ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Matt LeBlanc as a Top Gear presenter! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1034626-matt-leblanc-as-a-top-gear-presenter.html)

Wurzel 04 February 2016 11:33 AM

Matt LeBlanc as a Top Gear presenter!

Hmmm !!!

http://news.sky.com/story/1635864/ma...senter-line-up

wrx300scooby 04 February 2016 11:41 AM

I didn't expect that! Could be interesting :wonder:

BrownPantsRacing 04 February 2016 11:49 AM

Doesn't matter who joins TBH, with that ginger d1ck running the show I'm never going to watch it!

Rescue Dude 04 February 2016 11:55 AM

Nuff said.

http://newsthump.com/2016/02/04/matt...ron-for-years/

dpb 04 February 2016 12:13 PM

Piers Morgan ?
That really would have been the end

Tidgy 04 February 2016 12:15 PM

Sabine schmitz has been seen at the filming as well.

tbh i cant see it lasting a full season, bbc are trying to milk a bull after the cow has run off

alcazar 04 February 2016 12:16 PM

I'm afraid I won't watch anything with that ginge in it.

markjmd 04 February 2016 01:34 PM

If it wasn't going to be dull as **** before, this pretty much seals it.

ALi-B 04 February 2016 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel (Post 11792124)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

:Suspiciou:wonder::Suspiciou

;)

jaygsi 04 February 2016 01:53 PM

Nice one, i think Matt LeBlanc would be good. As long as he doesn't start spluttering out loads of Americanisms.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-...joins-top-gear

jonc 04 February 2016 02:33 PM

Yep, to all those dismissing the new TopGear before its even aired, we all know you'll be there in front of your TV watching the first new episode, stop living in denial!! :lol1:

Geezer 04 February 2016 03:31 PM

Newsthump on the ball, as ever ;)

Top Gear fans have reacted with their usual amounts of baffling vitriol.

“It’s not Top Gear without May, Clarkson and Hammond!” frothed Louise Giddings, a dickhead from Manchester.

“I absolutely will not watch this new show at all, and that statement alone should make these people stop what they’re doing immediately and cater to my very, very bizarre assertion that nothing should change ever.”

hodgy0_2 04 February 2016 03:33 PM

could be a good move imo

I remember the Daniel Craig haters - when he was announced as the new James Bond

some even created a website - lol

Rusti 04 February 2016 03:41 PM

People need to give Top Gear and the new presenters a chance. It is so easy to just write them off.

BrownPantsRacing 04 February 2016 03:47 PM

I've given Chris Evans a chance for the last 24 years since the Big Breakfast was launched. I still think he's a tool. Should I give him another 24 years before I make my mind up if I like him or not?

hodgy0_2 04 February 2016 04:16 PM

I used to think Evans was a tool in the 90's

fvck even Evans thought he was too!!!

I have actually grown to like him in the last few years

(not that I actually watch much of what he does - but from what I see and hear)

Geezer 04 February 2016 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 11792224)
I've given Chris Evans a chance for the last 24 years since the Big Breakfast was launched. I still think he's a tool. Should I give him another 24 years before I make my mind up if I like him or not?

Well, no, but I always thought Clarkson and May were cocks, but in the context of Top Gear they did well (until it became same old, same old).

So thinking someone is a tool is up to you, of course, but saying a program will be rubbish because that person is in it? I can understand you not wanting to watch him, but to judge to the overall show.......

There's loads of shows that are enjoyable, in spite of the people who are in it.

I hope they don't just try to re-create the show as was with different presenters, but it's difficult to see where they could take it without reverting to a dull Willam Wollard type magazine program, or the loutish 5th Gear.

We shall see in a few months!

Geezer 04 February 2016 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11792248)
I used to think Evans was a tool in the 90's

fvck even Evans thought he was too!!!

I have actually grown to like him in the last few years

(not that I actually watch much of what he does - but from what I see and hear)

I think he is an excellent radio host, but can be a bit sycophantic, both on that and TFI.

BrownPantsRacing 04 February 2016 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Geezer (Post 11792249)
Well, no, but I always thought Clarkson and May were cocks, but in the context of Top Gear they did well (until it became same old, same old).

So thinking someone is a tool is up to you, of course, but saying a program will be rubbish because that person is in it? I can understand you not wanting to watch him, but to judge to the overall show.......

There's loads of shows that are enjoyable, in spite of the people who are in it.

I hope they don't just try to re-create the show as was with different presenters, but it's difficult to see where they could take it without reverting to a dull Willam Wollard type magazine program, or the loutish 5th Gear.

We shall see in a few months!

While I agree with what you are saying, unfortunately Evans is a self-confessed egotistical control freak. He HAS to be the centre of everything he does, in his own words. Which unfortunately will mean YET another Evans show. This time about cars. As much as I loved Top Gear it will be the Evans show, not new top gear.

Martin2005 04 February 2016 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 11792253)
While I agree with what you are saying, unfortunately Evans is a self-confessed egotistical control freak. He HAS to be the centre of everything he does, in his own words. Which unfortunately will mean YET another Evans show. This time about cars. As much as I loved Top Gear it will be the Evans show, not new top gear.

Clarkson is an egotistical, boorish idiot, but I liked Top Gear nontheless

BrownPantsRacing 04 February 2016 04:35 PM

Very true.

Martin2005 04 February 2016 04:41 PM

Something to bear in mind about Chris Evans is that he's always been an innovator when it comes to creating programmes. So it will be interesting to see if he can do something to reinvigorate a programme that was tired, clichéd and formulaic and had clearly run out of ideas.

hodgy0_2 04 February 2016 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Geezer (Post 11792250)
I think he is an excellent radio host, but can be a bit sycophantic, both on that and TFI.

yes I would probably agree

I think it is hard for meedja personalities to be anything but tiny bit sycophantic

I think he is on record as saying radio is where his heart is

for me personally I much prefer radio as a medium that TV anyway

anyway - Le Blanc is an interesting choice - I hope it works out tbh

Alan Jeffery 04 February 2016 06:06 PM

Why didn't they go for Colin Firth?
They could have had "Pride and Prejudice + Top Gear" ..

lozgti1 04 February 2016 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rescue Dude (Post 11792130)

:lol1::thumb:

Alan Jeffery 04 February 2016 07:26 PM

Seriously, Matt Le Blanc is a nice guy and usually comes across well. But he can't stand over the Charge of the Light Brigade battlefield and quote poetry. He can't stand on The Mall while extoling the virtues of the best of British. He can't talk about "E" Types convincingly, and he can't storm a beach with Royal Marines whilst driving a Fiesta. And neither can Chris Evans.

pimmo2000 04 February 2016 09:22 PM

you all say it'll be **** and you wont watch it .. but you will ..

DaveGB270 04 February 2016 10:15 PM

3 series and it will be cancelled is my guess....

Brun 05 February 2016 12:15 AM

I'll be watching. Cars is cars :thumb:
I did think Matt Le Blanc was dull as dishwater when he was on TG though.

jazzyjembreaze 05 February 2016 11:16 AM

Next they'll be asking Daren Day to come paint a few white lines around the track