ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   DPF filter problems (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/1034684-dpf-filter-problems.html)

gino 06 February 2016 01:16 PM

DPF filter problems

Hi all, has anyone had any issues with the DPF (diesel particulate filter), in an impreza diesel car???? If so, solutions???

Thanks

**jay** 06 February 2016 02:25 PM

Most failby not getting hot enough, ie short journeys can usually be fixed by a good motorway run and high revs if not possibly needing replaced and they aint cheap. Ive got an old derv i use daily with no dpf and dont intend ever buying one due to costs and hastle with them.

Neeko1988 06 February 2016 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by gino (Post 11792978)
Hi all, has anyone had any issues with the DPF (diesel particulate filter), in an impreza diesel car???? If so, solutions???

Thanks

I had trouble with the Dpf on my merc, the thermostat had gone and the car wasn't getting up to temp so therefore the Dpf wasn't re generating.

Tried everything replaced the stat and took it on some long journeys. Tried taking it out and cleaning it nothing worked. Ended up taking the insides out so it was hollow and having it mapped out in the end.

merlin24 06 February 2016 04:51 PM

Might be worth having a ' terraclean ' done if the normal methods dont work.

Mick

Neeko1988 06 February 2016 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by merlin24 (Post 11793112)
Might be worth having a ' terraclean ' done if the normal methods dont work.

Mick

I took my Dpf filter off and ran all the Dpf cleaners, degreasers u name it directly through it nothing worked. Depends how far gone it is I suppose

RICHARD J 06 February 2016 06:10 PM

Remove & remap is the best option as it will never go wrong again, but DVSA state it isn't legal anymore, but who will know? Are you going to tell them or the MOT tester?

Neeko1988 06 February 2016 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by RICHARD J (Post 11793137)
Remove & remap is the best option as it will never go wrong again, but DVSA state it isn't legal anymore, but who will know? Are you going to tell them or the MOT tester?

A lot of places do what I did on my old car now And remove the insides then remap so it looks like it's still there

RICHARD J 06 February 2016 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Neeko1988 (Post 11793139)
A lot of places do what I did on my old car now And remove the insides then remap so it looks like it's still there

Exactly, and they still pass on the emissions test so what's the point in having one in the first place seeing as when they are blocked they fail on emissions. Seems total madness to me.

Neeko1988 06 February 2016 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by RICHARD J (Post 11793249)
Exactly, and they still pass on the emissions test so what's the point in having one in the first place seeing as when they are blocked they fail on emissions. Seems total madness to me.

Diesels only have to pass a smoke test don't tbey? Not emissions?