up place at the moment - I fully agree with what An0n0m0us has said above - its crazy how its been allowed to get like this!

If they are here in Europe they should be glad, not drag us down to their medieval ways - totally bizarre way of thinking :(

urban 22 March 2016 12:58 PM

Napalm the cells?

RS_Matt 22 March 2016 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 11812079)
What I don't get is how Molenbeek has been allowed to become a base for Islamic extremism in Europe. It's clearly been long known to be harbouring terrorist cells yet they have not been dealt with. After the Paris attacks the authorities immediately knew where to look, Molenbeek. So whilst surveillance is critical and being able to watch these cells there has to become a point where the number of terrorists in one place has to be dealt with. And the surveillance hasn't been anywhere effective enough when the cells have been able to operate out of Molenbeek unchallenged to hit Paris and then months later still be operating and then carry out further attacks right on their own doorstep.

This morning has seen a tragic large loss of life due to these cells remaining at large :(

Unfortunately thanks to the left it's racist and or upsets community spirit to investigate or highlight an aspect of a minority ethnic area.

dpb 22 March 2016 01:09 PM

its majority ethnic I think , and what better place to hide

I still don't think you could wade in searching house to house on a continuous basis though

f1_fan 22 March 2016 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11812062)

You know what? I haven't been on here very often for months, but the few times I am on here all I see is your narrow minded bigoted and frankly stupid whiny little remarks about just about everyone and everything that isn't right wing English white working class.

Well I've news for you - the right wing white English working class are no more or less deserving than anyone else. They are not better or worse than most Muslims, Hindis, Buddhists, left wingers, middle class or whatever!

No matter how you paint it being a Muslim does not automatically make someone a bad person no more than being white automatically makes someone a good person. Until you and the likes of madscoob and the other brain limited cretins on this board can get that through their heads there is no hope for any of you to have rational discussions about things like this!

The world is full of scum, but that is because they are scum not because they are Muslim, Christian or whatever!

As for ISIS until a Syrian peace deal is reached , the proxy war between Iran and Saudi is ended and a proper balanced government is installed in Iraq there is no chance of defeating the ideology behind ISIS and no amount of stupid 'glory hunting' mission announcements from the UK government and other nations is going to help the situation despite what our resident experts such as martin the cretin will tell you!

andy97 22 March 2016 01:24 PM

When the influx of migrants began, the EU were apathetic in their approach. Then when some countries started to voice concerns about uncontrolled migration they were set upon for being insular, racist and uncaring. A threat of a British referendum then brought a German lead "let them all come in" approach, with no checks of who was coming in amongst the migrants. This has lead to countless attacks mainly on European females. This is what happens when The EU has these poor knee Jerk decisions.

The EU has let many terrorists to enter mainland Europe unchecked and set up areas to plan their evil.

It may of looked harsh for the UK not to take immigrants in their droves, but now it looks certainly the right decision.

Just now watch the feeble, cobbled together plan the EU will come up with.

warrenm2 22 March 2016 01:29 PM

Best comment of the day from another forum....

My cat could have predicted this.

coupe_20vt 22 March 2016 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by andy97 (Post 11812098)
When the influx of migrants began, the EU were apathetic in their approach. Then when some countries started to voice concerns about uncontrolled migration they were set upon for being insular, racist and uncaring. A threat of a British referendum then brought a German lead "let them all come in" approach, with no checks of who was coming in amongst the migrants. This has lead to countless attacks mainly on European females. This is what happens when The EU has these poor knee Jerk decisions.

The EU has let many terrorists to enter mainland Europe unchecked and set up areas to plan their evil.

It may of looked harsh for the UK not to take immigrants in their droves, but now it looks certainly the right decision.

Just now watch the feeble, cobbled together plan the EU will come up with.

So the 7/7 bombings were undertaken by whom? Illegal immigrants? Filthy Muslims from Syria?

No. 3 of the cowards were British born.

It's nice and convenient for you to forget 'home grown' terrorists isn't it?

andy97 22 March 2016 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by coupe_20vt (Post 11812109)
So the 7/7 bombings were undertaken by whom? Illegal immigrants? Filthy Muslims from Syria?

No. 3 of the cowards were British born.

It's nice and convenient for you to forget 'home grown' terrorists isn't it?

The UK has its own problems, it doesn't need to compound the problem, does it??

coupe_20vt 22 March 2016 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by andy97 (Post 11812111)
The UK has its own problems, it doesn't need to compound the problem, does it??

Yes I agree wholeheartedly.

