ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Selling advice - Fixed/unfixed (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1036265-selling-advice-fixed-unfixed.html)

Milwan 18 March 2016 11:30 AM

Selling advice - Fixed/unfixed

Due to getting married early next year the car unfortunately has to go.

But due to clonking noise from the front (thinking it is the driveshafts) I am unsure what to do.

Money is tight so getting the thing fixed before selling it could prove difficult.

how much do you think I would need to take off the asking price if did sell in current condition.

the car I have is a 52 plate blob eye wrx sti type uk

johned 18 March 2016 01:12 PM

I think you need to know the exact cause of the cloncking no matter what decision you make about the way you sell the car.

Paulo P 18 March 2016 01:29 PM

You are likely to take a much bigger hit selling it with a fault than getting it repaired.

Get it properly diagnosed and see if you can free up the funds to repair it, if you can't you'll have to discount it more than the cost of the repair due to the risk and hassle to the potential buyer.

ZANY 18 March 2016 01:50 PM

As long as your honest and put it on at a fixed low price it's up to the buyer to decide if it's gna be too much or less work for them it's the risk they take could be nothing or something and if your circumstances do allow you to fix it that would be a better option but most importantly JUST BE HONEST PAL :thumb:

Cambs_Stuart 18 March 2016 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 11810689)
As long as your honest and put it on at a fixed low price it's up to the buyer to decide if it's gna be too much or less work for them it's the risk they take could be nothing or something and if your circumstances do allow you to fix it that would be a better option but most importantly JUST BE HONEST PAL :thumb:

As I'm discovering, a clonking noise can be anything from a loose bolt on the drop link, to a knackered suspension strut. If I was buying the car I would be working on a worst case scenario. Therefore it'd be worth getting it to a garage (or Tim Farmer, he is excellent, mobile and relatively local) and at least working out what is wrong, then is someone does try to knock the price of some new front struts off "Just in Case" you've got some facts to rebut the offer with.

Milwan 18 March 2016 05:29 PM

Thanks for all the responses guys really appreciate it. Will try and find the funds to get it properly checked out. Lets hope the cost of the repairs wont be as bad as I think they will be

Autotweek 18 March 2016 10:27 PM

I'd get it fixed, you will loose quite abit in value with a faulty car as alot of people who don't know much about cars will be put off.

Milwan 08 April 2016 02:36 PM

Turns out it is not the driveshafts. The front diff is knackered. so a much larger bill will be coming my way

BBB3 08 April 2016 03:56 PM

pm me the car and details, im looking for a project :)

palma0778 08 April 2016 05:16 PM

Pm the car and details,i am looking for a project as well.

Milwan 04 May 2016 02:10 PM

The car definitely needs to go now.
Funds are low so cant afford to get it fixed and the money from selling it would be helpful. But who is wanting to buy a broken car. any suggestions would be gratefully received.
sorry for the rant. a bit on edge about it

b3nmw 04 May 2016 09:37 PM

What about breaking it

Autotweek 07 May 2016 12:03 PM

You have 2 people above interested. Pm me specs or list in forsale section.

The Pink Ninja 07 May 2016 12:11 PM

Get the ball rolling by stating how much you need for it to move on...as people will start offering £1500 soon

bangshift 07 May 2016 12:34 PM

^^ This.

The Pink Ninja 07 May 2016 01:47 PM

The cost to fix or replace is gonna be around £1k give or take so market value less the cost of repair less a little to appease the buyer is my advice

Milwan 07 May 2016 04:07 PM

sorry for the late response to everyone been a busy few days.
the car has now been sold. thanks for all the interest