ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Car Care (https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-380/)
-   -   Change of products. (https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-380/1035136-change-of-products.html)

GONZO01 16 February 2016 10:05 PM

Change of products.

Just looking for some opinions on the products I have bought, I was using Meguires 3 step products but as that's all gone now I fancied a change and if I have missed anything:-

Meguires Gold shampoo,
Autoglym super resin polish,
Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection,
Autoglym HD Wax.

Do I need to buy anything else or should these products surfice for my car?

Neeko1988 16 February 2016 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by GONZO01 (Post 11797512)
Just looking for some opinions on the products I have bought, I was using Meguires 3 step products but as that's all gone now I fancied a change and if I have missed anything:-

Meguires Gold shampoo,
Autoglym super resin polish,
Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection,
Autoglym HD Wax.

Do I need to buy anything else or should these products surfice for my car?

If your using srp you only need either the egp or hd wax not both mate.

Have a look at detailing world forum it has all the info you ever need but I warn you if you get into detailing you will spend a fortune lol

adamroutley 17 February 2016 09:51 PM

Personally AutoGlym is the equivalent of sainbury's taste the difference. It's slightly better than bog standard but still just a generic off the shelf product that masks imperfections rather than fixing them.

As Neeko has said - Get on Detailing World Forum, a wealth of info on there.

As a side note, I've had some DoDo Juice Future Armour arrive today which I'm looking forward to try this weekend.

Neeko1988 17 February 2016 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by adamroutley (Post 11797951)
Personally AutoGlym is the equivalent of sainbury's taste the difference. It's slightly better than bog standard but still just a generic off the shelf product that masks imperfections rather than fixing them.

As Neeko has said - Get on Detailing World Forum, a wealth of info on there.

As a side note, I've had some DoDo Juice Future Armour arrive today which I'm looking forward to try this weekend.

Totally agree, srp is just full of fillers so doesn't remove any imperfections just masks them.

There are hundreds of decent brands and products to try.

Head over to cleanyourcar web site they have everything on there.

dave_t 08 March 2016 09:50 PM

Gonz.
I'd be looking at:
1. A decent wash mitt (and wash with the two bucket method)
2. A decent drying cloth
3. BiltHamber clay bar
4. AG super resin polish is good for hand applied (yes its full of fillers but swirl removal by hand is practically impossible). If you are thinking of machine polishing their are much better.......
5. Wax wise, Armorall Shield is a good long lasting product. Chemical Guys utter Wet Wax looks superb on O2C but doesn't or layer the two;)
6. Use wax applicator pads, and microfibre cloths
:thumb::thumb:

urban 09 March 2016 03:08 PM

Anyone tried that wax and dry turtle wax stuff - it seems pretty good given how little effort is involved with it.

Spray car while wet, and simply dry it. Leave the panel feeling like glass, really good sheeting/beading also

abre 09 March 2016 09:46 PM

Bilt Hamber Cleanser Polish to cover fine scratches & their Hydrawax give excellent results. The Hydrawax is really easy to apply & polish off and it lasts ages. Also look at their other products they are excellent.