ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   So my clutch is slipping...which one to buy?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/1036334-so-my-clutch-is-slipping-which-one-to-buy.html)

Dave Y 12 July 2016 01:10 PM

Has anyone tried an ACT clutch?

Ver4STI 12 July 2016 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Darrell@Scoobyworx (Post 11857922)
At 300bhp the STOCK clutch from CC will be fine but it is on its upper limits of what it is designed for. The stage 2 is probably a better choice especially if you plan on upping power at all further.

We list them 5% below RRP then offer a further 5% with the code and you get 2% loyalty bonus also

thanks for the feedback - TBH i won't be going for anymore power than 300bhp but if the oem clutch would be at its top limit i think for piece of mind its worth going for the stage 2. as i'll always be worried about the OEM clutch letting go.

thanks for the link to the Group buy, but sadly i will be needing the Clutch and Flywheel as soon as possible. so won't be able to take advantage of that, also it doesn't seem anyone else is up for it, which is a shame as those prices are great :( gutted i can't take advantage of that.

will most likely be placing an order this evening, thanks for your help :)

Ver4STI 12 July 2016 03:46 PM

i think i have got confused..

if i order through the group buy can this be shipped straight away once i have sent payment ?

i was under the impression all 10 people had to put an order in for them to be shipped.

my bad

Darrell@Scoobyworx 12 July 2016 04:28 PM

yeah it will be shipped straight away :)

domino46 13 July 2016 06:37 AM

I'm running 531/515 from a OE clutch and it's still going fine although I don't do any launching ,, think the Subaru clutch is very under rated imo

stonejedi 13 July 2016 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by domino46 (Post 11858162)
I'm running 531/515 from a OE clutch and it's still going fine although I don't do any launching ,, think the Subaru clutch is very under rated imo

Launching or not when that kind of torque hits the O.E clutch up the rev range it will start to fail as the O.E clutch is not built to handle that much torque I destroyed a standard sti clutch with around a 100 less torque then your stating and that was not launched just reved out.SJ.

RAGGY DOO 13 July 2016 11:14 AM

i have an act xtss single plate and billet flywheel not driven the car yet so cant give you anyfeed back on what its like , banny has had this clutch and he rates it highley

Dave Y 13 July 2016 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 11858243)
i have an act xtss single plate and billet flywheel not driven the car yet so cant give you anyfeed back on what its like , banny has had this clutch and he rates it highley

I have spoke to Alyn and i will be having an ACT with my forged build

domino46 13 July 2016 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by stonejedi (Post 11858210)
Launching or not when that kind of torque hits the O.E clutch up the rev range it will start to fail as the O.E clutch is not built to handle that much torque I destroyed a standard sti clutch with around a 100 less torque then your stating and that was not launched just reved out.SJ.

Fine so far with no slipping or signs of slipping and been running over 400 though sines I brought it , same with my last hawk running just shy of 400/400 and was fine for many many miles , I don't launch but don't drive them like a girl either so only time will tell if anything does start to go wrong ,, but for the £30 it cost me for a recon clutch plate I'd rarther stick one of them in when it's needed but rarther than spending a fortune on a clutch I prob won't like the feel of lol as never had a problem with them and have ran good power though them without any failing so far ,, current clutch has been in for 2 years and still going strong :thumb:

Ver4STI 19 August 2016 10:55 AM

so just an update.

I now have a stage 2 clutch installed along with the lightened flywheel to match.

After a 500 mile break in period. i can report that this clutch is brilliant, its slightly heavier on the leg, but this is a nice reassuring feeling that it is able to handle the extra power over standard.

No problems at all, can't even notice its an uprated clutch, have noticed the engine spins up quicker when i neutral, but haven't noticed anything else on the road really, other than heel and toeing being easier to rev match etc..

no problems in traffic as most of my daily journey is stop start traffic.

all in all, great service and friendly advice from Scoobyworx and the clutch feel perfect for the car at 300Hp.

thanks again Darren.

Darrell@Scoobyworx 19 August 2016 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ver4STI (Post 11868273)
so just an update.

I now have a stage 2 clutch installed along with the lightened flywheel to match.

After a 500 mile break in period. i can report that this clutch is brilliant, its slightly heavier on the leg, but this is a nice reassuring feeling that it is able to handle the extra power over standard.

No problems at all, can't even notice its an uprated clutch, have noticed the engine spins up quicker when i neutral, but haven't noticed anything else on the road really, other than heel and toeing being easier to rev match etc..

no problems in traffic as most of my daily journey is stop start traffic.

all in all, great service and friendly advice from Scoobyworx and the clutch feel perfect for the car at 300Hp.

thanks again Darren.

These are the kind of reports we get back for these clutches on a regular basis :)

If you could leave us a review on the website that would be great :)

Ver4STI 19 August 2016 12:58 PM

No problem, will do once at home as can't remember my login at the moment :0

thanks again.