ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Indicators keep flashing (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1034559-indicators-keep-flashing.html)

Andymojo 01 February 2016 10:57 PM

Indicators keep flashing

Hi just need a bit of help I changed the battery on my97 v4 sti Jdm and when I remote lock the doors they lock.....then 10-20 secs later the indicators constantly flash then pause then constantly flash and this goes on all day ..any ideas ???

arumdevil 03 February 2016 01:27 PM

could be the alarm going off (with no sound for some reason).

wilkoca 03 February 2016 01:42 PM

Turn you hazards off.

**jay** 03 February 2016 04:46 PM

Yip probably a fault in the alarm, looks to be going off but with no sound so probably had the siren disconnected to bodge the problem

Andymojo 03 February 2016 07:30 PM

yea I have turned the siren off I think all that needs to be done is to reset the alarm do you know how to that ?

Andymojo 03 February 2016 07:32 PM

And it's only done it since I put a new battery on the car ...I just don't know the reset sequence on an impreza

**jay** 03 February 2016 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Andymojo (Post 11791901)
And it's only done it since I put a new battery on the car ...I just don't know the reset sequence on an impreza

Remote button or keypad if you know the pin

Andymojo 04 February 2016 05:21 PM

its on the fob red and grey button but still does not reset it locks then 10 sec later indicators flash every 2-3 mins

johned 04 February 2016 09:17 PM

What alarm is fitted.

Andymojo 06 February 2016 06:55 PM

its a serpi star , i think it may be interior sensors??? if so can i disconnect them from the main seri star box behind the glove box? ,if so does anyone know what colour wires the sensors are?

scoobyboy1 06 February 2016 07:31 PM

When you changed the battery was it raining?? did you manage to get water in your fuse box(fuses could be damp) My dad is having the same problem with his Bug WRX and he has no alarm system fitted, same symptoms you have, we put it down to damp/wet fuses and sprayed them with WD40 and it went away for a few weeks, but since we have had a lot of rain the problem has come back:brickwall

Andymojo 06 February 2016 07:37 PM

yea dampness could be a big part of it as I'm doing it up at the moment and its down the side of my house in the shade so it is damp inside ,,I've tried double tapping the l;lock button on the fob and apparently it disarms the interior sensors and so far ...that has worked but id rather disconnect them so i don't have the problem again ...

Andymojo 11 February 2016 08:50 PM

alarm props still !

so does anyone know the wiring diagram of the serpi star alarm module? i need to disconnect the internal sensors , cheers

Andymojo 11 February 2016 09:37 PM

also does anyone know where to get new lamco dial faces for my97 wrx sti ? (white faces)