But it's not a problem we can blame entirely on illegal immigrants and resolve by just pulling up the drawbridge.

markjmd 22 March 2016 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11812093)
its majority ethnic I think , and what better place to hide

I still don't think you could wade in searching house to house on a continuous basis though

The way things are going, sooner or later that might be the only option left.

Steve001 22 March 2016 02:11 PM

What I'm waiting for is a high ranking Muslim cleric to appear on main stream tv condemning this attack

Not holding my breath tho :(

My thoughts go out to all the victims and their families :(

andy97 22 March 2016 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by coupe_20vt (Post 11812115)
Yes I agree wholeheartedly.

But it's not a problem we can blame entirely on illegal immigrants and resolve by just pulling up the drawbridge.

I agree, what we need, the UK, is to be selective on who we accept to enter the UK. This does boil down to sovereignty/border control/power to implement.

I expect the EU to have some sort of temporary stop on the acceptance of migrants through Turkey/Greece. I very much doubt EU bureaucrats will ultimately allow schengen to be scrapped, they have their own interests in survival.
However individual countries have all but ignored/scrapped schengen., it will only take the likes of Germany /France to kill the EU project, but for their own benefits.

Paben 22 March 2016 02:39 PM

You don't have to be an illegal immigrant to be a bomber, the Irish are a good example of that. Few of the muslim bombers are illegal immigrants, they're second or third generation, allegedly British (or Belgian in this case) but they're nothing of the sort of course. They are muslim, with their country of origin irrelevant.

leeds_182 22 March 2016 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11812097)
You know what? I haven't been on here very often for months, but the few times I am on here all I see is your narrow minded bigoted and frankly stupid whiny little remarks about just about everyone and everything that isn't right wing English white working class.

Well I've news for you - the right wing white English working class are no more or less deserving than anyone else. They are not better or worse than most Muslims, Hindis, Buddhists, left wingers, middle class or whatever!

No matter how you paint it being a Muslim does not automatically make someone a bad person no more than being white automatically makes someone a good person. Until you and the likes of madscoob and the other brain limited cretins on this board can get that through their heads there is no hope for any of you to have rational discussions about things like this!

The world is full of scum, but that is because they are scum not because they are Muslim, Christian or whatever!

As for ISIS until a Syrian peace deal is reached , the proxy war between Iran and Saudi is ended and a proper balanced government is installed in Iraq there is no chance of defeating the ideology behind ISIS and no amount of stupid 'glory hunting' mission announcements from the UK government and other nations is going to help the situation despite what our resident experts such as martin the cretin will tell you!

Great post.

just me 22 March 2016 03:25 PM

stop bombing other countries for oil, interfering and meddling to take over their economies, stop blindly following Israel and the US = no terrorism.

Turbohot 22 March 2016 03:37 PM

Well I've news for you - the right wing white English working class are no more or less deserving than anyone else. They are not better or worse than most Muslims, Hindis, Buddhists, left wingers, middle class or whatever!.....

Hindus, not Hindis! :facepalm2:

Hindi, bindi
Let's eat Bhindi!

:D

jazzyjembreaze 22 March 2016 03:52 PM

This is a political statement following Brussels statement " we got him "
Like I'm sorry ,1 man falls another stands & takes there place .. They are home grown tho,large scale community's 2nd 3 rd gen radical & fundamental / you would have to do as the SS did in 1943 , cleansing & irradication of the districts door to door ,...
& that will never happen again in our lifetime ...

Steve001 22 March 2016 04:02 PM

Death toll now at 34 and counting :cry:

Turbohot 22 March 2016 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Steve001 (Post 11812172)
Death toll now at 34 and counting :cry:

God, that's awful! :cry: :(

tarmac terror 22 March 2016 05:13 PM

glad you are not caught in this Urban - read your comments last night in my Chimay Blue thread, that you were a frequent visitor to Belgium, which brought you to mind when I heard the news this morning.

Told my wife I would avoid busy areas of Belgium for a while, when I saw the footage of Abdeslam being detained. predictable, but sad nonetheless.

alcazar 22 March 2016 05:32 PM

You really are an idiot then? I'd thought as much, but your post above proves it.

Let's take this for a kick off:

So because they are Muslims which leads them to do what they do, (have you actually read ANY of the Q'ran???), it's somehow Ok and we shouldn't blame them?

You get worse.

YOU are the bigot, YOU are the whiner and YOU ARE WRONG!

alcazar 22 March 2016 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by leeds_182 (Post 11812144)
Great post.

Ah, the idiot speaks. Want to lick his botty too?