ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Moley does it again. (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/1036199-moley-does-it-again.html)

mickywrx 15 March 2016 09:51 PM

Moley does it again.

Well, it's that time of year again. Usually for sh1ts and giggles I have a look on the comparison sites, didn't need to this year since Money Supermarket emailed with the same quotes 3 times. Cheapest one was £1436, based on a nigh on standard car, since comparison sites don't like too many mods. :eek::eek:

I paid a lot less than that with Norwich Union when I bought the car. :lol1: If I was 21 year old and had just bought it, I would understand the bollocks quotes to a point. I've had the car 11 years though, and turned 40 last August.

I must admit, the milisecond or so that it took to accept the renewal quote off Gary was excruciating. :D

Cheers mate, you're a star, as ever.

johned 15 March 2016 10:12 PM

So price paid?.

mickywrx 16 March 2016 09:39 PM

Oops.

£350 :D

53 17 March 2016 01:44 AM

Insured my wagon with Gary today top man indeed :D

jayallen 17 March 2016 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 11809798)
turned 40 last August.

:eek:

AdeT 17 March 2016 08:15 AM

I have tried to call Gary everyday for the past week!! I've given up now as I dread to think what would happen if I ever needed to claim.

JDM_Stig 17 March 2016 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by AdeT (Post 11810228)
I have tried to call Gary everyday for the past week!! I've given up now as I dread to think what would happen if I ever needed to claim.

Been there, done that, gave up.

:thumb:

Moley 17 March 2016 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by AdeT (Post 11810228)

If you have a claim you'd deal with our claims department, who are on a different number. ;)

If you do need a quote please feel free to pm me your number and i'll call you back.

Moley 17 March 2016 12:09 PM

Micky and Stu - glad help guys :thumb:

mickywrx 17 March 2016 09:22 PM

:notworthy:notworthy

TimH 18 March 2016 12:02 AM

Good price always but, boy oh boy, what abysmal and atrocious customer service and communications from KM.

I took the private plate off my car and informed KM of the change. Got a new certificate within days and - for the first time in years - a schedule. Great!

But...schedule shows wrong engine capacity. I have emailed 3 times, both to Gary and to admin and to sales to request confirmation that my insurance is correct and for confirmation that I am actually covered for all the mods agreed years ago.

No response whatsoever.

I rather worry that after all these years I have been driving around with no cover for the agreed mods or, worse, uninsured due to a technicality.

I have also asked for a quote for the vehicle that will replace my car once it's sold.

Obviously not interested.

Will not use for the next car regardless of price. Sorry KM, just not good enough.

Moley 18 March 2016 11:37 AM

As discussed Tim, the cert shows the original engine size but we have all the mods listed on the policy (including non-standard engine)

Apologies you have not had an email back, hopefully i've answered your queries.

TimH 18 March 2016 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Moley (Post 11810652)
As discussed Tim, the cert shows the original engine size but we have all the mods listed on the policy (including non-standard engine)

Apologies you have not had an email back, hopefully i've answered your queries.

You have Gary, thank you.

As explained on the phone, my "beef" is with KM not you. My queries were of an admin nature that I only copied you in out of courtesy (except regarding the quote...although a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is not your speciality so I was not really expecting a competitive quote - no insult intended!).

If KM has email issues, then that's hardly my fault, especially as I had already had one response from them (suggesting there was no spam-trapping or other issue).

In this day and age email is, like it or not, as equally valid as a communications mechanism as a phone call or letter. And a PM to attract you attention is all very well, but it isn't the way to send actual information that we need to keep a record of, or refer back to in years to come.

I hope KM sort their internal issues so the service provided matches the prices :thumb:

Moley 18 March 2016 12:28 PM

I hope so aswell Tim, would certainly make my life easier ;):thumb:

53 18 March 2016 02:45 PM

Got paperwork today mate :) :thumb:

scoobywho2 18 March 2016 03:48 PM

Any chance of getting back to me today please Gary possibly picking up car tomorrow so really need to sort cover ASAP, sent you my number on here and via email. Will keep trying your office number today.

Moley 18 March 2016 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by scoobywho2 (Post 11810723)
Any chance of getting back to me today please Gary possibly picking up car tomorrow so really need to sort cover ASAP, sent you my number on here and via email. Will keep trying your office number today.

Hope you enjoy the new car :thumb:

JGlanzaV 18 March 2016 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by TimH (Post 11810557)
Good price always but, boy oh boy, what abysmal and atrocious customer service and communications from KM.

I took the private plate off my car and informed KM of the change. Got a new certificate within days and - for the first time in years - a schedule. Great!

But...schedule shows wrong engine capacity. I have emailed 3 times, both to Gary and to admin and to sales to request confirmation that my insurance is correct and for confirmation that I am actually covered for all the mods agreed years ago.

