ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   Group n mounts. (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/1034532-group-n-mounts.html)

WrxSti03 01 February 2016 10:25 AM

Group n mounts.

Going to be purchasing the group n engine mounts and gear box mount but have come across prodrive group n mounts.... is there much difference... don't want too much nvh. Thanks.

imprezagaz 01 February 2016 11:51 AM

I bought the hard race set from as performance. Don't have and nvh

WrxSti03 01 February 2016 02:09 PM

OK cheers I don't suppose you know how the as performance compare to the group n

imprezagaz 01 February 2016 03:27 PM

I was after the group n and they advised me on these. Don't think there is much difference if any. The package comes with pitch mount too

AS Performance 02 February 2016 09:25 AM

both styles carried in stock - slight variance in cost but almost identical quality / both options easily available

WrxSti03 02 February 2016 09:31 AM

What's the price on the gearbox mount and engine mounts. Thanks. Also do you have the rear diff brace with harder rubber bushing.

Gambit 02 February 2016 01:57 PM

i run the hardrace gearbox mount, done so on both hawk sti & hatch sti, only thing you get is a bit of gearbox whine at low rpms but hardly noticeable

std sti gearbox mount in both cases is stupidly soft

WrxSti03 02 February 2016 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Gambit (Post 11791311)
i run the hardrace gearbox mount, done so on both hawk sti & hatch sti, only thing you get is a bit of gearbox whine at low rpms but hardly noticeable

Would you recommend the hard race over the group n? When you say the sti std mounts are soft are you referring to the group n as well. Cheers

neil-h 03 February 2016 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Gambit (Post 11791311)

What sorta difference does it make to the drive/feel of the car?

Gambit 03 February 2016 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by WrxSti03 (Post 11791371)
Would you recommend the hard race over the group n? When you say the sti std mounts are soft are you referring to the group n as well. Cheers

Hardrace and group n are more or less same stiffness its solely the standard sti mount that is soft. Lateral do an even more extreme version where the voids are filled in, basically a copy of the Prodrive rally one
http://lateralperformance.co.uk/prod...nt__modified__

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11791701)
What sorta difference does it make to the drive/feel of the car?

night & day difference in feel, just a much more positive feel when changing gear - no slop so to speak, hard to describe

WrxSti03 03 February 2016 02:26 PM

Yeah I've seen the lateral performance /prodrive uprated group n. I'm thinking these might be a bit overkill on a road going car. Thanks.

WrxSti03 03 February 2016 02:34 PM

Also Gambit have you uprated your rear diff bushes? Can't decider whether to go for the STi uprated brace with the harder rubber compound or just get the superpro ploy bushes.. and use the existing brace. Thanks.

53 03 February 2016 03:15 PM

Uprated Grp N one is the tits :)

Beatrush one is better ;)

WrxSti03 03 February 2016 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by 53 (Post 11791787)
Uprated Grp N one is the tits :)

Beatrush one is better ;)

I've got the beatrush pitch mount. Where's the best place to source the beatrush rear diff brace mate? Cheers.

Gambit 03 February 2016 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by WrxSti03 (Post 11791771)
Also Gambit have you uprated your rear diff bushes? Can't decider whether to go for the STi uprated brace with the harder rubber compound or just get the superpro ploy bushes.. and use the existing brace. Thanks.

i didnt upgrade the diff bushes in my hawk sti but done the lower diff support in my hatch sti due to clunk. fitted the whiteline ones

neil-h 03 February 2016 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Gambit (Post 11791764)
night & day difference in feel, just a much more positive feel when changing gear - no slop so to speak, hard to describe

How about the engine mounts?

Gambit 03 February 2016 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11791889)
How about the engine mounts?

I didnt change engine mounts or pitch mount in my early 06 hawk sti, didnt feel it needed them.

Tho in hatch sti ive changed pitch mount and considering doing engine mounts also now as they feel soft still

Both cars are daily drivers mapped to approx 350bhp/400lbft

53 03 February 2016 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by WrxSti03 (Post 11791790)
I've got the beatrush pitch mount. Where's the best place to source the beatrush rear diff brace mate? Cheers.

I found a contact on ebay :) Vibra Technics (sp?) make a very good engine mount too :)

banny sti 04 February 2016 08:48 AM

I've got silver project solid engine mounts on my car and they are not something I would recommend for a daily driver. Plenty of noise and vibration but they are superb in improving the feel of the car and how it drives :)

bustaMOVEs 04 February 2016 03:44 PM

I chose the beatrush collection

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...9603812c2.jpeg

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...b696a5c13.jpeg

neil-h 04 February 2016 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 11792089)
I've got silver project solid engine mounts on my car and they are not something I would recommend for a daily driver. Plenty of noise and vibration but they are superb in improving the feel of the car and how it drives :)

Can't be much worse than standard surely? The imprezas far from being a quiet car.

banny sti 05 February 2016 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11792311)
Can't be much worse than standard surely? The imprezas far from being a quiet car.

All the bushes are uprated and the gearbox is solid mounted, sounds like a straight cut gearbox even though its a 6 speed. Being so stiff It does not even need a pitch mount :D

To give you an idea of how it sounds inside

AS Performance 05 February 2016 09:53 AM

we supply both the std grpN style and the "prodrive" style.........

we alos do our own custom solid mounts as required but not something i would use on a road car IMO

neil-h 05 February 2016 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 11792512)
All the bushes are uprated and the gearbox is solid mounted, sounds like a straight cut gearbox even though its a 6 speed. Being so stiff It does not even need a pitch mount :D

5 February 2016 - YouTube

Mine (rightly or wrongly) doesn't sound much better than that as it is, although it's drowned out by road noise much above 30mph :lol1:

So in theory the stiffer mounts should improve the gear shift feel and the general power take up the car right?

banny sti 05 February 2016 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11792581)
Mine (rightly or wrongly) doesn't sound much better than that as it is, although it's drowned out by road noise much above 30mph :lol1:

So in theory the stiffer mounts should improve the gear shift feel and the general power take up the car right?

Yes it is much more positive and the gearchange is like a rifle bolt action now, its so much better to drive than previously but its not ideal for a daily driver. Though I have driven it back from Edinburgh which was about 240 miles :freak3:

bustaMOVEs 05 February 2016 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 11792512)

5 February 2016 - YouTube

Some of video is missing :D