No response whatsoever.

I rather worry that after all these years I have been driving around with no cover for the agreed mods or, worse, uninsured due to a technicality.

I have also asked for a quote for the vehicle that will replace my car once it's sold.

Obviously not interested.

Will not use for the next car regardless of price. Sorry KM, just not good enough.

X2. I got slated for posting the same thing.

Moley 18 March 2016 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11810862)
X2. I got slated for posting the same thing.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion

Once again, I apologise to anyone who has struggled to get in touch.

Although most people manage to get hold of me without issue I appreciate some have had issues. Hopefully our new phone system and additional staff joining us in April will help free up my time making it easier to speak to me.

I know there can be communication issues from time to time, so we are working to improve this.

scoobywho2 18 March 2016 11:41 PM

Thanks Gary!

As always miles better in price and service!

AdeT 19 March 2016 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Moley (Post 11810307)
If you have a claim you'd deal with our claims department, who are on a different number. ;)

If you do need a quote please feel free to pm me your number and i'll call you back.

I tried to call you again yesterday and again was put through to you by one of your colleagues. It rings a few times then straight through to your answer phone. I have left numerous messages requesting a call back from you but the call never came.

It's a very poor service, sorry.

My business is now with Adrian Flux.

Moley 19 March 2016 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by AdeT (Post 11810997)
I tried to call you again yesterday and again was put through to you by one of your colleagues. It rings a few times then straight through to your answer phone. I have left numerous messages requesting a call back from you but the call never came.

Apologies that you were unable to speak to me.

As I've said before, if you can't get me on the phone feel free to pm me your number on here and I can call you back.

lunar tick 21 March 2016 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by AdeT (Post 11810997)

I tried to contact Gary at KM at the back end of last year by phoning, leaving messages and sending PMs. But I didn't get any reply so I had my existing policy with another company updated. My car insurance comes round for renewal in mid April so hopefully KM can help me this time. I'd like to give you my business Gary, but it can be very hard without reciprocal communication .

mickywrx 21 March 2016 08:42 PM

I think in the 10 years that Gary has been my broker, I've only spoken to him 2 or 3 times, the last time was 3 years ago. :D

Moley 21 March 2016 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by lunar tick (Post 11811737)
I tried to contact Gary at KM at the back end of last year by phoning, leaving messages and sending PMs. But I didn't get any reply so I had my existing policy with another company updated. My car insurance comes round for renewal in mid April so hopefully KM can help me this time. I'd like to give you my business Gary, but it can be very hard without reciprocal communication .

Pm me your number and I'll give you a call

JGlanzaV 22 March 2016 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Moley (Post 11811950)
Pm me your number and I'll give you a call

This is the thing Gary, we shouldn't have to. And even when we do you rarely so anything about it.

I messaged you, rang you etc and nothing came of it. so went else where. It doesn't bother me because I'd rather spend money with people who want my business. But just imagine how much you loose out on by not returning calls. Because that is it for me now I won't be trying again it's not worth the aggro.

JDM_Stig 22 March 2016 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11812018)
This is the thing Gary, we shouldn't have to. And even when we do you rarely so anything about it.

I messaged you, rang you etc and nothing came of it. so went else where. It doesn't bother me because I'd rather spend money with people who want my business. But just imagine how much you loose out on by not returning calls. Because that is it for me now I won't be trying again it's not worth the aggro.

Totally agree, I've got 4 cars and 2 motorbikes, how many are insured with KM ? None,
Gave up trying,
Weird one was when I tried to insure the Audi tdi, as I had spoken to Gary in the past (once) only he can quote me now, wtf is that about? The Audi is a bog standard sh it ter,
Why can Only Gary quote for impreza's ? God forbid anything was to happen to him, KM wouldn't be able to insure a Subaru every again in there trading life the way it's run now . . .

AdeT 22 March 2016 08:57 AM

I know Gary has said claims is a different number but what worried me was if its that much hard work trying to give them your dam business... what the hell it would be like in the event of a claim I really do dread to think as we all know how reluctant insurance companies are to pay out.

I hope those insured with KM never have to find out!

Moley 22 March 2016 10:30 AM

A few people have had to claim, and on the whole they have had positive experiences.

As i've said, i fully appreciate it's been difficult to get hold of me in the past.

It's not as if i'm sitting here not doing anything!

Fortunately we are taking on extra staff in April which will free up my time to speak to customers, rather than dealing with paperwork and payments (which currently takes up quite a bit of my time)

Fingers crossed it'll work and it'll be considerably easier to get hold of me.

madwrx 17 April 2016 09:56 PM

been insured with KM for 6 years across 3 different imprezas- normally takes at least 2 days to get a callback. as there only open office hours 5 days a week its a serious pain in the butt. in fairness though rarely beaten on price so odds and evens really.